Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Burning Dawn, Nam Mission  (Read 22266 times)

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
Re:Burning Dawn, Nam Mission
« Reply #90 on: 13 Apr 2003, 13:18:01 »
OK, 1st Beta test I've done....

I think you need a 'Casual Gamer' difficulty setting. I played on hard yesterday, using the multiple save cheat and finally cleared the 1st Base after about 6 hours of real time and about an hour of game time.

This thing is hard.

So far no bugs or problems, its a great mission. I don't play every day so the difficulty is probably right, it justs makes me feel like an amateur.

Mind you, the last person I shot had a weapon that would have made things easier....  :)

Armstrong - why would you upgrade to WinME? - its poo.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #91 on: 13 Apr 2003, 16:17:09 »
@ ScouseJedi

I think you need a 'Casual Gamer' difficulty setting. I played on hard yesterday, using the multiple save cheat and finally cleared the 1st Base after about 6 hours of real time and about an hour of game time.

goin 4 realisem in dat ;) - i dont think dat da VC attackin U.S bases ever had easy fightin  ;D

So far no bugs or problems, its a great mission. I don't play every day so the difficulty is probably right, it justs makes me feel like an amateur.

da diff is hard (wat did it say wen u was asked ?;)) even experts sayd dat ;D

Mind you, the last person I shot had a weapon that would have made things easier....

lol - just take weapons from enemy bodies da M16 is beter dan da AK47 ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

ratpack91

« Reply #92 on: 13 Apr 2003, 18:56:07 »
I like this mission a lot.  At the first outpost I had an awesome battle after I took out the west LP - but they never set the mine off at that one - and  dug in while the yanks started to lay down some fire on me. picked up an M16 , gave one guy an M60 and we started to take them all out.  The night vision was useful too.

It was all going well until the final attack on the big base where it all lags out on me and it becomes unplayable.

hmmm. Could it have sumthin to do that IÂ've installed Win ME last saturday?
And why would you want to do that? Why would you want to install win ME.  No doctor would recommend it.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #93 on: 14 Apr 2003, 03:35:36 »
@  ratpack91

tel me wat r ur specs ;D

ill c if i can do somin bout da lag

LCD OUT

ratpack91

« Reply #94 on: 14 Apr 2003, 17:20:44 »
benchmark: 1896

pIII 1000MHz
384MB ram

GF4 4200 128MB

me thinks I need a new processor

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #95 on: 14 Apr 2003, 17:25:49 »
lol ;D

it laged b4 da battle ? (nd u quit b4?)

it may happne wen i create nd delete large amount of units - it shud lag wen u meet da NVA nd after bout 3-4 mins stop ;D (i hop ;D)

LCD OUT

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #96 on: 18 May 2003, 13:20:02 »
new version  ;D

i added (sucky) intro + outro  ::)

just if u think u can improve em - improve em nd send 2 me - i suck @ cam scriptin  ::) >:(

also i think i cut da lag more - but it wil lag wen u meet da NVA nd som time after cuz da comp wil b deleiting units around  ;)

also i changed it so if u dont find da keyz after 5 mins - u wil find em aoutomaticly

New Ver

:cheers:

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 18 May 2003, 13:20:37 by LCD »

asmodeus

« Reply #97 on: 24 May 2003, 13:03:21 »
Hey!   ;D

I had a little time so I watched the intro.   ;)

I like what you've done there..  It's cool to recreate "underground" area's for the VC to plan in.  And I really like the map scene.   ;)

If you want I'll fix up the dialogue a bit for ya.   ;)  

I started playin the mission a bit.. Decided to be kamikaze style and walk straight for the base.  Didn't get noticed until I went prone, spun a few frags and was sneaking into the base...  

Then the frags went off and I died.   ;)  

Then my friends stopped by and we started drinking.   :P  

I'll test it out some more for you laterz...  

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #98 on: 27 May 2003, 21:26:38 »
K i wanna finish dis mision ;D

so if no new feedback in da next week - im sendin it 2 da mission depot ;D

ny last feedback ?  ;D

wat do u say in da marrige ? ::) - somin bout if ny1 have prob w/ it speak now ??? ::)

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 27 May 2003, 21:51:47 by LCD »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #99 on: 27 May 2003, 21:59:37 »
 I think it's fine.. I played it and beat it a while back.. with no bugs or anything ::)  

just takes a long time....  

I saw the Intro at Asmo's house, before the drinking and I like it too..

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #100 on: 30 May 2003, 20:04:52 »
I'm gonna play this mission sometime tonight. ;D

After that, I'll add this to my site. ;) :)

It's good that this is on the winning side. ;D There's not much mission around which have VC/NVA units. :)

Hawkins
« Last Edit: 30 May 2003, 20:12:27 by Hawkins »

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #101 on: 31 May 2003, 12:46:43 »
Whoa! Intense! :o
Found a few bugs there. ;D
In the intro, the man from the whole never came. There should be a man coming right? I thought so from the text he said that he gets stuck in the whole. ;D
Also in the intro, the text goes by too fast. :-\
At the meeting point where you meet the NVA, the troops are underground! Not all, but some. This looked quite funny though. They raised up when they started to move.
After this it started to lag like hell and I got killed. :P I got shot my some M79 guy. Damn I hate them when they're on the other side. :P
If you're gonna fix those pointers, then send me the mission once you've fixed them so I can put it to my site. ;D

Hawkins

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #102 on: 31 May 2003, 12:49:06 »
wat is ur comp specs ? nd wat is ur benchmark ? just so i can fix it - bout da intro - i know i just cant make somin good out of it  :( if u can help - tel me ;)

LCD OUT

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #103 on: 31 May 2003, 14:37:18 »
My comp is the crappiest ever:

900Mhz AMD Duron
640Mb SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200
Windows XP Home Editon

Benchmark: 1802

As for the tunnels;
Since OFP doesn't let us "dig" tunnels, then we have to simulate them. That's fairly easy with SEBs 'Nam pack. The sandbag walls there, they are dirty and look like they've been used. They can also be used the build a tunnel complex! It might lag if it's big enough, but for your intro a small one will do nicely. Then just find a place which has that red dust as ground textures and build it there. I can make a "demo mission" for you if you want. ;)

Hawkins

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #104 on: 31 May 2003, 15:42:25 »
im sry but dis mision is resource taker - da last part - is a fight between 7 Vietnam nd 7 U.S groups + napalm  :o (actualy its less on ur comp nd more on beter comps so i think in urs its bout 5 vs 5) - but dis mision lags on my comp also  :-X  :o - i just lay around waitin til enough ppl r killed  ::)  ;D

but i think it may b lots of fun 2 thundserbirds users  ;D like asmo n kali now (i know dey played it ;))

nd ill love 2 get example mision from u ;) - da prob w/ da intro is dat i cant make da man go down da ladder   >:(

LCD UT