Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Burning Dawn, Nam Mission  (Read 22222 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:free pr0n pt.2 - Nam style
« Reply #15 on: 28 Feb 2003, 17:58:47 »
tanks 4 da info ;D

new ver 2day (i hop) and wid realy fixed NVA dat time ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #16 on: 01 Mar 2003, 06:14:25 »
[edit] new ver later on da thread

Guess waaaat ?

new ver ;D

wid da major bug completly ironed out (i tested it 1000000000 times 2 make sure ;D)

Make the first base where you have to destroy their radio communications or a key radio soldier that's easy to see or something...  Would be more realistic.  (Or you could have reinforcements come to the base if you take too long stealing the trucks)

no dey dont have reinforcments cuz - da chopers dont fly @ da night ;D, and da NVA is around da oder base so nothin can pass  ;D

fixes/changes list ;D

Fixed: removed all debugers (i hope) - no longer radio bravo, and dat hi thingy
Added: savegames - if u chhose imposible you get 2 savegames, ifyou choose hard u get 3 savegames
Added: - only for beta version - unlimited saves
Fixed: NVA will wait 4 you and attack wid u (press radio 0 or start engagind da base)
Added: need 2 steal keys 4 da trucks

cheers ;D

LCD OUT

P.S im prety much fucked up after im back from a party so if i posted wrong version (bravo radio is stil dere) tel me
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2003, 15:11:33 by LCD »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #17 on: 05 Mar 2003, 00:10:42 »
no1 ???

:'(

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #18 on: 08 Mar 2003, 12:54:03 »
Man...   :o

I don't know what it is...  I think it's the weapons and how I can't aim right with the AK's in the 'nam pack..  I can use the M16's ok in it, but not the VC weapons...   :-X

SO.....

I tried this quite a few times and on this version I can't get through the first base!   :-X

It's difficult!  The weapons do not agree with my playing style, I don't have enough guys (why isn't my whole squad involved in this assault anyway?)  

Perhaps make it a larger assault on the first base where the VC wins, then join up with the NVA and assault the big base?

I really wish other people checked this out so we could see if it's just that I suck at using these weapons or what...   :-\  People?  Help?   ;)   ;D   8)

I have not given up though..  Let me know what you think.  (mebbe I'm just too drunk right now?)   :P

Asmo

Mandible

« Reply #19 on: 09 Mar 2003, 11:38:55 »
got it and testing, but I can't promise anything, your missions are too damn hard for an occasional player like me  ;D

don't loose faith

Mandible

« Reply #20 on: 09 Mar 2003, 14:34:55 »
re,

got a few questions (playing on hard):

1) turn around the mines: how?
2) turn around the LP's (silently): how for crying out loud? there are guards and patrols everywhere! And they got NV and full skill almost, so I switched to gamma 2 before I could pic up one from a soldier
3) I got into the base with my squad, only a few soldiers left, but neither I nor my squad can get into any of any vehicle?
4) the VC guns are crap, big crap and I rearmed my squad as soon as I've got the possibility (but that's the point right :) )
5) lag is horrible (benchmark 2319)
6) where are those keys (long search :P )?
7 in hard mode, the soldiers guarding the LP's are a bit static, I've entered thebase shooting plenty of soldiers with MG60 but once a while i fall upon those LP's searching for thekeys and get shot by those soldiers. In opposition, in the beginning when I was not yet discovered, some came looking for me.
8) finally found the keys in the middle of th base, but there was nothing close by as if they were dug in the ground, mabe find another spot (if you re-enter trigger 1 new action is added everytime, think about removeaction)!
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2003, 16:17:04 by Mandible »

Flapje

« Reply #21 on: 09 Mar 2003, 16:07:22 »
ok you wanted some more beta testers so here I am  ;D will check it out this evening, am on wrong comp now   ::)

asmodeus

« Reply #22 on: 09 Mar 2003, 23:28:33 »
Ok, I played it a couple more times and once I got an M21, it was all good!   ;D

Name for the mission:

BURNING DAWN

I had to be careful on the first base and trade weapons alot, but I did it. I found the keys on a dead guy and got out with 1 truck.  (which is plenty)  

I noticed the option to take the keys stays there after you take them.  So you should fix that.  ;)  This was a cool feature, btw.  made it more realistic!  But you need a hint or something about it...   ;)

I killed a whole squad of sleeping LRRPs!   :o  All with 1 hand grenade!   :o   ;D  I was real lucky, cause I didn't see them until I was close, and I had a hill I could hide behind when the claymores went off.   :)  

After rearming there, I went around and met the NVA.  

It worked great and the battle started quickly.  

WOW!  Intense stuff man!  I had bullets flying all around me.  (attacked from the North)  All of my squad died in the first 2 mins of the battle, then everyone else on my side died!   :o

So I took my M21 and LAW and went up on hill 133 and sniped a bunch of guys!  (had to save it a lot cause the tanks kept shooting me!)   ;)

So then I decided to go around and ended up by the airfield.  

I found some guys and killed them (that was good placement, btw) and then headed into the base!  I saw a guy, killed him, then a few more ran out and that kept happening.  You did that on purpose, right?  It's cool!  I killed em all!   :P   ;D

Then I crept into the base and killed a tank, and a bunch more guys.  

Had to find more rockets on dead bodies to kill the rest of the tanks, but I did it!  

Then everyone seemed to be dead.  The sun was completely up.  And nothing else happened!  I had killed everyone!   ;D  (with some help of course, that was a large battle!)   :o   :o   8)

Very well done stuff.  I noticed a lot of interesting things you've done w/ the AI.  This large base is setup very well.   8)  

At the end I was running around the base, looking for guys to kill when a lone sniper got me from somewhere on the base.  (some of them lay down when in the towers, btw and they fall out)   :o   ;)

Bottom line is that this mission requires the killing accuracy of the M21 for me to beat it.   ;)  Once I get that it's all good though!   8)

So, fix the ending cause I wish I could have seen my score!   :D  (and mebbe give the "hard" version NV goggles to start w/, or the option in your gear?)   :o

Asmo

P.S>  1 more thing, put radio messages during the assualt!  The only time I knew guys were still alive on my side was either hearing their guns, or seeing the radio messages telling each other to cease fire!  (kept shooting each other, jacka$$es)    ::)

« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2003, 23:29:48 by Asmodeus »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #23 on: 10 Mar 2003, 04:31:13 »
 Well.....   The first two hours of this mission were pretty good but does it ever end? and if so.. how ?  

It is currenty 6:45 am game time... and I dont remember what time the mission actually started... but I swear it was like 3am or something....

The first base was easier.. and I had fun taking it out.... used an RPG to take out some armor  and then picked off the infantry.. till everyone was gone....

THe whole key thing was quite annoying in my opinion.. if you do keep it at all.. you should definately give a hint.. or something in the briefing.. i wasted a good  five minutes running around.. and I think the only reason I didnt give up and just leave the locked truckes behind is because I heard about the keys somewhere in this thread....  

Once i did finally get the keys... the trucks were barely damaged  so it was no use to me anyways...

I headed off with my two remaining guys.. and we killed two LRRP's on the way....  met with the NVA  ..... and only one joined me?
anyways.. the battle started.... and then it never ended...

at one point after killing a good 30 to 40 guys with the M21 I just hid in a bush and watched TV for about 30 minutes or so in the other room...  I came back . and sure enough there were no signs of the battle ending whatsoever...  

I didn't really see any bugs per se.... but this needs to be like an hour and a half shorter on the playing time.. and then it would be awesome....

I think i stuck with it alot longer than most people would ever try to take a base....  the sun was up....  there were still tanks in the base.. and i could have laid there with my M21 for hours more It felt like just picking off random guys....

I understand Nam was supposed to be pointless or whatever..... and with no real objectives or whatever....  but...  from what i've seen of nam missions that play with this kinda style....  they're fun for a little bit.. and then  you're wishing it would just end.....

Missions like this are cool.. but you have to ask yourself....  how many people are going to spend 3 or 4 hours on a single mission.... it just becomes  
repetitive....

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Burning Dawn, Nam Mission
« Reply #24 on: 10 Mar 2003, 15:10:48 »
tanks every1 4 testin da mision ;D - made new ver ;D

fixes/changes

1)added hint 2 da place of da officer wid keys (i hope it works ;D) 5 secs after u get close 2 da locked trucks - if da officer dat have em is dead (cuz if not he can change position)
2) aded som radio chater if u have da radio in ur team
3) da napalm now come if dere r less dan 20 enemies in da base, tel me if it stil takes 2 long
4) remove action now added after taking da keys

dats all i can remember ;D

@ Mandible

1) get close 2 em nd use action menu
2) deir skill is low, and dey have no patrols only LPs, i can do it wid only 1 hand
3) i dont want u 2 hamng around w/ chopers or tanks
4) right
5) strange - ma benchmark is 2269 and it dont lag wen xept in 2 times - wen da mines go off and wen i create enemies wen u r first detected
7) dey have problem getin out of da LPs cuz da AI is st00pid
8) i added da remove action ;D and itwasnt triger its script, da strange thing is dat it shoul b near an officer in da middle of da base not layin wid nothin near

@ Flapje - da day passed ::)

@ asmo - tanks 4 da name, already usin it ;D look @ da changes list

@ kali - da mision starts on 4:30 - tel me if it stil takes so long  ;D

:cheers:

LCD OUT

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2003, 16:33:53 by LCD »

asmodeus

« Reply #25 on: 11 Mar 2003, 10:43:14 »
Hey LCD!

Got the new version and checked it out!   :D

During the first base it was impossible to find the keys so I gave up, rearmed my guys that were with me and left after killing everyone.   ;)

Met my guys and killed an LRRP squad.  Got their weapons, it's all good.  

Then I got a ton of errors when the radio messages were supposed to happen during the big battle..  Probably just a small thing like a missing ;  ::)  

Then I tried a few times and died in the heat of battle while killing some of the squads that come to find me.   :)  (good job on that, btw)   ;D  

And my friend came over and wanted to play.  So I let him go from my retry point (at the start of this big battle) and he ended up having to go all the way around to the airfield like I had to before..   ;)  He made it over there, killed quite a few guys and then the surprise finally came!  (at around 6:30 AM)   ;)  

It was cool, but holy crap did it lag!   :o  I thought my comp was ok now, but all those suprises really gave it a run for it's money!  It was at like .08 frames per second!   :o   :o

Bottome line, tone it down!  He couldn't finish the mission.   ;)

No errors other than those 2 things.   ;)  (I did not get the hint about the keys also)  

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2003, 16:35:59 »
k new ver ;D

dis time im completly positive dat da hint and da radio works ;D

i removed 2 of da 3 napalms so it should b less laggy please report fast ;D

:cheers: beta testers ;D

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2003, 19:41:41 by LCD »

Sol Fire

« Reply #27 on: 14 Mar 2003, 01:26:51 »
well i decided that now that i have Res working again i will test this out

-Sol Fire

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: 14 Mar 2003, 15:58:37 »
Hi LCD,

I was trying to load your mission when I receive the infamous 'missing addon' message.
The missing addon is 'cwkskyhawka4f'.
I've tried everywhere including CWK addOns page in vain.

I would appreciate a link so I can finally test that baby.

Thanks in advance
AliMag

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #29 on: 14 Mar 2003, 19:25:04 »
oops its prob is 1 of em adding addons  :o

ill remove it and reattach it soon ;D

tanks

LCD OUT