Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Eye of the Pig  (Read 7685 times)

max_killer_payne

Re:Eye of the pig beta
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jun 2003, 18:09:50 »
LOL. And attach them to helicopter and then fly them in, they wud b the ultimate backup force.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jun 2003, 19:09:21 »
Yea! ;D

Offline cornholio

• Members
  • Ever eat a llama?
« Reply #17 on: 13 Jun 2003, 01:40:50 »
Yo, Armstrong!

The BMP's are gone for good. I don't want to make this mission
Too hard "fit everybodys skill", But I think that the BMP'S are not needed. (I might even leave the "save-game" in the final).

Your right on target with the resistance dudes changing weapons. I noticed that too. Why? dunno. Should I look into it?...Prolly.

So you noticed the dudes in the church tower eh? (hehehe)

Before I started (trying) to make OFP  missions, I played many. I would like  to find the line between "medium and hard". I hope I achieve that in the final version.

The next version is alot better... :noo:

(BTW, I LOVE YOUR TOWER!!!)  :gunman: :gunman: :gunman:

Man, I just want to get this over with so I can finish my "Nam mission"
(not to rush of course)

;D

« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2003, 07:32:38 by cornholio »
Check out  "Eye of the Pig"
Mission download: http://www.freewebs.com/dikked/

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #18 on: 13 Jun 2003, 11:19:36 »
Yo, Armstrong!

The BMP's are gone for good. I don't want to make this mission
Too hard "fit everybodys skill", But I think that the BMP'S are not needed. (I might even leave the "save-game" in the final).

Your right on target with the resistance dudes changing weapons. I noticed that too. Why? dunno. Should I look into it?...Prolly.

So you noticed the dudes in the church tower eh? (hehehe)

Before I started (trying) to make OFP  missions, I played many. I would like  to find the line between "medium and hard". I hope I achieve that in the final version.

The next version is alot better... :noo:

(BTW, I LOVE YOUR TOWER!!!)  :gunman: :gunman: :gunman:

Man, I just want to get this over with so I can finish my "Nam mission"
(not to rush of course)

;D

Sounds good. Too bad that the tower(s) I made is made outta west soldiers so u cant use it in yer mission :P.

And the Nam mission, post it here in the beta forums and IÂ'll take a look at it. But my Nam Pack 2 is weird and I can only play a few Nam missions. :-\

Offline cornholio

• Members
  • Ever eat a llama?
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jun 2003, 12:44:32 »
I got to start over again on this mission >:(

I tried to "merge" my intro and outro back in the mission
and I got the 64 units message. I looked in the mission sqm
and there are like 300 (!) items that are NOT in my mission.
(no wonder it was lagging so bad). I've been trying with no luck
to hack the sqm and delete them. No luck, mission won't start.

I'm gonna cklick the "problem solved" for now and put a warning at the top of this thread.

If I have to rebuild the mission, it's gonna be another 2 or 3 weeks (lack of time) before I get back here with it.

This sucks :P

laterz

Offline cornholio

• Members
  • Ever eat a llama?
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2003, 01:20:32 »
OINK...OINK.... :gunman:

New version (first thread)

Is this mission too easy or too hard ???
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2003, 01:22:19 by cornholio »

max_killer_payne

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2003, 19:16:57 »
Great  ;D I'll check it out now

max_killer_payne

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jun 2003, 21:04:34 »
Righto, the intro is great. Apart from a few minor details

1. The AI driving for when the bank robbers drive away is abysmal, they keep driving on and off the road.
2. Why do the bank robbers blow themselfs up if they had just robbed a bank and risked thier lifes?
3. When the intro is loading it says Bank Robbery gone bad, how has it gone band? The bank robbery was gonna b bad ne way!! And the robbers did it successfully, the police failed in foiling the bank robbery so change it to something like 'Bank Robbery Intercept Plan gone wrong'

The Mission-this aint final scince I aint completed it yet

Right. Down onto the mission. Once again I love the weapons loadout. There are too many enemys delete some and replace them with the option of the BMP for backup, as I found that really useful last time. I often wasn't sure whether or not an enemy I had shot at had been killed, so this may take about 10 mins but would b worth it. Make some triggers for all the bad guys e.g

not (alive man1)    On Activation: player sidechat "Tango down"

Then you would know when the enemy has been killed do this for all of the baddies, you can script it so you get a random message, if u need help IM me, do this for your team as well, so you know when your men have died. Add in a sound affect as well, so you hear 'Man Down!!! Man Down!!' or a guy screaming for a medic, this would make it alot more realistic. That sniper in the church gets me everytime, make his skill lower, cos Im just gonna get an RPG and blow the fu** outta that tower. Thats all I managed to do, I'll come back when I've done it all. Its alot harder than last time
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2003, 21:10:12 by max_killer_payne »

max_killer_payne

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2003, 22:59:04 »
Rite, I've managed to get to the prison and get inside but one of the guys outside it on the side of the hill kill me and theres about 6 of them, so I dont stand a chance, cut down on the amount of prisoners there.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic mission, this goes into the great mission file with classics like Airbourne, and Facile Ground and Iron Wall. Great work cornholio, im lookin 4ward to a sequel.

Offline cornholio

• Members
  • Ever eat a llama?
« Reply #24 on: 28 Jun 2003, 08:53:43 »
Otherwise, this is a fantastic mission, this goes into the great mission file with classics like Airbourne, and Facile Ground and Iron Wall. Great work cornholio, im lookin 4ward to a sequel

I'm blushing as I write  :-[

I'll respond to the rest tonight :)

2 trashed at the moment :-[

Btw, Great comments and suggestions and this mission will get improved
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2003, 08:56:47 by cornholio »

max_killer_payne

« Reply #25 on: 28 Jun 2003, 10:14:11 »
One last thing, I LOVED the dust effects for the chopper, thought it was great and added a big sense of realism to the mission.

Offline cornholio

• Members
  • Ever eat a llama?
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jun 2003, 03:37:06 »
Hey Max.

The story behind the intro diden't come through very well. It was supposed to be that they were gonna throw the satchel-charge out the window at the cop chasing them but they ran in-to that road-block and the satchel went off in the car (after the shoot out). For me, the car only went off the road right before the road block but if it leaves the road before that point......
it screws up the whole intro.

I'm gonna re-work the intro.

The mission itself seems kind of quiet and adding some speech
is a really good idea.

Instead of taking out enemy, I'm gonna put the "support team" back in on the first obj (with better wp's this time) and re-work the last obj.

btw, there are THREE dudes in the tower and they are armed with MP-5's ;D

Thanx again for taking the time to test it :-*

max_killer_payne

« Reply #27 on: 29 Jun 2003, 10:43:34 »
Yeah, I managed to nail those three bas**** right between the eyes, then just managed to notice, an armed women through a window in one of the civilian houses,

Another few bugs

There is no ammo for the M16 or AK47/CZ in the briefing. Theres no grenade launcher ammunition either.

Offline cornholio

• Members
  • Ever eat a llama?
« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2003, 03:41:58 »
Thanx for noticing that about the ammo Max ;)

I'm gonna make a few changes, do some "internal beta testing"
and send this puppy all over the world. It's my first (published)
mission so I'm not worried if it isn't perfect. Just wanted to make a fun mission that is also a challange and has no addons.

At this point I want to thank everyone that tested this and I hope you all don't mind your names in the credits ??? If thats a prob, just IM me and I'll leave you out.

With the little time I have for this fine hobby, I'm gonna start on the Vietnam mission I've been wanting to make for a long time.
One thing for sure...it's gonna be VERY realistic.

Thanx again,

corno

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available, with required addon, from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2009, 16:38:24 by Walter_E_Kurtz »