Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Burning Dawn, Nam Mission  (Read 22231 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Burning Dawn, Nam Mission
« Reply #30 on: 14 Mar 2003, 19:42:38 »
New Ver later on dat page

new ver wid hopefully no extra addons ;D

:cheers:

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2003, 19:07:32 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #31 on: 15 Mar 2003, 11:19:07 »
Hey!

I checked out this newest version and here's the feedback:

Everything worked fine that I could see up to the middle of the big battle.

There was a lot of radio messages, then all of a sudden, Foxtrot Red 5 went crazy!  That group kept saying radio messages over and over really quick and wouldn't stop!   :o

It was soo bad I had to quit!   :-\

I'm not sure if that was just an isolated thing or what.  

I'll try it again or perhaps someone else will notice whether or not that happens.   ;)

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #32 on: 15 Mar 2003, 14:02:59 »
tanks ;D

gonna check it out ;D

LCD OUT

Captain Winters

« Reply #33 on: 16 Mar 2003, 05:54:03 »
Man o man! I want to test this mission! BUT I GOT 56K!! (until september (hehe)). None the less LCD your meh pal and i shall download that big 40mb add-on just to test your mission! Peace n Chicken grease!

Tanks!

Captain Winters

« Reply #34 on: 17 Mar 2003, 03:19:21 »
6mb there to the SEB NAM 2 LCD!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tanks

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #35 on: 18 Mar 2003, 19:08:35 »
NEW VER ON DA 5th PAGE(if usin 15 post a page option ;D)

tanks cpt ;D

nd tanks 4 da ad ;D

new ver W/O dat loop ;D

gonna test urs soon ;D

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2003, 11:18:57 by LCD »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #36 on: 18 Mar 2003, 21:29:32 »
 All right LCD... I have a few hours to spend playing a mission... ;)

so I'll start this one up again...  
and give my review in installments....  ;)

I really want to beat this.. so I can see how many kills I got ;D
cause I know its alot... ;)

here's a pic I snapped off for ya the last time I played it

http://www.freewebs.com/meds2you/lcdnam.jpg

Captain Winters

« Reply #37 on: 18 Mar 2003, 23:03:53 »
NOO! LCD you havet'a wait 'till this weekend when I post da new version!  ;D 8)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #38 on: 20 Mar 2003, 00:15:28 »
 OK LCD... I played this morning for a little while longer and changed my strategy a little bit.... ;)

I was able to get through the first base.. and grab an ammo truck..

I managed to kill countless numbers of enemies and kill  both tanks and the M113 with a single satchel charge ;)  

the shrapnel helped me take care of a few more guys ....  

I did the whole key thing  ::)  

while my squad mates were outside drawing everyone away from me.... ;)

they all died before I got out of there with the truck.. but hey... oh well they served their purpose as a diversion ;D

i drove straight down to the meeting....    

oops    LMAO    I just realized my squad is waiting somewhere in the jungle right now.. cause I took the base and went to meet the NVA  right after that..

I got my M21 and tried to take that base again....   I have it saved where I parked the ammo truck... and played for a couple of times.. but its hard to get any good spot to fight from.. without getting over run by enemies...  

You just have to kill a certain number of them now?  because one time I had killed a bunch of dudes , there was only one tank left too that I could see...
and a few guys running around here and there...

I also spotted something this time...

you should give the guys an identity in the description.ext cause right now they are all VC with russian names ;D

oh.. and sometimes the soldiers get killed by their own claymores even if you dont spin them...

and at the last base.. some sand bags and claymores are floating in the air :o

Kaliyuga

« Reply #39 on: 20 Mar 2003, 00:39:35 »
Oh.. and I forgot about the photo I took for ya ;)

might make a nice overview pic or summin ;D

thats the satchel in the pic that killed all three armored vehicles actually ;)
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 00:41:22 by Kaliyuga »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #40 on: 20 Mar 2003, 04:15:40 »
 Woo hoo... I beat it man...  and with only 5 guys in my command the entire time too :o  

like I mentioned.. I somehow forgot my squad in the jungle somewhere... musta been that thai stick ;)

So I started back up again.. and I found myself a nice little spot to attack from this time..   and I'm not going to let you take it away from me either ;D

so I aint telling you my route ... lol

but I got into the base.. kicked some :booty:  and then after a while,  I get an error message.. in the middle of the screen:

cannot load mission, missing addon: cwkskyhawkA4F

I clicked OK and continued on ..... shortly after.. I heard a jet... saw some  napalm get dropped kinda close by me......      and then a few seconds later i got the message to run away......    I figured the spot that had already been napalmed was pretty safe.. so I ran that way.. and when I got far enough.. the mission ended...

No outro?   I can see how it would be hard to think of one for this mission.. but I had a novel idea here.....  since you are running a ways away before the mission ends...  why not have the player be set captive at that "end" trigger.. and run a camera script then showing the damage at the base.... sorta zooming around.. and showing all the dead bodies.. maybe some music.. make it like a fat cutscene.. but in the mission.. that way you won't have to recreate the battle for an outro ;)

Fix the error message....   change the dood's names to something asian .. and put a pseudo outro in there...   I'll even do the outro for you if you want ;)

Score attached......           I didnt want to go for the LRRP so I just skipped it. and drove most of the way to the other base.. so I actually finished in about an hour. not including retrys ;)

« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 04:17:19 by Kaliyuga »

Sol Fire

« Reply #41 on: 20 Mar 2003, 07:00:15 »
played.. everything went fine other then the fact i didnt see the Meeting with Squad marker i ended up attacking with the men i started with but that went fine..  went on to NVA meeting point and once the Chopper got into the air it lagged so i had to quit.. i'll try it again later though and actually go to the first Meeting point  ;D

Captain Winters

« Reply #42 on: 23 Mar 2003, 02:43:40 »
Man o man. I had to restart! Only at 3.5 megabytes! I'm only got 6 more hours LCD, Buddy!

Tanks!  8)

PBA12511

« Reply #43 on: 06 Apr 2003, 06:44:48 »
Ok, Ill test it LCD, but only one thing, for your next version make one of the Lurps awake, thats how they did it. Im so fascinated by special forces and stuff like that (Maybe cuz my old man was a Ranger and in the SF) so I read all the books bout Lurps in nam and that stuff. (I recomend reading the Six Silent Men series for anyone whos interested) And the Lurps always had shifts where one would guard and the rest would sleep, then after his shift was done he would wake the next man up and etc... So, maybe if as you said you like reality, have one awake. Or after we are done killing the sleeping lurps have your guy say something like, 'lucky me, the guard fell asleep.' Only not so cheesey.

PBA12511

« Reply #44 on: 06 Apr 2003, 09:19:47 »
Oh, and the claymores around the LPs are kind of close in to them, they need to be a good distance (usually 10-15 yards) away so the back blast (That C4 packs a wallop) doesnt give you some shrapnel in the face.