Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Burning Dawn, Nam Mission  (Read 22171 times)

asmodeus

Re:Burning Dawn, Nam Mission
« Reply #105 on: 31 May 2003, 15:47:00 »
Yeah, the only times I really notice lag are:

1.  When the claymore's go off (of course)
2.  When the huge attack starts  (just for a small time, haven't tried it again since I got more ram)
3.  When the napalm is dropped (for a small time too)

Yeah, I like the originality of that intro and I'm interested to see what Hawk has in mind.   :D

Asmo

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #106 on: 31 May 2003, 18:36:30 »
Ok then. ;D I'll make the mission. Do you want a section for your intro only or shall I make a fairly large tunnel complex? Or shall I make them both? :P For the small one it'll take an hour or two and for the big it'll take longer. ;D Depends on how much I get coffee. :P

Hawkins

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #107 on: 31 May 2003, 19:10:25 »
both :P

but start from da smaller 4 ma intro ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #108 on: 31 May 2003, 21:59:41 »
Ok I made it. ;D It took some time because I tried to add some 'Nam radio to it but I couldn't figure out a way to converr Real audio (.ram) to wav. :-\ If you know, then tell me how. ;D

This might look like a bunker. :o It's totally up to you to decide whether your're going to use this or not. ;) I found it fun making this and I might make a whole tunnel system. ;D Anyway, here's the link. Tell me what you think. ;D

http://hawk.ofprc.net/Tunnels.seb_iatrang.zip

Hawkins

EDIT: And a tip on how to make the guy come into the tunnel; maybe you could camcreate him or make him look like he jumped from an upper level down to the part where the intro takes place? The tunnels they used had many levels. ;D
« Last Edit: 31 May 2003, 22:01:23 by Hawkins »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #109 on: 02 Jun 2003, 16:12:23 »
tanks hawkins

i luv da tunnels ;D

but i stil need 2 convert da intro 2 use it ::)

i think im gonna post new ver w/ it tomoz ;)

LCD OUT

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #110 on: 02 Jun 2003, 17:40:49 »
k da new ver is up ;D

only put da new intro ;)

At the meeting point where you meet the NVA, the troops are underground! Not

dats da famous vietnamese steakth abilty ;)

D/L it @ barning dawn

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2003, 17:44:30 by LCD »

Offline eisa01

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #111 on: 04 Jun 2003, 18:28:52 »
-See post under-
sorry lcd :'( i just thopught this was the best place

Hawkins: I tried it under win2k got a missing dll error, if you wanna try just send me a pm and ill send it to your mail. I got it to work flawlessly in win98 some weeks ago

MODS: why the link still there?? i checked to delete it but the link didnt go away ???
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2003, 19:12:55 by eisa01 »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #112 on: 04 Jun 2003, 18:32:26 »
@ eisa - dere is kool IM sys in OFPEC :P - do not post off-topic posts on ny thread (specialy not on ma beta threads ::) :P)

:cheers:

LCD OUT

Captain Winters

« Reply #113 on: 07 Jun 2003, 20:38:08 »
Well, LCD, since the damn link to the Rangers is down ill give ur mission a go. Since i got DSL now it only too me 1min 29 sec t od/l the pak!! YAY! After I test ur mision ill be down [taking a nap] for a few hours, and then I'll check up on asmo's again!  ;D

Tanks! 8-)

Captain Winters

« Reply #114 on: 07 Jun 2003, 22:13:39 »
a short nap, yes i admit. But all I have on my mind is dis mision! I'll write as I go:

Nice Intro, but there were a couple of prob's.

Intro
1. I think ur usin a trig to start the intro cuz u ken see a d00d right b4 it starts and right after it finishes. Use init.  :)
2. The guy who walks into the bunker is visible a lil before his part. jus move him back some.

Briefing
1.Nice. I'm sorta dissapointed it was all corrected tho... :-[ I like reading your LCD lingo so i ken learn it too!
2. I see why you have no 'Plan' part. I like the idea, but maybe u should have jus a link to da notes at the bottom of teh explaination?

Mission
1. lmao. You stupid bastard! I like the two options! 'Hard', and 'Impossible'! LOL! This is gona take me like 4 hours to beat! lol... see you then...
2. I experienced lag, like others [of course cause of the mines.]
3. It was easier than I expected taking the first base! I just remained hidden up in the hills and blew all of the americans away. Out of four of my crew members one was shot, and it was the Medic! [DAMN!!]
4. I literally had two bullets left in my last mag! Those ammo trucks were a sight for sore eyes!! BUT, it was kinda hard not running into the trees when driving off road! Infact I had to reload just cuz the stupid trucks go damaged! [I'ma bad driver :P  ;D]

After  i dropped the truck off, I remebered reading bout the LRRP's [wats dat mean ne ways? sorrie im not that big on nam, the world wars are my bag]. I was suprised that there must of been around 20 of them surrounded by mines on the way up to the meeting point! I had a VERY VERY hard time killing them.

When I reached the other peeps [on my side] i was relieved that there was 10 or 15 of them! I was happy cause my sniper was killed by one of those sneaky LRRP's. I helped attack the base as indicated, and was relived to see there were maybe only 20-40 troops guarding it. I told my RPGer to drop his RPG and i took it and killed the birds.

Sadly, as I came out victorious I asked two to report status...
"Oh, no! 2 is down!"
Shit.

Ahh well. Anyways.
1. May I suggest adding troops to the south of the big base cause I had my me-man flank from behind with out a hitch.

Overall I had a good time playing this mission. I might give it another go tonight!

btw- i noticed that u dint have an overview pic So I took this one from the outro for you!

OH THE OUTRO HOW'D I FORGET THAT!?!?
Awsome. I loved how the heli's fly threw the Napalm smoke. Thats quite cinematic!
1. Can the AH-1's shoot rockets at my guys [the regulars or wat ever the are] and blow them up in slow motion?? That's be VERY cool!

I love this mision, bud. All it needs is sum custom music!
PS- check attchments for pic.

Tanks! 8-)

**Goes off to see if the ranger link works yet...***