Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Burning Dawn, Nam Mission  (Read 21324 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Burning Dawn, Nam Mission
« Reply #45 on: 06 Apr 2003, 11:21:20 »
@ PBA12511 -

test it LCD, but only one thing, for your next version make one of the Lurps awake, thats how they did it

dere is 1 awake - i watched movies 2 ;) ;D - he is da man dat detonates deir claymores

and the claymores around the LPs are kind of close in to them, they need to be a good distance (usually 10-15 yards) away so the back blast (That C4 packs a wallop) doesnt give you some shrapnel in the face.

i talked w/ som1 dat was in da nam nd he told me dat in reality da claymores were very close 2 da LPs  ;) - but i tried 2 make da claymores as close 2 da LPs as i can while dey wont kill da ppl inisde ;D

btw were did u get ? ;D

can u make cam scripts ?

LCD OUT

P.S - tanks 4 changin ur sig line ;D
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

PBA12511

« Reply #46 on: 06 Apr 2003, 11:27:25 »
Ill continue testing tomorrow, I didnt get far.

PBA12511

« Reply #47 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:51:05 »
     Ok, one prob, is the M113 supposed to be unlocked? I snuck through everything at the first base (one of the wire barriers was floating) I went under it after spinning some mines. I was crawling along alone in the base, I came up next to the M113 and it was unlocked, so, being myself, I jump in the gunner positions and mow everyone down. Then I got a truck and went to my buds.

I skipped the LRRPs, went straight to the NVA, boy, that attack was HUGE, it lagged a little bit on my 1.6 GHz 512 MB of RAM system, what a fun battle, after they blew us up with M79s they used tanks and MGuns, we were slaughtered.

Overall, nice mission, very challenging, I cant believe I made it that far. And, with the objectives, could you be a little more clear? I didnt know whether I was suppose to bring the ammo truck with me to the NVA, good thing I didnt. And also, a bug you might want to look into, when I went to the NVA, I saw 2-3 above ground, and something that looked like helmets on the grond, all of a sudden all these NVA pop up from underneath those helmets, I almost shot one of them.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #48 on: 06 Apr 2003, 21:54:49 »
lol

And also, a bug you might want to look into, when I went to the NVA, I saw 2-3 above ground, and something that looked like helmets on the grond, all of a sudden all these NVA pop up from underneath those helmets, I almost shot one of them.

its da famous vietnamese stealth ;) ;D

Ok, one prob, is the M113 supposed to be unlocked?

no - da M113 is suposed 2 b manned 1ce da alert is up - u prooly killed da crew ;D

LCD OUT

PBA12511

« Reply #49 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:02:35 »
I got next to it with out starting up the alarm, the crew was right next to it sitting by a fire, they saw me and I jumped in, then shot them, drove around, and shot everyone else.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #50 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:04:16 »
u r good w/ stealth if u could get in like dat  :wow:

i never tried i just attack em from behind nd kill em all  ;D  ;)

LCD OUT

PBA12511

« Reply #51 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:16:44 »
     Id like to believe Im good in stealth, but I found one of those wire barriers in-between two LPs that was floating just high enough off the ground for me to crawl under, another bug you might want to check out =].

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #52 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:20:25 »
its nothin i can do - its OFP terain bugs  :-\ - meve we can say it bonus 4 ppl who realy scout b4 attacking ;D

LCD OUT

PBA12511

« Reply #53 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:22:22 »
HA, I got a bonus, also a bonus for destroying the base with their own M113?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #54 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:31:44 »
no - i gonna change dat :P

LCD OUT

PBA12511

« Reply #55 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:33:09 »
     Fine then, be that way, but whens the new version coming out?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #56 on: 06 Apr 2003, 22:48:30 »
wen u finish dis 1 ;)

make list of da changes u think i should make

LCD OUT

PBA12511

« Reply #57 on: 06 Apr 2003, 23:24:02 »
     Ok, I think that the LRRPs should be in a 360 degree circle, thats how they did it. The NVA hiding in the ground should be above ground so there aint friendly fire, specify that you dont need the ammo truck for the NVA. Move the claymores from the LPs a little further out, the first time I played one of them got killed, and I didnt turn it around, when he blew them. But that was only once, the second time it didnt happen. Add an Aircav patrol that aint sleeping outside of the big base. Thats pretty much it.

=edit= And lessen the soldiers at the last base, its too hard =], also, your difficulty, hard or impossible, I think it would look better if it was Hard or Harder.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2003, 23:25:36 by PBA12511 »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #58 on: 06 Apr 2003, 23:25:09 »
dere were no ppl patrolin in da Nam sry ;D

ill do da rest

LCD OUT

PBA12511

« Reply #59 on: 06 Apr 2003, 23:26:47 »
     There were regular patrols outside of large bases, they would set ambushes or just patrol dailey outside the wire of big bases.