Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Delta Team  (Read 62051 times)

Skaven

BAS Delta Team
« on: 25 Nov 2002, 14:55:56 »
I'm happy to anounce that after spending some weeks working with Frandsen, we finnaly finneshed the Delta Team, there are only some small issues regarding details still needing to be adjusted.
Here are some pics for you though crytics to analyse  ;D
Any sugestion, reclamation, critic will be as always more than welcome ;)
We're thinking on releasing them very soon, I'm just waiting to finnish the BAS Weapons Pack that I'm working at the moment, it will have an M14 with an ACOG as seen in BHD, and also 6 or 7 new SOPMODs which represents FlipeR's M4s base weapons, in conjunction with Curtis (unbeliavable scopes) and Frandsen's work, I already have two of them  in game, I'll post some screen shots soon.
Also any information about how the ACOG sights should look like would be more than welcome,I'm currentely searching for pics of the SOPMODS to include in the game editor and also for sight pictures to make them as real as possible, the more pics the better, also there is something that as making me wonder, I never fired such a weapon, and I already got all sorts of opinions, still, does the ACOG sight as Zoom in and Out or just a static one? If it does have a moveble zoom, you guys know the +/- degrees or meters?

Here are some pics  ;)

« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2002, 15:01:36 by Skaven »

STGN

Re:BAS Delta Team
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2002, 15:38:13 »
they look great  :D :D
but the NV I think looks like they are bloking fore there line of sight :-\
STGN

Skaven

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2002, 15:52:52 »
Yes the NVG is being reviwed, STT gave us a great help, but that is somthing we're still sorting (one of the mention small issues  ;D )
It does fully work, it as an animation that raises and lowers them automaticaly, but, we're still finding a way to make them better  ;D

STGN

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2002, 16:29:41 »
that very cool  ;D there is a reason why you gyes from BAS is considered some of the best.
STGN

max

« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2002, 17:56:26 »
Just one small thing;
The M14 in BHD had an aimpoint mounted on top, not an ACOG.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2002, 17:58:56 by max »

ZIKAN

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2002, 18:09:30 »

TkKivi

« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2002, 18:35:22 »
Correct me if im wrong,

is that camo pattern kind of old?
i liked the Lost brothers New Woodland camo pattern
ive seen pics of all those MARPATÂ's and all. They donÂ't look the same as the original OFP US camopattern...

Though im not familiar with US army or anythinÂ'

Nice job!  ;)

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2002, 20:51:12 »
First off, beautiful work to BAS, and their constituents! I eagerly look foward to using these troopers... they've been a long time coming.
Secondly, that's actually an excellent representation of US woodland BDU camo pattern. The only branch yet to receive the MARPAT ( MARine PATtern ) camoflage BDU's is, of course, the Marines. I don't know whether the other branches of the US military will update their camo before the Land Warrior system is fully fielded, but If I'm not mistaken- new and innovative techniques are being studied as a replacement.
Eventually, as the Objective Force Warrior system of systems is fielded, one of the planned components will include an advanced mimetic camoflage that would function like the "Predator's cloaking device". It would monitor the background coloration and lighting and adjust the camo pattern ( And perhaps even texture/shape! ) to achieve maximum stealth. There have already been prototypes tested that allowed the wearer to routinely approach to within 20 meters of an unsuspecting subject- in full daylight.
I think the limiting factor right now is weight, new portable battery capacity and fuel-cell power generation technologies, and the soldiers ability to remain unplugged from an extension cord for more than 12 hours...

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2002, 21:19:16 »
max is right it is an aimpoint and i might be finishing 1 of these aswell as a few weapons as soon as i can get some 1 to write me a config seing i suck at them

The Edge

« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:08:44 »
So what exactly are the mag pouches attached to? It's nice to finally see some current issue style pouches though, with the citek buckles.

And where are the leg straps for the thigh holster on the WD cammie guys? Without 'em, that holster would be flapping around... ;)

OD colored helmet would be more accurate to what's currently in use (CGF Gallet TC-2000/1 helmets). Black is not a naturally occuring color!

Will there be a radio modelled somewhere on the characters? AN/PRC-148 MBITR, maybe?

How about hydration? CamelBak?

As for the SOPMODs, every single one I've seen has had a AN/PEQ-2 attached somewhere on the rail system. General consensus on placement seems to be on the upper rail. Aimpoint Comp M2's are issued, although some operators privately purchase a EOTech 551/2 HDS. Some guys swear by it, but I prefer my Aimpoint or CMore over the EOTech. As for the ACOG it depends on the model. The one popularized by SEALS is a static 4x magnification (which is why it has integrated iron sights).

You cannot zoom in with Aimpoints either. The best you can do is buy a magnification lens and attach it to the Aimpoint, but it is static.

Chomps

« Reply #10 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:56:16 »
To clarify, does the NVG model go down automatically when the player activates NVGs?  Is the orginal box-like NVG model still visible?

For the BAS weapons pack, are there any other weapons planned, like a SAW or a more modern sniper rifle?

As a request, could one of the model variants have the "safety goggles" (I know that is certainly not what they are called, but I do not know the actual name) on?  Or, even better, could the variants without the NVG have an animation that raises and lowers the safety goggles.  That may just be silly, though, if they can serve no ingame purpose and just use up an action slot.

Skaven

« Reply #11 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:59:00 »
1 The leg straps for the pistol holster on the woodland were placed (the pics were old)  ;D

2 The Radio is on the back of the Radio Man you can't see form here  ;D

3 They all have CamelBaks on the back also, you can't see from here  ;D

4 The helmet I'm thinking about it  ;D
Any more sugestions?  ;)

As for the SOPMOD Tips and Pics, thanks guys  ;)

Dkraver

« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2002, 00:19:09 »
2 The Radio is on the back of the Radio Man you can't see form here  ;D
I think when he says radio, its a personal radio for in squad communication.  Those would normally be placed on the back of the vest either behind one of the shoulders or in the middle.

Vixer

« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2002, 01:18:52 »
the radio is the headset they are wearing

for the "red dot" as Aimpoint is a Trademark ive seen som1 making one on his guns for ofp he also explained how it can be done, maybe it will also be placed on the Ballistic guns with "red dot" i dunno but we go for realistic so might be posible if we can make it work properly

The Edge

« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2002, 01:20:58 »
DKRaven's got it right -- my fault for not clarifying. The AN/PRC-148 MBITR is the latest issued radio to SF-types for intra-squad comms:

http://www.thales-defence.co.uk/business/commsys/comms/tactical/mbitr/default.htm

The current issue (that I'm aware of, although I have seen/heard of other CamelBak systems in use) CamelBak system is the Storm, which is also a part of the MOLLE system (although the Storm itself is in OD).

http://www.camelbak.com/mil/cb_prod.cfm?Product_ID=63&CATID=6

As for goggles, the popular brand that I've seen guys wearing are Bolle. The T-800 goggles are really nice and compact (I own a pair myself).

http://www.lightfighter.com/item.html?PRID=760228

Have you guys thought about modelling RAID-style BDU jackets? They wouldn't serve any purpose game-wise, but this is how SF-types modify their BDU tops. Either the lower or breast pockets are moved to the shoulders; usually at an angle, with the buttons replaced with velcro. Velcro is also stitched to the side of the pockets for flag, glint tape, insignia, blood type, etc. It'd just be a nice detail, nothing important. Kneepads are also recommended for the WD guys, if they haven't been slapped on them yet.

I also take it those NVG are supposed to be AN/PVS-15's? Very expensive. ;)