Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Delta Team  (Read 62050 times)

mattmayhem

Re:BAS Delta Team
« Reply #30 on: 27 Nov 2002, 06:28:20 »
Vixer, are those pics from a URL ? I would be interesting in seeing them.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #31 on: 27 Nov 2002, 12:13:06 »
the pic are taken from here http://www.specwargear.com
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2002, 12:14:18 by BoNeCoLLeCToR »

NoRSu

« Reply #32 on: 27 Nov 2002, 14:11:13 »
Looks great, finally something to go with LBs.

One thing puzzles me though, is someone making any modern Russian special forces (new models and all) ? Skaven was making some modern Spetz Nazs but is there any progress on them ???.

Skaven

« Reply #33 on: 27 Nov 2002, 14:22:40 »
I am Norsu  ;D
And I'm using your Grosas with your permission  ;D
They are almost done,I'm waiting  for Vixer to send me some new Alpha Team models, so I can swap the textures to new models, than maybe I'll add some new weapons, I still have to see that  ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #34 on: 28 Nov 2002, 08:57:43 »
Is there a Chance of any Rangers or PJs to Go with the Delta Guys, ever? I think ya should, I have some Ideas on just how to go about Modeling the Rangers, I know some Rangers, and my Dad is in the U.S. Army and Knows Several Rangers, He even met a few Delta Operators, but they were retired, if they were still in he probly wouldn't know they were operators or couldn't tell me, with out killing me that is  ;)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #35 on: 28 Nov 2002, 09:28:30 »
yea some new rangers would be awesome ;D ;D

The Edge

« Reply #36 on: 28 Nov 2002, 10:39:16 »
Rangers use the same stuff everyone else uses, with specific regiments using their own gear (i.e. 75th are/were known for the RACK, although I'm not certain if it's issued to all Rangers nowadays). Frandsen's USMC guys can double for the Rangers, provided the helmets were in woodland.

I personally like to use the goggled and helmeted drivers from that pack to double as SF. :)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #37 on: 28 Nov 2002, 21:23:00 »
Yeah I was thinking that too about the Marines, but they only have all that gear when they go on extended assignments, but most times they wont where the big huge packs if not Necessary they'd go in wearing the LBE, a Kevlar Vest, NVGs, Gas mask (depending on Mission), and depending on their Weapon other Packs for ammo, like a Grenader is going to wear a special Vest for carrying Grenades, an Ammo Bearer will cary a pack with Ammo Drums, a SAW or M60 Gunner will carry extra Ammo Space also, a Medic will have a Big med Pack (as I mentioned before) and Streacher Bearers would Have a Streacher (hints the name), so you'd need a lot of P3ds but if you got a team to work on it, it shouldn't be to difficult, I have a P3D of a Soldier with out the Bed roll, and a Flash light, that I downloaded and Edited.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #38 on: 29 Nov 2002, 10:07:19 »
I'll take some Gnarly Screen Shots of the Models I made for Rangers, and Start a New Thread, this one is for Delta, sorry I brought it up  ;)

Skaven

« Reply #39 on: 29 Nov 2002, 11:54:21 »
Thanks to Tales of War for lending us their M249 and M14 from whitch Wetwork made a great Aimpoint,we're currentely in Delta and some Weapons Beta Test Phase,we've been also talking about including a Snow Version of the Delta, there will be more weapons available, besides the already mentioned ones (some posts before),there will be 4 new MP5s with an Acog or an Aimpoint (still discussing that between us), and two more M4s this time with an Aimpoint (Silenced and no Silenced Version), also on the works will be an M24 and maybe a Remington 700 Sniper Riffle.
Also we've been discussing about making Woodland,Desert and Snow versions for the weapons, however I'm afraid the pack may become too big, what do you guys think? Too big I mean a 10 Mbytes Weapons Pack and a 12 Mbytes Delta Pack.
Also I would like to thanks Frandsen,Curt (Wetwork) and Vixer, for the incredable and Precise models they've been making as also for the help and hard work they have given to the Project, You Guys ROCK  :thumbsup:

some pics for you (Thanks Tales of War)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #40 on: 29 Nov 2002, 12:30:00 »
man those look awesome
an M24 would be nice
good work fellas u guys rock

Offline Viking

• Members
  • NORSOF
« Reply #41 on: 29 Nov 2002, 17:39:56 »
That's Game Cammo? It looks a little different, but still perfect, shouldn't mess with the Cammo, also, in the Pack Make a Civi armed with an M1911a1, (Twaiwan Workshop has a Great one) and set on the West Side, add the CPP to the Pack, because Most Delta Work is under Cover Body Guard work, you should Read Inside Delta Force by Command Sergent Major Eric L. Haney (Ret.) he was one of teh Original Delta Members he was in B Squadron (the Team in Task force Ranger was C Squadron) it talks about his work in Beruit, El Salvador, Iran (operation Desert one) and even some Top Secret Stuff he and his Commrades did, very good book! worth the Read! and it would prove Useful in makeing this Great Addon Gooder Great!  ;D any way just a Thought

I read that book to... It's GREAT!! Could barely leave it alone and when i finished it, I wanted to start it again ;D

About the Civ. clothing with an M1911A1... Good idea!
How about a Civ. Clothing with M1911A1 AND an M4 SOPMOD? Like the Delta Operators used in Afghanistan(when on protective detail, and the likes)
VIKING
Modeller/Skinner/Coder
NORFOR

Chomps

« Reply #42 on: 29 Nov 2002, 18:18:04 »
Could the model for the machine-gunner be changed so that he is wearing his goggles over his eyes?  I do not know if that would be very fitting, but I have seen it done elsewhere.

Mr.ThunderMakeR

« Reply #43 on: 29 Nov 2002, 20:21:58 »
Dont do TOO many weapon versions.  One of the recent trends in addons that has been bugging me is addon makers release packs of 20 different weapons or units with only very minute differences in them.

A perfect example would be FlipeR's M4s.  While these are obviously great guns, is it really necessary to model EVERY single different variation? I highly doubt a soldier would worry about his gun being silenced when hes firing off m203 rounds.

Please try and trim your weapons pack down to what is really necessary :)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #44 on: 29 Nov 2002, 21:21:09 »
yea to many weapons isnt always a good thing specialy when its 10 megs worth of pevious weapons just camo u dont need all of them there nice weapons i would be glad 2 get them like in the pic