Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Delta Team  (Read 62054 times)

The Edge

Re:BAS Delta Team
« Reply #15 on: 26 Nov 2002, 01:23:36 »
the radio is the headset they are wearing
A headset still needs something to plug into. :P

The Telex Stinger is issued, although from all accounts it is a POS that breaks rather easily.

http://www.telexlmr.com/milswatcovert.htm

Handmikes are still in use as well as headsets...
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 01:25:59 by The Edge »

Delta_One_Zero

« Reply #16 on: 26 Nov 2002, 03:02:37 »
Is there any plans on including a M68 CCO (Close Combat Optics) on any of the M4's? (I believe they were the scopes used on the M4's by Delta Operators in the film Black Hawk Down.)
I believe this would be excellent for CQB situations.

The Edge

« Reply #17 on: 26 Nov 2002, 06:18:50 »
Is there any plans on including a M68 CCO (Close Combat Optics) on any of the M4's? (I believe they were the scopes used on the M4's by Delta Operators in the film Black Hawk Down.)
I believe this would be excellent for CQB situations.
M68 is the military designation for the Aimpoint scopes we've been talking about. :)

contraz0rz

« Reply #18 on: 26 Nov 2002, 06:21:51 »
Awesome troops! good job

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #19 on: 26 Nov 2002, 06:26:57 »
i dont think they had M68s in 1993
thats wat i herd anyway....

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #20 on: 26 Nov 2002, 06:36:00 »
It's the Most Beautiful Thing I ever Saw  :'( for the Medics you should add a Big Pack, or a Strecher, or Both  :D Great Textures, Gimmie! Gimmie!  :D :D :D :D

Vixer

« Reply #21 on: 26 Nov 2002, 08:01:58 »
for the radio i got a handmike and headset it works great just fits in my pocket hehe

for the aimpoint scope there are 2 types of aimpoint scopes
http://www.aimpoint.com/video/AVI7.avi

The Edge

« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2002, 08:19:38 »
Registered-

Aimpoint has been manufacturing scopes for quite sometime now. They may not have been issued, but that doesn't mean that they were not group purchased or even privately purchased (with approval). They were, after all, CAG.

Punker-

Any old big pack isn't what medics wear these days. They wear packs *designed* for medics, since they have very specific needs for very specific tools (IV bags, scissors, tubes, stands, etc).

An example would be the excellent Eagle Industries A-III medic pack: http://www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=5

I own a regular (non medic) A-III pack and I love it.

Vixer-

Your radio may fit in your pocket, but the military's radios won't. ;)

As for the Aimpoints, the one commonly seen and used (especially by the military) are the Comp M2 series. These particular reddots have NV capabilities (ie you turn them to the 2 lowest settings and they are invisible to the naked eye -- unless you are wearing NVG). They're also a bit pricier than the Comp ML2 series, which are not NV capable.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 08:26:23 by The Edge »

Skaven

« Reply #23 on: 26 Nov 2002, 11:58:17 »
Thanks for the pics and info guys, as usual your help is more that apreciated and helpfull ;)
I'll post some more pics soon, for now I've been finnishing the details that I felt that needed to be improoved, the pistol holster the vest,the mag pounches the helmet have all been improoved, I don't believe that it's possible to make them much better from what I know and from the way they are mapped.
I've studied every milimeter of them, every shadow,every colour, BAS is known for quality and for realism, well I've spent 26 hours working on this guys, and I do believe that it won't be possible to make them much better, I've even textured things that won't be seen because the vest is covering it, even the dust below the boots, have been thought compared to the way real persons step in dust, trust me this guys have quality and have been thought to the smallest detail.
Ofcourse there are always things that could be discussed, like the coulour of the boots, brown? black? the colour of the vest,brown?black?green? the type of helmet, the type of radio and so on. I've gathered all the pics I have from them, I've seen BHD 3 times in slow motion  ;D and I made them like 75% of the photos show, black boots,black mag pouches and black vest for desert, the same was done for the woodland.
The only problem that still needs to be worked is th NVG, when you use the action menu it does drop and raise, and it doesn't use the old ones, but the degrees it covers doesn't satisfy me but I'm still figuring a way to fix that. And ofcourse you still have to use N to light them on, so far I didn't figure a way to make them work better, but I'll ask STT, if it's possible, he knows how to it  ;D

Now the weapons  ;D
Using FlipeR's M4s as base with full permission, Frandsen and Curtis made a new set of SOPMODs, I've been making a new cpp file for them and so far I have 6 new weapons in game, the M4SOPMOD ACOG,M4SOPMOD ACOG SD,M4SOPMOD Reflex,M4SOPMOD Reflex SD,M4SOPMOD ACOG M203 and M4SOPMOD ACOG M203 SD.
Next I will finnish one M14 with an ACOG and maybe one with a REFLEX, it depends on the size of the pbo file and also on the need for more weapons. We've been making the weapons as we need them, we could make 20 weapons, but it doesn't make much sense we're making the weapons as we need them, we ain't making weapons for featuring soldiers neither soldiers for feature weapons, we're making DELTA TEAMS to feature BAS's quality standarts which so far I can say we've done the best we can which I hope it satisfys you guys  ;D
More Pics soon  ;D

The Edge

« Reply #24 on: 26 Nov 2002, 12:11:03 »
Which reticule are you going to be using for the Reflex? Dot or triangle? Amber colored, I hope? :)

I've used a Reflex before... I didn't think too highly of it. It's nice not having to worry about battery drain (which isn't an issue with Aimpoints), but the one I used did seem a little dark in low-light conditions, regardless of the tritium.

I also wasn't sure if you were making current Delta or BHD Delta, seems to be the latter; which is fine, I suppose.  In that case you may want to visit: http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_catalog.asp?cat_id=67&d= (if you haven't already)

They were one of the major gear suppliers for the film. I'd also like to point out that what they wore in BHD is vastly different to what's being worn today...

Regardless, www.militaryphotos.net is a good site for reference, as well as www.specwargear.com

mattmayhem

« Reply #25 on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:41:18 »
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/photos/bhd_gallery/index.htm
Alot of nice close shots from filming BHD that might help, it will give you some good shots of LBE suspenders, vest, chest pouches etc...

Vixer

« Reply #26 on: 26 Nov 2002, 20:57:05 »
thnx matt, we got photos from the site of the company that delivered the gear for BHD, delta soldier photos from almost all sides

about the headset and radio

« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 20:59:21 by Vixer »

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #27 on: 26 Nov 2002, 21:00:44 »
Hmm, this is interesting...
So what we have here is a matter of trying to be accurate to a particular time period. Is BAS going to release two Delta addon packs for two seperate time periods?
I think that would be the ideal solution- As many people here were BIG BHD fans, ( Including myself, of course! ) the models you are making would be perfect for BHD scenarios. ( Though they never seem to get made... )
But for those of us who consider themselves to be real SOF afficianados, and have seen what the opeators are wearing these days over in the sandbox, are going to want what is the most realistic, current kit. Which means two different packs... maybe?
Now, I may be talking out the wrong end of my torso here...
but why not do something like this:
try to make the models shape, ( Vest, pouches, packs, helmets, holsters, etc. ) the same for both .pbo's, and simply retexture with OD and three-color desert "pinkies", for modern-day operations?
BTW: The most accurate representation for the most up-to-date kit would be Dockers khaki trousers, Jersey knit polo shirts, and Northface fleece pullovers... with the normal one-man arsenal of HK or M-4 based weapon systems. I guess our security detail operatives should look professionally casual.
This is kind of meant to be a bit tounge-in-cheek, as I'm sure that D-boys would probably dress-out much differently, if they were breaching a door of a large, tango-filled compound. Still- it might be neat for some "protect the Afghan President" missions?

Skaven

« Reply #28 on: 26 Nov 2002, 22:56:56 »
Well for a first version, we'll use the game woodland cammo and the desert one like seen in the picture.
Also we'll use 6 to 10 custom made weapons by BAS, and some made by other addon makers (with full permission), we'll than keep on updating them, releasing new versions, which hopefully will end only with weapons made by BAS, one of the things that is being discussed is the inclusion of desert versions for the weapons.
My idea, and I quote MY is to make a first version for the DELTA and for the Weapons, and than keep updating them as we get feedback from people, the best way of making things well is letting you guys play and then put the shields and start getting your feedback fire  ;D
The Delta are now totally made, I'm currentely finnishing the weapons with Curtis and Frandsen than we'll go into Beta Testing Phase and after sorting all the bugs they will be released, don't ask me for ETA but I can say pretty soon.
Still and as I said, this is my opinion we're still discussing the best way.
Vixer is also working on a tottally new kind of Sights, which is a secret, let's see if he gets it, if he does, than I think you guys are gonna be surprised  ;D

The final product will be made paying attention to all possible details,still all we know that it's impossible to have something totally free of bugs, but as normal we want to give you quality and for that we do take some time with details and with tests, I hope to keep on getting your feedback cause you guys do help us much more than what you can think of, and all the pics,links you've given me and opinions have been extremely useful, and I do thank you all for that, I will post more pics very soon, I just wanned to finnish some more weapons to include them in the pics.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #29 on: 27 Nov 2002, 06:05:05 »
That's Game Cammo? It looks a little different, but still perfect, shouldn't mess with the Cammo, also, in the Pack Make a Civi armed with an M1911a1, (Twaiwan Workshop has a Great one) and set on the West Side, add the CPP to the Pack, because Most Delta Work is under Cover Body Guard work, you should Read Inside Delta Force by Command Sergent Major Eric L. Haney (Ret.) he was one of teh Original Delta Members he was in B Squadron (the Team in Task force Ranger was C Squadron) it talks about his work in Beruit, El Salvador, Iran (operation Desert one) and even some Top Secret Stuff he and his Commrades did, very good book! worth the Read! and it would prove Useful in makeing this Great Addon Gooder Great!  ;D any way just a Thought