Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!  (Read 23707 times)

DeadMeatXM2

BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!
« on: 16 Feb 2003, 19:06:12 »
well after a long wait, here it is!

you guys are in for a real treat :D

ADDON DESCRIPTION
=================
This addon provides a comprehensive list of 1st SFOD Delta and 75th Ranger Battalion units. Both Desert and Woodland versions are included and a new set of highly accurate weapons and equipment has been modeled and included.
Features include:-

- Highly accurate and comprehensively researched Delta units in Woodland and Desert camo
- Highly accurate and comprehensively researched Ranger units in Woodland and Desert camo
- New Kawasaki dirt bikes as used by special ops in woordland and desert camo
- Extensive weapons pack including a variety of M4's and other spec ops weapons in a variety of configurations
- Animated goggles
- New character models
- As an added bonus we have included a unit called "Soldier" and "DES Soldier". These units come with no sleeve patches and are designed to allow a mission maker to include their own custom unit patch. As a sample we have included unit patches for the 101st, the 82nd and the 10th Mountain with the addon pack. (see the BAS_DeltaCodes.txt for info on how to use these units - they use the setobjecttexture function).

During the development of this addon we relied on the input of many "real life" operators. Active serving members in the military and some Rangers. The addons you will see in game are the product of meticulous research and a commitment to quality by the BAS Team.

Every single member of BAS had input into this addon. The team has worked tirelessly to bring what we hope is one of the best addons out in the community. Personally, I (Tigershark) would like to thank them all for their persistence, belief in the end product and commitment to quality and craftmanship.

Big thank you goes to Frandsen..who joined up...started the inital models and then left for the Army....good luck Frandsen.

Enjoy the addon from the BAS Team!

go to Ballistic Addon Studios and grab it...

Jonstyle

Re:BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2003, 19:18:46 »
Finally!!  Now we need mirrors, or downloading from the BAS site is gonna get reeal slow :P

Vyper

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2003, 19:44:26 »
mmmmmm downloading now....damn my 56k modem! DAMN IT TO HELL!!!!!!

Vyper

barcode6

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2003, 19:54:56 »
I've only had a chance to take a quick peek, and now I have to go out... :'(.  These are amazing troops,  good job BAS.  Thanks especially for all the info in the deltacodes.txt file!  That will save some time when making missions for these bad boys.  I like the idea of the high dispersion AK too, that was a great idea.

Thanks again for all your hard work BAS!

Edit:  Quick question regarding realisim in missions:  Do Deltas and Rangers airdrop at all, or is it more realistic to have them fly in a helo?
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2003, 20:05:21 by barcode6 »

SilentEcho

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2003, 20:15:54 »
Really outstanding work fellas, and i only have 1 question.  Do any of the units have the socom, or was that not included in this pack? Thanks again for all your hard work.

echo

Offline eisa01

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2003, 20:22:43 »
WOW  :o that is quality!!! and the demo missions  :o :o

Skaven

« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2003, 20:30:17 »
We didn't include the Socom for one reason only, we concluded that usely neither the Delta nor the Rangers  wear that weapon. Normally the wear a Beretta or a Glock  ;)

Bronski

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2003, 20:37:15 »
I am dl'ing them now but i can say already say that they will be great just from the quality of the other addons you have made.

Can't wait to see them in game.

Chomps

« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2003, 21:05:51 »
Best

addon

ever.

:o

Well, at least in my opinion.  Seriously, I have not even seen all the weapons and units yet, and well it was definitely worth the wait.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2003, 21:19:00 »
"I thought I heard a Noise out Here" said Capt. Steele with a touch of Joy
"I heard You Boys Needed a lift" Replied Col. Mcknight with his steady "what Bullets?" type cool

My Boys Send Thanks for the relief  ;D

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2003, 22:48:43 »
These have got to be the best modern troop addon's to date...bar none...I've been playing around with em for almost an hour...great job BAS!!..looking forward to the MH-60's.....

Aculaud

« Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2003, 23:55:59 »
I would have to say, based on my experience, on the whole, this has got to be the most well put together addon pack the community has seen ever.

I am especially pleased with the M24 sniper weapon system. Honestly, this thing should have been the official base sniper rifle for the western units from the begining. Its realistic enough to be fun and playable enough to actually work with the game.

Congrats, BAS, you have reinvented OFP. I'll be playing with these things until OFP loses my interest.

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #12 on: 17 Feb 2003, 00:26:18 »
 :) :D ;D
GREAT GREAT GREAT
the fucking long crap waiting was justified

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2003, 00:30:00 »
WOW!!! is all i can say. Great job guys. now all i have to do is download the missions!!

mb4329

« Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2003, 00:32:32 »
First your Delta/Rangers add-on is great.  BAS always seems to set the bar for all other add-ons to be measured against.

Quick question.  I downloaded the Ranger demo missions and was looking at the ranger raiders readme.txt and noticed one of the reqs was Bas_MH6185.pbo.  I downloaded the A/MH6 add-on and could only find the bas_lbs185.pbo.  Tried to rename the Bas_lbs185.pbo but it didn't help.  Is there somewhere else I should be looking for the Bas_MH6185.pbo?  The reason I ask is that, after the Ranger Raider mission intro, OFP crashes to the desktop.  Figure that the pbo is the most likely culprit.

If there is somewhere else I should be directing this question please let me know.  Once again great work.

Thanks,
Merrick