Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!  (Read 23704 times)

DeadMeatXM2

Re:BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!
« Reply #150 on: 06 Mar 2003, 23:38:42 »
well... that would be telling wouldn't it ;)

(You'll have to wait and see...)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #151 on: 06 Mar 2003, 23:45:32 »
Wow,  :D but sounds like it'll be something I'll have trouble getting to work properly  :-\

Eviscerator

« Reply #152 on: 06 Mar 2003, 23:51:40 »
Wow,  :D but sounds like it'll be something I'll have trouble getting to work properly  :-\

Our scripts are inbuilt in the addon, nothing needs doing to make them work, unless you want to turn them off.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #153 on: 06 Mar 2003, 23:56:44 »
Evis, this is gonna be cool, ur addons with Cats afghan map D:D:D:D:

The_Dude

« Reply #154 on: 07 Mar 2003, 01:56:06 »
Since you can build a script into an addon, could it be possible to put an airstrike or arty script into the radio for the deltas and rangers?  So that if you're near the radio man you have the action to call in a strike  

(I noticed that in the airstrike/napalm airstrike (not sure on the maker) if you put the script thing in the init field of a npc and go near him you can use the script, so it could work.....maybe.....)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #155 on: 07 Mar 2003, 22:55:14 »
that would be a good Idea! But may take some doing...  :-\

@ The_Dude, my dog's name is Dude  ;D

pang

« Reply #156 on: 09 Mar 2003, 13:48:04 »
once again to the mh60l:
you guys have to include this cool cartidge case effect (like seen on the comanche 1.1) on the mh60Â's minigun.

thatÂ'd increase the accuracy of the addon big time  ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #157 on: 10 Mar 2003, 02:10:14 »
And The Lag too More than likely  :D  :-\

Eviscerator

« Reply #158 on: 10 Mar 2003, 08:50:23 »
once again to the mh60l:
you guys have to include this cool cartidge case effect (like seen on the comanche 1.1) on the mh60Â's minigun.

thatÂ'd increase the accuracy of the addon big time  ;)

Actually when the M134 is mounted internally (MH-60/47) it normally has a chute to catch the ejected shell casings, although on the AH-6 they do fall to the ground...

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #159 on: 10 Mar 2003, 11:56:38 »
I thought they have a "tube" through which the shells fall from the gun to the ground (it's the yellow "tube" like on your MH-47 and on the early screenshots of your MH-60L)

The minigun's produce so many shells that during the vietnam war there was a guy assigned to remove the shells from the aircraft with a coal shovel (this was on the early dakota gunships). And this guy had to work HARD
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2003, 11:59:40 by Cpt. FrostBite »

Eviscerator

« Reply #160 on: 10 Mar 2003, 12:16:12 »
I thought they have a "tube" through which the shells fall from the gun to the ground (it's the yellow "tube" like on your MH-47 and on the early screenshots of your MH-60L)

The minigun's produce so many shells that during the vietnam war there was a guy assigned to remove the shells from the aircraft with a coal shovel (this was on the early dakota gunships). And this guy had to work HARD

Having the shells fall out the end of the tube would create an enourmous amount of lag, think 10 polys per shell, and 100 shells a second, also for very little effect...dont worry we have a lot more features in the works that will more than compensate for not having this on the chopper...

pang

« Reply #161 on: 10 Mar 2003, 15:28:17 »
dunno if this would lag the game. the bullet shells on the comanche work fine for my system (xp 2200+  :P)
an option would be:
having the effect switched off, but have an init command like "fx_bullet_shells = true" or something

anyways, i was just daydreaming about some eye candy on the mh60. iÂ'm sure itÂ'll give us a blast - with or without this effect  :)

Chomps

« Reply #162 on: 11 Mar 2003, 03:55:38 »
Having the shells fall out the end of the tube would create an enourmous amount of lag, think 10 polys per shell, and 100 shells a second, also for very little effect...dont worry we have a lot more features in the works that will more than compensate for not having this on the chopper...

I think the addon he was refering to uses a simple sprite (is that the proper term for it?) rather than 3d models of shells.  If you rotate around while you fire the cannon, you should notice that the casing is always sideways to your view.  Each sprite I believe has a picture of a couple shells at a time, so it should not cause too much lag.  It may look better if each sprite had a picture of a couple shells from various angles or something oh dear I have forgot what I am typing about....

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #163 on: 11 Mar 2003, 15:16:34 »
Ok lads (and Lasses) gone WAY off topic now.. so I'm gonna put a lid on this one...