Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!  (Read 23709 times)

UK_SKA_RULES

Re:BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!
« Reply #60 on: 18 Feb 2003, 19:16:06 »
I think i have the same prob like PunkerSXDX !
the armpatches for the RANGERS doesn't work!

Plz help BAS-Guys  !! ???

The arm patched dont go on the rangers.  They go on Soldier and Des Soldier.  But they are VERY blurry.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #61 on: 18 Feb 2003, 22:11:11 »
Awesome pack!! Some thing need to be fixed, though (see previous posts, I agree with them).

This links shows you a pic of 10thmt in afghanistan. See the soldier right soldier; he comes very close to the model made by BAS (great work BAS!)

http://www4.aixgaming.com/opend/10th_Mountain_Division/d_mtn05

However, one thing really bothers me. In one of my posts in the other topic about bas delta's rangers I requested for a machinegunner model, diffirent from the standerd ranger/delta model. One with (2) large magpouches for his 200round SAW ammo box. See the left soldier on the pic from 10thmt. A SAW-gunner with m16 mag pouches looks really stupid, unless you load the SAW with m16 mags (which is possible!). I really hope you can change this in an updated version of the pack. It would make it more realstic.

Eviscerator

« Reply #62 on: 18 Feb 2003, 23:43:52 »
A SAW-gunner with m16 mag pouches looks really stupid, unless you load the SAW with m16 mags (which is possible!)

Actually thats not possible with the SAW variant armed on the machinegunners, anyhoo, adding a new model for every type of soldier would greatly increase the download size, it also isnt that much of a problem, the same with many of the bugs mentioned earlier, they are very minor, we know of the bugs now but there will not be a rushed fix as they can wait, there will be an update with new weapons and the bugs fixed in a few weeks, so please try not to repeat bugs if you've seen them mentioned earlier in the thread or in the readme, after a while as im sure you can understand it gets kinda depressing after all the hard work (Not aimed at Cpt FrostBite)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #63 on: 18 Feb 2003, 23:57:33 »
Take your sweet time guys you earned it! :thumbsup:  :toocool:

and for thoes of you with the SEB Nam Pack check this out!  ;D
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2003, 00:04:37 by PunkerSXDX »

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #64 on: 19 Feb 2003, 04:24:28 »
one thing you can play with is the flags in the BIS flag pack, try adding them to the deltas ;)

STT

Orion8th

« Reply #65 on: 19 Feb 2003, 08:40:09 »
Bugs or no bugs.

This is one of the most detailed and well done models for the entire game since release. Being a somewhat closet modder myself, I could not imagine the time and research that was spent getting as far as they did, which IMO is pretty darn close to the real thing.

I say bravo guys. I personally do not need to see a patch for these models anytime soon.

Well done BAS team! :)

Orion8th

Skaven

« Reply #66 on: 19 Feb 2003, 09:21:23 »
Time  ;D More or less two/three months  ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #67 on: 19 Feb 2003, 09:53:31 »
Great job guys!    :D

It was kinda like Christmas starting up OFP and running around with those Rangers and Deltas!!   ;D  

I love what you've done and have a lot of respect for your skills.  The weapons look fantastic and the details on the units is hands down the best I've personally seen.   8)  

:thumbsup:  

TO you guys!   ;D  

Asmo

P.S>  I'm using them in a mission of mine... (City of the Dead) They work perfectly!  (Gotta take out all of the backup that was in the mission though... These guys can hold their own!)   ;)   ;D

Skaven

« Reply #68 on: 19 Feb 2003, 10:55:14 »
Asmo you have a mission using our boys  ???
send it to me, send it to me  ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #69 on: 19 Feb 2003, 13:45:12 »
Yep, here's the mission in the wonderful BETA testing board:  (You all need to go there and help all the mission makers out there!)   ;)

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=6527;start=%200#lastPost

I hope the mission comes close to doing justice to the addons.   ;)   ;D  

Asmo

P.S>  By "You all" I mean of course, the OFP community..   ;)  (I'm tired.. am I making any sense?)   ::)  
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2003, 13:47:04 by Asmodeus »

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #70 on: 19 Feb 2003, 14:30:58 »
Actually thats not possible with the SAW variant armed on the machinegunners, anyhoo, adding a new model for every type of soldier would greatly increase the download size, it also isnt that much of a problem, the same with many of the bugs mentioned earlier, they are very minor, we know of the bugs now but there will not be a rushed fix as they can wait, there will be an update with new weapons and the bugs fixed in a few weeks, so please try not to repeat bugs if you've seen them mentioned earlier in the thread or in the readme, after a while as im sure you can understand it gets kinda depressing after all the hard work (Not aimed at Cpt FrostBite)

hey relax, no offence taken >:( :gunman: :beat: ;D
And I didn't mean models for ALL soldiers, just for the sawgunner. I don't expect you to change this right now, but if you would have some spare time (yes, I know you don't have too much time) you could do it someday. BUT; As you said; it's a minor thing, (and I wouldn't really mind if you don't change it at all) but it would be nice.

To all people; don't get me wrong; I DO love the pack, and I don't mean to kill them after all they've done, just because of a misplaced pixel in the dark area on the bottom of the boots on the delta sniper model(or something like that ;)). What I post is meant as a suggestion and not as I-know-how-it-is-supposed-to-be-and-BAS-got-it-all-wrong. Well.. this should limit the number of threats I'll recieve. ;D

Commando

« Reply #71 on: 19 Feb 2003, 19:42:47 »
But its a big bug i think i found  :( I can't start any of your *** demo missions at all because of that missing addon :P
this is serious! :'(

Eviscerator

« Reply #72 on: 19 Feb 2003, 19:58:39 »
read the readme for the missions:

ADDONS REQUIRED
===============
* Operation Flashpoint: Resistance v1.90+

* Ballistic Woodland Rangers (BAS_DeRaW.pbo)
* Ballistic Weapons Pack (Bas_Weap.pbo)

* Ballistic MH6 LittleBird Pack (Bas_MH6.pbo, Bas_MH6185.pbo, Bas_soar.pbo, Bas_soar185.pbo )

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #73 on: 19 Feb 2003, 20:52:00 »
love the missions althought i can play them i et no intro on the delta misisons :/ as it tells me i dont have the mh6 addon althought i just re-downloaded them, also a suggestion could you make a few missions where you are one of the troops instead of the team leader.

btw AMAZING units and weapons.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #74 on: 19 Feb 2003, 22:00:47 »
yes, Eviscerator, very nice but I (and I think all the people that can't get the mission to work) have the BAS_lbs.pbo and BAS_lbs185.pbo, NOT the BAS_mh6.pbo. This has been mentioned before, but you haven't given us an answer.

Now, before I start downloading the whole thing for nothing (with my **** 56k modem); Does the version on your site contain the BAS_MH6.pbo or the BAS_lbs.pbo, and what's the difference???