Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!  (Read 23732 times)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

Re:BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!
« Reply #120 on: 01 Mar 2003, 03:45:03 »
OK, I found a pretty major bug.  The units are invisible through the windows of gubas house.  I places one outside, I went inside and looked out of the window, I couldnt see him.  This has happened with the Woodland Ranger and the Desert Delta.  It probably happens with the other units and through other windows but i havent had time to experiment.

Im sorry if its been mentioned, but i quickly searched the whole thread for the words 'Invisible' and 'Window'.

Done.
I think and I am sure that is not a bug in the delta & ranger pack that must be the bug in the game self  ;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #121 on: 01 Mar 2003, 08:46:51 »
Actualy I think it's a Pre Resistance thing since Kolgujev was made Pre Resistance, and there is a issue with windows, actually I think that may be a Engine, on the O2 board someone mentioned that  :-\

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #122 on: 01 Mar 2003, 21:17:11 »
I think and I am sure that is not a bug in the delta & ranger pack that must be the bug in the game self  ;)

Like i said, I didnt have time to experiment.

Done

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #123 on: 01 Mar 2003, 21:46:53 »
its all to do with Z-Buffering, and as some people have pointed out, its a game engine bug...

As a lot of addon makers will see, if you place alpha channel over a solid object it can often disapear... this is simply a game engine bug, and there is nothing we  can do about it  :(

Wires

« Reply #124 on: 02 Mar 2003, 01:09:51 »
You'll also notice this bug if you look at a solid object though a muzzle flash at the edges things can disappear  :-\ Nothing to do with BAS just the engine as DeadMeatXM2 said.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #125 on: 02 Mar 2003, 07:41:11 »
and sometimes the eyeglass Proxys do weird things too  :D and Taiwan Workshop's SAW pack, all strange things

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #126 on: 03 Mar 2003, 12:28:23 »
little updat on a crahed blackhawk, check it out;

http://robbo.breezeland.com/pmaddon.htm

It didn't make it. all credit goes to 'P MACHINE ADDON STUDIOS'.

To BAS;
Maybe a great to change textures and model a bit so it resembles your model

Fiendish

« Reply #127 on: 03 Mar 2003, 14:38:05 »
One question about the rangers.. What can be done with the radio?

Can you use it for something or is it just eyecandy?

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #128 on: 03 Mar 2003, 15:07:41 »
1 question about the sniper rifles you can't zoom in or zoom out are these sniper guns that way or is it a bug ???

Heners_UK

« Reply #129 on: 03 Mar 2003, 16:52:26 »
You know the campaign Nagul made for this addon on 24th Feb? The link on BAS' page is down. Anyone got a mirror?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #130 on: 03 Mar 2003, 17:30:13 »
@Fiendish: The radio is there mainly for eye candy, but with some clever scripting it can be made to function, and call in evacs and CAS...

@BoNeCoLLeCToR: This is a fixed power scope, so you cant zoom with it (not a bug in other words)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #131 on: 03 Mar 2003, 19:19:26 »
@Fiendish: The radio is there mainly for eye candy, but with some clever scripting it can be made to function, and call in evacs and CAS...

@BoNeCoLLeCToR: This is a fixed power scope, so you cant zoom with it (not a bug in other words)
Ok thx for info m8 cause I was not sure you guys are getting info from reall experts so you must know better I only thought I ask them asking can't hurt  ;)
But it is now empty without a MH-60L  ;D
And Seals how is that going can you give some info what weapons what vehicles would be there in the pack  ???
p.s:Don't get mad I dont ask for pictures only some words from you guys at the BAS well actually a pic would also do the words you know they say 1 picture tells 1000 words ::)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #132 on: 03 Mar 2003, 20:15:22 »
They also say Patience is a virtue...

seriously tho... a few weeks and you guys will be up to your ears in addons...

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #133 on: 03 Mar 2003, 22:38:40 »
yeah, promises.  Sorry deadmeat, but after what you guy's did with your previous addon I'm a little sceptical (It was worth the waiting, though)

Have you looked at that crashed blackhawk? (my previous post)

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #134 on: 03 Mar 2003, 22:41:26 »
They also say Patience is a virtue...

I'm an atheist, I don't read the bible. I believe in myself and that's it