Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!  (Read 23708 times)

Eviscerator

Re:BAS Deltas and Rangers Released!
« Reply #75 on: 19 Feb 2003, 22:42:57 »
I have only BAS_lbs.pbo and BAS_lbs185.pbo in there and it works fine for me, it was probably just a typo by nagual

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #76 on: 19 Feb 2003, 23:25:00 »
Ever since i got the pack I have done nothing but play with it. It rocks. I read the headlines at the BAS site and all I can say is that i would help you if I could.

Navy Captain

« Reply #77 on: 19 Feb 2003, 23:46:22 »
What I don't understand is Y are the goggles tinted yellow? On the BAS screenies, they are clear and nit tinted at all? http://www.concept-5.com/ballistic/images/Eviscerator/WallpaperWoodland.jpg

Skaven

« Reply #78 on: 20 Feb 2003, 00:18:05 »
 ;D Well, that's becasue the pics where taken from a beta version, we've been updating them ever since  ;D

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #79 on: 20 Feb 2003, 00:36:19 »
Skavy, my man - a sloppy kiss to YOU!  :-* good work, son!   :)

;D

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #80 on: 20 Feb 2003, 05:25:23 »
I like the tinted yellow goggles, in real life they would help a great deal like how skiiers use tinted goggles to prtect them from the glare, my Dad's goggles were clear but he's an officerin the reserves and probly wouldn't have the top of the line goggles  ;D

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #81 on: 20 Feb 2003, 06:26:36 »
sup al I was wondering if there was any word on the new cargo "stances" for the little bird...they look really good and wondering if the update was soon or far.....thanks in advance...

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #82 on: 20 Feb 2003, 09:53:26 »
Hey, I just saw the pics of the Mk23 SOCOM. It looks really cool, and the detail is f*****g amazing! You can even see the markings clearly, I look forward to firing it. Hehe!

loukas

« Reply #83 on: 22 Feb 2003, 23:38:00 »
  Ok I got resistance just for this addon. It was worth it. I just wonder if its possible to change the m4 firing effects. It sounds a bit unrealistic. The new updated firing sound for the orginal game's m16/mx sounds very realistic. As it is now, I just don't want to use the m4's with this pack because I feel liked im firing a cap gun. Other than that I have no complaints at all.

Do you guys plan to add more weapons common among the delta operators? Maybe another assault rifle that isn't 5.56mm. Im sure the delta guys know how easily that round's trajectory can be thrown off even by twigs and brush. What other types of weapons do they use in forest/bush type areas?

Also, do they really prefer the 9mm pistols? The glock I can understand because of its reliability and adaptability. Currently our troops in Afghanistan are reporting that their Berettas are complete junk. They are also reporting that it can take 3+ shots to take these fanatics down - 1. They are fighting a "jihad" and just get back up firing, 2. The 5.56 round goes way to fast to preform the "tumble" inside the body that it was designed for, 3. The shorter m4 barrel.

What is delta doing about these problems? I don't expect you to know, but its food for thought for the next release.

Great job!

PV

« Reply #84 on: 23 Feb 2003, 04:49:24 »
I've only seen clear and smoked goggles.  I havent seen any yellows.  I guess its artistic liberty.  8)

Navy Captain

« Reply #85 on: 23 Feb 2003, 07:01:26 »
PV any update on your USAF skined C-130?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #86 on: 23 Feb 2003, 10:32:51 »
sup al I was wondering if there was any word on the new cargo "stances" for the little bird...they look really good and wondering if the update was soon or far.....thanks in advance...

Soon...

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #87 on: 23 Feb 2003, 20:14:58 »
I donno I kinda like the sound, mainly cause I have a really slow computer and if the sound is too long It'll be cut off when it's on fullauto and all I hear is poping, even with FlipeR's M4s it cuts off, but he got the sounds from Ghost Recon

Drewb99

« Reply #88 on: 23 Feb 2003, 22:15:35 »
The soldiers are superb quality, but there's a few hiccups with the weapons.  The M24's stock seems a little too blocky and all the weapons have a little too much texture stretching and look a bit bad in first person view.  The M24 also fires at superhuman speed, you can fire another round off even if the bolt hasn't been manipulated yet.  The M249 and M4 both sound off as well, and a new sound for the M14 would be nice.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #89 on: 24 Feb 2003, 03:51:49 »
ok i finally figured out something that would be cool
the medics, theres no way to tell them apart from except for having the mouse corsor on em
well what about making a backpack similar in the way the radio works so u can tell the diference between the medics and the rest of the squad it get anoying gettin shot then looking for a medic (espically when theres 24 or sumthing other rangers like on the demo mission)
and are u doing any SOV's for the rangers
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2003, 03:53:03 by registered_fugitiv »