Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS MH47 released  (Read 16276 times)

Offline kikill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
BAS MH47 released
« on: 02 Jan 2003, 18:42:32 »
party people, great news, BAS finally released their MH47. It has a few inconvenience but they plan to correct it and release another version soon! go grab it!!

screamingeagle_101

Re:BAS MH47 released
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2003, 20:29:18 »
The MH47 is great. But what is the cargo version?

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2003, 20:35:59 »
The MH47 is great. But what is the cargo version?

Try reading the read me!

with the cargo version i have found you can still get in the back as cargo, problem is the seats r up and u just float there? think ya should remove the cargo positions in the back for the cargo version, or maybe lower a few seats so ppl just dont hover and also leaves room for jeeps ect

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2003, 21:47:11 »
some issues i need to tell BAS

- Handling of chook with mouse - totally diabolical, i can hardly turn the thing.

- Cargo chook - i cant seem to drive jeeps in, they just get stuck in the doorway - tried it with the kawasaki, same problem

- Minigun - cant see it in 'V' mode - and it has hardly any movement vertically, cant shoot for shit below me, and its nice to be able to see down the barrel of the weapon.

Questions

- What is the command to lower the ramp - as in the sythax so i can make ai do it.

- Are folding rotors possible? im pretty sure they are foldable in RL (deff for the LB) and i was wondering if it is possible to implement this? althoygh would look dumb if they are folded and the engine is switched on.

love the model - is freaking amazing. probally one of the most interesting and wee detailed models. Good Job.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #4 on: 02 Jan 2003, 21:52:38 »
I think messiah has covered what i was gonna ask, hopefully will all be fixed in version 1.1, but on the whole its a great chopper.

Was i dreaming or did i see on the news once SOAR MH47 operating in Afghanistan with a minigun on the back of the ramp?
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2003, 21:53:17 by Monkey Lib Front »

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jan 2003, 22:34:28 »
Hi people.. fist of all I would like to thank BAS for this superb chopper it is fantastic however nobody is perfect.. so there are a few things i like to mention.

1. I was thinking about the air to air refuel tube made so it can be controled by the action menu like the ramp is so it dosnt get in the way so when we RSF fly in close formation it dont get in the way  ;) ;D but also when ya trying to do a fast insertion into a small area so it dosnt get in the way......
2. if you are playing by the keyboard and you are trying to do a turn it takes to long as i think it has been mentioned

apart from that the choppa in my eyes is excellent and can not wait for further releases by BAS and deadmeats BAS pavehawk etc etc etc

p.s its good to have a guy like deadmeat in ya clan  ;D

Mr.ThunderMakeR

« Reply #6 on: 02 Jan 2003, 23:19:12 »
Yeah this thing friggin kicks ass, thanks for releasing it.......finally ;D

Like everyone else said it is near perfection and the detail is awesome.  The only small thing i noticed, that hasnt been mentioned, is that when you target it or tell ai to board it its listed as a CH-47D.

Cant wait for the Marine helos, an inside source told me you would be devoting most of your efforts to those now :D
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2003, 23:19:41 by Mr.ThunderMakeR »

Britboy

« Reply #7 on: 02 Jan 2003, 23:34:04 »
Same as the rest + when I changed the CH-47 in one of my missions to a MH-47 it decided to circle the landing point around 15 times before deciding to land.

Nagual

« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2003, 00:49:46 »
Messiah:

this animate ["backramp", 0] - close ramp

this animate ["backramp", 1] - open ramp

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #9 on: 03 Jan 2003, 00:55:20 »
ok, answers for you:

- Handling of chook with mouse - totally diabolical, i can hardly turn the thing.

all i can say is  :-[ sorry, i, and all the team members have been testing the helo with a joystick, so many apologies there...

- Cargo chook - i cant seem to drive jeeps in, they just get stuck in the doorway - tried it with the kawasaki, same problem

urm... that seems to be a version problem - what version of ofp are you running, it works fine on 1.91, but not on 1.90...

- Minigun - cant see it in 'V' mode - and it has hardly any movement vertically, cant shoot for sh*t below me, and its nice to be able to see down the barrel of the weapon

the aiming needs to be looked at...

- Are folding rotors possible? im pretty sure they are foldable in RL (deff for the LB) and i was wondering if it is possible to implement this? althoygh would look dumb if they are folded and the engine is switched on.

probably, but why bother? yes it looks good for cutscenes, but it is a bit of "pointless eyecandy"...

1. I was thinking about the air to air refuel tube made so it can be controled by the action menu like the ramp is so it dosnt get in the way so when we RSF fly in close formation it dont get in the way    but also when ya trying to do a fast insertion into a small area so it dosnt get in the way......

you still drunk cplme? your not making much sense man, the fuelprobe is either there or not, it is removed on the ground, by engineers, so that would be a p3d change...

Same as the rest + when I changed the CH-47 in one of my missions to a MH-47 it decided to circle the landing point around 15 times before deciding to land.

hmmmm, this was an issue we though we had solved in beta testing.... what speed have you got the helo approaching the landing zone at?
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2003, 00:56:32 by DeadMeatXM2 »

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 03 Jan 2003, 00:57:45 »
ok so dont answer my question then lol, plus im using 1.91 and i cant get stuff in the back of it, also i can fly it fine with mouse and keyboard thats all i ever use, its a bit heavy yes but its flyable and what i expected with summit that big
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2003, 01:09:53 by KevBaz »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #11 on: 03 Jan 2003, 01:02:50 »
sorry kev, missed you out in the big flurry of quezzies...

urm.. the cargo vesion HAS NO CARGO proxies, and is set to "transportsoldier=0", hmmmm, will have to look at that too....

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #12 on: 03 Jan 2003, 01:41:54 »
Yea you can get in the back of the Helo and they just sit ther with back against the wall and no seats.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #13 on: 03 Jan 2003, 01:52:41 »
Hey, I'm DLing the MH47 as we speak, but ya'll say it needs 1.91 i only have 1.90 and I cant find 1.91 and for some reason I cant connect to the BIS site, can someon egive me a link?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #14 on: 03 Jan 2003, 02:29:44 »
i have version 1.90 - not getting 1.91 - is there any point?

i still have hell flying the chopper - its too unresponsive - fine, its heavy, but at least let it suit for ofp
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion