Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS MH47 released  (Read 16273 times)

SpclFrcsSnpr

Re:BAS MH47 released
« Reply #45 on: 05 Jan 2003, 09:18:51 »
Woopy I got it working. My O.pbo was meesed up. I found this out when I went to try and update to 1.90. And more good news I got that LSD to finally work!!! My O fole must have been screwed up 4 a while 8) But Its all good. I think you guys are great addon makers and so what for a few little probs. With everything comes probs like ofp you can only fire from 1 gun at a time. But keep up the great work guys!!!

Vyper

« Reply #46 on: 05 Jan 2003, 20:41:17 »
That back ramp thing is damn amzing!

They just run up there under fire....i managed to make a beautifull moment

My team ran onto the chinook, troops coming from the south as the bird pointed north so i put slow walk (aim mode) on and just walked foward from the cockpit picking the enemy off as the bird lifted off........ofcourse as soon as i stopped moving i fell to my death, but still!

Vyper

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #47 on: 06 Jan 2003, 05:06:49 »
Ahh, the nagging bi**ch woke up in me. I didn't wan't it to happen but what can I...  ::)

Is the altitude-meter-fixing script Deadmeat mentioned gona be in the addon or wha huh? I'd be apalled if the user had to do something... I'm thinking ofcourse from the scripters point of view. I was fiddling with the usual helo insertion, and stumbled on the height of this monster, it being ~ -1.1 when it was 47 with the BIS chinook at the start. That's pretty hard to come by, I did, but it doubled the work.

I'd leave the whole cargo version out ofcourse, if it's not usable in -->OFP  ;D then what the hell is it here for?!

Have to confess the quality is suberb otherwise. I love to make its arse scratch the surface on landings... and make it land without turning or missing WPs
* MI_Fred coughs ... /me coughs some more ... /me gets a heart attack[/size]
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #48 on: 06 Jan 2003, 12:07:46 »
hey i finaly downloaded this beast and well its so awesome cant wait to be able to run round in it proply but when i was playin wit it i pressed the del key to give squad commands and i move the corsor across da MH-47 and it said CH-47D maybe u guys should fix this

but awesome job as ussual fellaz

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #49 on: 06 Jan 2003, 13:09:18 »
@Mi_fred I am appauled at you for being so naggy deadmeat is in my clan one of the Joint commanding officers along with me and kooky and he misses training sometimes cos he so busy all the time working on the choppers for BAS so dont be apauled I am sure the BAS team are doing all their best to fufill your dreams in OFP ;D
Just remember the work they do comes out their owntime the stuff they have to pay for (website) which aint cheap comes out of their own money so please be patient while the BAS team are doing they harderst as I know thru deadmeat. Deadmeat can not be nagged at for reasons like that.

BTW the thing with the altiude meter is not  BAS bug as it does it with the Seb NAM choppers aswell it's to do with the opening doors.
Also if you would of read all the posts on this topic it was mentioned a few times already.
 :)

Cplme

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #50 on: 06 Jan 2003, 17:08:56 »
lol - BAS didnt pay for the website - see, Tigershark lives in Japan and he had set up a website descibing life in Tokyo and places to go...

www.concept-5.com

so, to add ballistics hasnt cost him any money - unless he went overbudget on the bandwidth

and for you oldies out there (me at least) the original original forum (before this one and before the one before that) was hosted on his site - this is when the community was 300 people... aaah, those were the days.

good luck BAS - and TS, how did my model go? did it work in O2 ok?
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #51 on: 06 Jan 2003, 18:24:33 »
lol messy...

anyhow - we have been getting a lot of mails about the getpos/setpos issues with the MH-47, the way to solve this is to get the height data from the pilot, that way you can play around with scripts all you like.

here is a little example of how to do it:

(GetPos driver this select 0)

(SetPos driver this select 0)+/- whatever you want...

We may contact the authors of the best scripts and ask them if we can include modified versions in the mh-47 pbo...

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #52 on: 06 Jan 2003, 21:51:32 »
anyhow - we have been getting a lot of mails

not to mention emails from people wanting to have their children (get mine yet  ;D ) and of course the bleedin annoying ones which go:

when is the new version released?

can't wait for the new version (if you couldnt tell yet) - looking forward to being able to fly it  ::)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #53 on: 06 Jan 2003, 22:03:56 »
lol Messy... "Down Boy!"

it should be out this weekend...

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #54 on: 06 Jan 2003, 22:06:00 »
BTW the thing with the altiude meter is not  BAS bug as it does it with the Seb NAM choppers aswell it's to do with the opening doors.
Also if you would of read all the posts on this topic it was mentioned a few times already.

Nah bare with me Cplme.
Oh, also the seb ones. Alright it's not a biggie since it can be avoided with extra work. And I did read the previous posts for once, but didn't think they articulated the scripters point of view. If the doors and such are worth the extra work from the maker as they sure are great, why not tolerate some extra scripting.

DeadMeat, I did try it that way, didn't seem to work... I just move a gamelogic along set at (the helo's supposed height ) + the helo's initial height, which is it's true position. It's still very inconvenient.

* MI_Fred shuts the nagging channel.  :-X
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

weedmasta

« Reply #55 on: 07 Jan 2003, 04:33:43 »
How about trying to make jeeps and motorbikes mount the chopper?

KamikazePilot

« Reply #56 on: 07 Jan 2003, 05:31:29 »
Can i get a link to the download plz.....sorry im short on time...thanks

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: 07 Jan 2003, 12:45:28 »
Going back onto the manouverabiltiy of the chopper... do most of you play by keyboard or Joystick? I bought my self a joystick for myself yesterday and when I got home decided to start playing  with it on various choppers and planes and since the MH was only resonality released i practise that and could perform a fast insertion at 56 knots.
So apart from the samm thigns i could find and have already been mentioned everything is fine.

Cplme

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #58 on: 07 Jan 2003, 13:17:26 »
i use the mouse - never use the keyboard unless im doing precision landings (autohover and use WASD and XC to manouver.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #59 on: 07 Jan 2003, 13:36:04 »
Well, I've been trying numerous joysticks - also the expensive ones - but for some reason, I never ever
got used to them.... mouse & keys are alot more challenging I think.

can't really explain why though?!  ??? :) guess it's a matter of habituation, or i dunno  :P