Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS MH47 released  (Read 16272 times)

NoRSu

Re:BAS MH47 released
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jan 2003, 02:34:28 »
Very nice I must say. Two small things bothers me though: there is no light flash for the searchlight (the bright white circle that appears when you put lights on), and M134 ammo belt's texture is a bit crappy when compared to other textures. Superb work nevertheless ;D.

And yes it's quite hard to fly with mouse only, but with keyboard+mouse combo it's quite easy to control :).

C598

« Reply #16 on: 03 Jan 2003, 04:08:18 »
About falling through a moving chopper, i've found out something neat.

While experimenting with setpos commands on a chopper with the special set to flying, I managed to get several units inside this MH47.
So you say: "So what? Anyone can do that."
Well, I have this tidbit:
I told the MH47 to go somewhere(Waypoint) and a ran forward toward the cockpit. I managed to stay on until it started to nose down a little to far, then I went through the cockpit and was standing on top of it.
It seems that when its moving, you slide towards the back and through a part of the model that isn't as "solid" as the cockpit area.

BTW, nice MH47.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #17 on: 03 Jan 2003, 04:21:46 »
Still can't find v1.91, I was under the Impression that you could Move around inside the MH47 with out scripts as it said in Tigershark's "stop the spam" speech on the BAS site, I'm having a very hard time with that. other than that it's very good, great model, textures, everything. good work, just ya know...  ;)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #18 on: 03 Jan 2003, 04:55:12 »
Just grabbed the monster & here's the feed'.

First off, though, a hint to mezzy & all other MOUSE (non-joystick) pilots out there:

---------------------------------------------

some issues i need to tell BAS

- Handling of chook with mouse - totally diabolical, i can hardly turn the thing....

==================

:o :D Mezzy, m'man, all ya need 2 do (when mouse steering a big 'bayard' like the MH-47E) is to
let go of the mouse and use the arrow-keys for hard turns!

Mouse-EXAMPLE :

Im going max speed - suddenly I need to make a quick turn, so whadda I do?  ???

I hold my (right hand) mouse still while hitting the LEFT arrow key to turn;
also, I hit the BACK arrow key (only a gentle touch) to brake faster while turning;

Then I press the FORWARD key when the turn is almost done + press the RIGHT arrow key
to get back in control of the big mama.

:o Sounds odd, but it sticks EVERYTIME  8) ;) :-*

The default CH-47D is handled the same way, neah probby there, m8  :)

No need to alter the steering for this birdie, bassyboys!

========================

Right. My own feedback then:

uuuum, its a fantastic chopper - no bugs found (except p'haps for the "missing" gunner optics).
Like said above: maybe the gunner should have a  view closer down to the barrel?!

Apart from this, no bugs in my tests so far.  8)

Sweat on, bas - we love it.

Tombster

Loki

« Reply #19 on: 03 Jan 2003, 05:35:25 »
in the non-cargo version, you should be able to run inside and then have an action toi select that will let you sit in the cargo area. this would be a good quick way to simulate an extraction, by having the team run inthe back while covering fire, then while in the cover of the helo, sit down by selecting "get in MH47 ride in back" and then have it take off. As is, you can only get in the thing by standing outside on the starboard sideand trying to find the sweet spot

Cedaie

« Reply #20 on: 03 Jan 2003, 05:44:36 »
The Trick to staying in the chopper when it's in the air without falling through is to keep moving around in it, dont stand still. Walk, run, kneel, just keep moving. Therefore keeping you inside the chopper, same rule applies for vehicles. As for staying in it while its flying around crazy...thats yet to be discovered ;)

Also, Jeeps and bikes can get past that little problem up the ramp, by simply closing the ramp when you have driven the vehicle up as far as it can go, the ramp will push the rest in for you.

Yet, awesome Addon, BAS. Very good work  ;D
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2003, 05:59:47 by Cedaie »

Offline Viking

• Members
  • NORSOF
« Reply #21 on: 03 Jan 2003, 12:39:36 »
Hi!

One issue regarding the MH-47's:

When I try loading it in the editor, the game just crashes!!!!
PLEASE! Does anyone know what is the matter?
I run 1.85.

Viking
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2003, 12:39:59 by Viking »
VIKING
Modeller/Skinner/Coder
NORFOR

pang

« Reply #22 on: 03 Jan 2003, 14:16:31 »
great work BAS guys  :)

although there could be a little texture update and general finetunes on that minigun.
but i dont really mind that, its still a terrific addon anyways.

one more bug, iÂ've found: when you fly below 38 or something metres, the altitude- meter sometimes shows -1m or -2m.
oh and the windows wont break if the chopper takes damage.

anyways: thanks for spending so much time to give us such great addons, BAS team :)

-greetings pang
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2003, 14:49:18 by pang »

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #23 on: 03 Jan 2003, 14:49:09 »

1) Still can't find v1.91,

2) I was under the Impression that you could Move around inside the MH47 with out scripts...

====================

1) try:    www.flashpoint1985.com  ;) (look under downloads)
              if not there, then its because the patch is a BETA patch;
              then it's avaliable through the BIS forums I suppose.

But really, SCREW 1.91 - it's causes crashes (as mentioned above!)
              You don't need 1.91 to ride this bird. (im using it in 1.90 myself)

The MH-47E won't crash yer game - patch 1.91 might, though!!!  ::)

2.)      :) Only if its on ground or steady in air (auto-hoover or alike), as far as I know.

----------------------------------------------

P.S.  

uuuum, I forgot the ps. dayum!  >:( ::) ....

....oh yeah --- jeeps!  It seems the best jeep to use in cargo is the hummer;
this vehicle fills out the whole back of the MH-47E, so it wont start to shake etc.  8)

Offline Viking

• Members
  • NORSOF
« Reply #24 on: 03 Jan 2003, 15:10:52 »

The MH-47E won't crash yer game - patch 1.91 might, though!!!  ::)

Ermmm..... it does make the game crash(check my above post)

What could be the matter?

Viking
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2003, 15:11:16 by Viking »
VIKING
Modeller/Skinner/Coder
NORFOR

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #25 on: 03 Jan 2003, 15:14:55 »
well the Hummer isn't meant to go in the back of the MH-47, it doesn't fit in real life, and as you said, only just fits, with bits of the models overlapping ingame...

@Viking - it is probably the custom animations causing the problem, get patch 1.90 from the BIS site

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #26 on: 03 Jan 2003, 16:13:07 »
sorry - just re read my post - sounds harsh

the model is fantastic - very detailed and brilliant textures - brilliant eye candy - its just the actual handling that bothers me.

one point, the sound, AWESOME - the fact u can hear this puppy roaring from miles off is brilliant - i was once camping in the peak distict and, no joke, about 15 of these came right over head at low level - u cud here them coming for ages, didnt know what it was, but then they came and jeeeze it was loud. - drove after them and them and got to the old firing range the MOD has up there - we sat in my car watching these royal marines rapel out of 15 of these things - great sight.

Tomb - i can fly the normal chook fine with the mouse, so why should it be any diff with this one.

well done though - great addon.

also, jeep doesnt fit still - gets stuck - going to get 1.91 now to see if it works better.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Vyper

« Reply #27 on: 03 Jan 2003, 16:20:02 »
I noticed another wee buggy....

Theres some sort of sensor pod on the left hand side of the cockpit....When you look at this through the rotor blades it disapears randomly..

Also the textures on the cargo ramp are stretched (not actually the ramp....where the ramp covers when its upright....hard to explain

||   =  Ramp in closed posistion
|/   = Open

|/     its the bit on the righthand side of the left line...)

But part from these points and the ones mentioned, sublime! Truely sublime....

Whats the poly count btw? coz it tends to give lag when theres 2 or 3 in the same shot for me....could be my lame comp though

Vyper

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #28 on: 03 Jan 2003, 16:34:25 »
the poly count is up in the 4500, so it will lag (that is annother reason we have only released the addon for RES, as people with res often have more powerful comps)

I know which textures you mean Vyper, and they will be sorted in v1.1

Vyper

« Reply #29 on: 03 Jan 2003, 16:55:37 »
Nice, and the sensor pod issue?

Vyper