Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS MH47 released  (Read 16277 times)

Offline Arctic

• Members
  • In Utero
Re:BAS MH47 released
« Reply #30 on: 03 Jan 2003, 17:33:43 »
The MH-47 is really awesome. I'm still a little confused, however, at how to make the MH-47(Cargo) fly-off with the character in a vehicle.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #31 on: 03 Jan 2003, 18:08:09 »
If the cargo verion is only for Vehicles why can trrops board it then?

STO_blackbird

« Reply #32 on: 03 Jan 2003, 18:41:15 »
really like the bird ....but is anyone else getting the altimeter problem like me.

if i climb above 11 on the altimeter scale(dont know what they use for a scale..same on speed) the altitude markings either go to 0, -1 or it jumps back and forth.

pang

« Reply #33 on: 03 Jan 2003, 19:27:15 »
yep blackbird, got the same thing ...dont worry ;)

Snake

« Reply #34 on: 03 Jan 2003, 21:38:51 »
the alt meter thingy is because of the roadway set up thingy in the back of the MH-47E that lets u drive things inside of it and walk into it.....

Offline Arctic

• Members
  • In Utero
« Reply #35 on: 03 Jan 2003, 21:57:59 »
Lol, um, my last post sounds wierd. I know you can walk into the back of the MH-47 with the closeable/openable ramp. I just cant get the bird to recgnize that I am in and fly off.

Can someone explain?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #36 on: 03 Jan 2003, 22:37:08 »
That is a scripting issue, a script to solve this will be issued with v1.1 of the addon.

Chomps

« Reply #37 on: 04 Jan 2003, 00:15:06 »
Will the minigun aiming view issue be addressed in the new version as well?  (sorry if this was answered already)

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
« Reply #38 on: 04 Jan 2003, 01:21:08 »
Hi peeps me, deadmeat and kooky have been playing with the MH ion mp and its been ptreety good.. I know I am no moderator on these forums but give the man some air you are all jumping in with all these questions and most of em have already been mentioned so plz read thru the posts cos it makes his life easier I know deadmeat very well and he is very busy guy working hard to please all you guys along with the rest of the BAS team who do a fantastic job.. so give em chance and air..

p.s dont mean to sound harsh
p.s.s remember to read post b4 you start another

cplme :) ;)  

Mr_Shady

« Reply #39 on: 04 Jan 2003, 01:33:58 »
Well, all that sitting on the BAS site clicking refresh every twenty seconds finally worked for me, so I guess I'm just chuffed to be using all my pre-release excitement on using this beauty  :)

I've only noticed two slight problems with the MH, one of which I told Dead about personally (the winch housing struts projecting into the interior). The only thing I can complain about is the minigun aiming, but then again my missing every shot might have been cplme's crappy flying or my lack of air gunnery skills, since Dead managed to rack up a score sheet that looked like a tax invoice when he got his mitts on it  ;D

I thinks this is on a par, if not better than the A/MH-6J pack, and the faults people are bringing up are very minor, like textures or lack of the searchlight's "flash" (although to be honest I could swear that it had flash when we were beasting it around Nogova). I think that it handles much better than I expected, looking at the size of the monster. And the fact that cplme had the nose at 60 degrees to the ground circle-strafing over some stray UAZs this morning kind of proves that it'll do whatever the pilot asks of it. Plus it sounds the dog's dangly bits, i could hear it thwopping towards me when I was four and a half k's away!

Mr.ThunderMakeR

« Reply #40 on: 04 Jan 2003, 08:22:36 »
Well, all that sitting on the BAS site clicking refresh every twenty seconds

Haha, I know what youre talking about!

While I was playing around with the MH-47 I thought of two things:

1.  I remember the chinooks (maybe every chopper) used to be able to land in the water without being destroyed but BIS changed this.  Well it would be really cool if you could give back this ability to the MH-47.  Just imagine driving a zodiac boat into the back when you get that script of yours working.  I doubt you can do this anymore since its a probably game engine issue, but just thought Id mention it.

2.  I have always been a big fan of RonaldV's Chinook Rope Addon/Script but I found it doesnt work with your MH-47 :( (or the Nam pack chinook for that matter).  Think you guys could do an updated version of this script that works with your chopper please?  The script was very realistic (as good as you can do with OFPs engine i think) and one of the most crucial abilities of the chinook is being able to sling load stuff.

Well I just wanted to give you these two ideas, since noone else has mentioned them :)
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2003, 08:24:22 by Mr.ThunderMakeR »

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #41 on: 04 Jan 2003, 13:00:39 »
thanks for the support lads  :D

well Mr Thundermaker...

annother thing we did manage to do on our little mp jolly was to dunk this bird in the water! So with a little clever scripting it could be possible!

We will have to look into underslung loads, i expect that it will be a feature in further releases, as our main priorities are to get the bugs that are appernt atm fixed...

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #42 on: 04 Jan 2003, 19:13:26 »
ooh ooh

*puts hand in air*

could u add a sound for the back ramp? just isnt right the thing coming down and making no noise... cheers.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Vyper

« Reply #43 on: 04 Jan 2003, 23:47:42 »
Good thinking Batman

Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam - Random bored spam

Vyper

;D

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #44 on: 05 Jan 2003, 02:29:32 »
one thing i gotta congratulate u on - the back ramp - when its down and a group is ordered to get in via getin wp they actually run up the backramp, walk halfway into the chook and then get in - looks great.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion