Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Revive Script  (Read 18108 times)

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
Re: Revive Script
« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 2009, 15:27:18 »
Revive Script update (Version 0.2M)

Download
http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_02M.utes.rar (updated 230709)

Fixes
* Serialisation error that occurred when trying to respawn at a base which was occupied by enemy forces
* Optimisations in collecting spectatable units in the dead spectate cam script
* Possible fix for AI not reviving units - @Legislator, I may have finally found the bug that was causing this
* Fix for instant revive when using the alternate unconscious animations
* Fix for sending unconscious unit animation across the net when using alternate unconscious animations
* Fix for units rolling over while being dragged when using alternate animations

For long time users - just replace the revive_sqf in your mission folder with the one in the rar file.

EDIT: Updated 230709 to version 0.2L - contains zoomable top down camera (using mouse wheel), optimisations by Xeno and fixes to the dialogs by Lester

EDIT EDIT: Updated to 0.2M - fix for mobile spawn marker and blank screen when revive timer elapsed.

@hoz - sorry no fix for your bug yet mate as I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2009, 12:06:53 by norrin »

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #16 on: 12 Aug 2009, 01:57:58 »
Revive Script Update (version 0.2O)

Download
http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_02o.utes.rar
If you are using a version 0.2C or higher you can just replace the Revive_sqf subfolder in you mission with the one in the archive

Fixes
* Xeno's map dialog fix - thanks again mate :)
* Further optimisation to the scripts to reduce the number of instances of the scripts running on the server and the players PC when using with the AI disabled and in some instances AI-enabled.
* When the units were dead (not unconscious) in some instances they continued to call out and the revive and drag actions also appeared.
* Fixed placing of mobile respawn if option no revive selected at mission start-up
* If the CASEVAC object is a vehicle you will now need to load the unconscious unit on the vehicle in order to revive him NB: In the test mission both the HMMWV and the mobile MASH can be used for CASEVAC.
* Removed the code that reloaded the briefing following respawn as this feature is now included in patch 1.03.

Future Plans
I really want to get the current code as bug free as possible so I have a solid foundation before adding any new features

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 14 Aug 2009, 05:14:49 »
The freeflow cam controls don't seem to work in this latest version. I take that back, they seem to take a few secs to start working

Even in the o version we're still getting the issues with respawn_west issue.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2009, 05:34:17 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #18 on: 18 Aug 2009, 02:37:20 »
Revive 0.3 beta update

This is a beta for the new version.  Hopefully you won't notice any difference to the scripts but I've changed/simplified the way the scripts treat the unconscious body.  In the past I've created a new unit to represent the unconscious player, in this version the player's avatar is the unconscious unit.  This has only become possible with some of the new scripting commands introduced in ArmA2.  It will hopefully reduce the strain on the server (especially when multiple units die at the same time) and completely removes the possibility of respawning at respawn_west.    I've tried my best to test these changes comprehensively but please only use if you are willing to put up with any bugs the changes have introduced.  Also note that if you are playing with the AI enabled and JIP if the AI unit you are joining into is unconscious you will start out unconscious

Download
http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_03b.utes.rar If you are using revive 0.2C+ just copy the new revive_sqf and respawn_special to your mission directory (Updated 190809)

Fixes
* definition of medpacks, AI_help state etc for AI units
* stowing respawn tent action if you have been in water or over water
* smoke for AI units

Other changes
*Unconscious units by default only do the new unc animations, changing the _altUnc_animation setting now only changes the revive animation that the players perform.

@hoz - I'm hoping this will fix the respawn west issues mate

Note: will update first post in thread if I get feed back suggesting that all's OK.

EDIT:

Revive 0.3b beta update (190809)

Fixes
*Number of medpacks used for AI units  
*JIP respawn dialog now works correctly with mobile respawn and with the special respawn points eg chopper and LHD
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2009, 13:43:13 by norrin »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 19 Aug 2009, 21:46:01 »
The update seem to fix respawn west which was great. One thing we noticed was alot of west bodies sticking around after the fact. And of course the limit of 2 lives on JIP I mentioned last night.
Xbox Rocks

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #20 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:57:07 »
Vengeance over at the BIS forums posted this:
"This came from Xeno:
Edit: There's another bug in A2 1.03, dead AI units can't be deleted sometimes (only in MP) although the object refs get into my dead list array just fine,

I noticed in Revive sometimes Dead Units did not get deleted."

There is a possibility that if I remove all the dead units weapons first they delete fine (need to test this further) if not I may have to modify the code if its not fixed in the next patch.

Shark's mission uses an option so that JIP players only get 2 lives if they start the mission 30 seconds after the mission starts - is there a chance this is what you're seeing mate?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 20 Aug 2009, 04:33:13 »
This could be happening. Just to understand... any players joining the mission 30 seconds after it starts will only have 2 lives?
Xbox Rocks

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #22 on: 24 Aug 2009, 03:12:27 »
Revive 0.3 Beta Update (Version 0.3C)

Download
http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_03c.utes.rar
Just replace the revive_sqf folder in your mission directory

Fixes
* JIP errors
* Dead body removal - found the code error responsible for this
* Updated some global variables to new ArmA2 format
* Fixed unlimited revives when JIP revive function used
* Fixed slopeFix function

Offline MRO204

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: 19 Sep 2009, 11:47:15 »
In 'BAS2' Fers F2 Mission Framework there is a working version of kegetys version 1.03 spectate for Arma 2 if your interested, i took it out and use it in my missions :) works very well.

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #24 on: 28 Sep 2009, 05:47:33 »
Revive Update 0.3e
Download here: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_03e.utes.rar

Just a couple of minor changes for the new patch - includes the new 1.04 parameters, a fix for the smoke grenades and a small change to the cam follow script.

There's no real need to update unless you want to. Just replace the revive_sqf in your mission with the one in the archive.

I also want to announce that I'm taking a backward step from the community. I'll still be updating the revive script for new patches, I may even add some new features from time to time but I won't be supporting this script or any of my other work to the same extent as previously.

This means I won't be answering PMs or emails for help any more - I'm very sorry about this but its been getting a little out of hand recently and I simply can't help everyone who asks for scripting/addon help and advice and maintain my own sanity, which is questionable at the best of times.

Offline SFisher

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 30 Sep 2009, 18:14:14 »
Norrin, thanks for the revive sripts! I am interested in how I change revive parameters, so that they become Param3, while you have them in the script is set Param2 ???

Pardon me for my bad English... =)

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #26 on: 22 Oct 2009, 01:48:40 »
The one trick pony is back :)

Revive Script 0.3f Update

Download
http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_03f.utes.rar - if you're updating just replace the revive_sqf folder with the one in the test mission

Fixes
There's very little change really just attempted fixes for a couple of lingering bugs:

1. AI no longer target unconscious units
2. Animations work correctly now if call-out is disabled
3. When using the mobile spawn option the script automatically uses _base_2 as the starting point for the mobile spawn marker - there is no longer a need to create a "base" marker on the map for mobile spawn. - Note: updated the readMe to reflect this change

If you get a chance to try it let me know if you run into any problems.

Many thanks,

norrin

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #27 on: 10 Nov 2009, 23:08:25 »
thanks again for all your scripts! :good:
Just a remark: if no player takes that slot, I wish I could tell an Ai medic to deploy the mobile spawn...

And by the way, in another mission, I added the choice of ambulance or medic mobile respawn.

in the description.ext, MP parameters class, I added :

Code: [Select]
        class Mobile
        {
// paramsArray[5]
                title = $STR_titleparamobile;
                values[] = {0, 1};
                texts[] = {$STR_paramobile1,$STR_paramobile2};
                default = 0;
        };
where   STR_titleparamobile=Mobile Respawn
           STR_paramobile1= Ambulance
           STR_paramobile2= medic of group alpha (named alpha7 in my mission)

then in my init file:
if (paramsArray select 5==0) then {mobile=objnull} else {mobile=alpha7};
sleep 0.02;
server execVM "revive_init.sqf";

and finally in the revive_init (array n°60 and 53 in version 3.e):
_mobile_type = paramsArray select 5;
_mobile_man = mobile; 

and it works all right! :good:
(i've got of course an ambulance called “r_mobile_spawn_vcl" ready to be used for mobile respawn on the map)

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #28 on: 11 Nov 2009, 02:25:12 »
@FleePee - thanks for that mate - its a great idea and nice work on the choice of mobile spawn point - both things I hadn't considered.

Anyway here's the new version, unfortunately the latest upgrade doesn't include Flee's playable AI deployable mobile spawn, but it does fix a couple of lingering bugs.

Revive Update Version 0.3g (7th November 2009)

Had a chance to actually play a couple of missions that use the script over the last couple of weeks and realised the revive timer count down was hopelessly inaccurate so I've tweaked the code - it should now only be a couple of seconds out after a 300 second revive time limit rather than 30 seconds out. I've also fixed the anti-water code to make it more compatible with AI and removed the second death that occurs after washing ashore so the number of deaths on the scoreboard should accurately reflect the number that have occurred. If you get the swimming on dry land bug please let me know.

Download
http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_03g.utes.rar

You know the drill - if you're a repeat offender then just copy the new revive_sqf folder over the existing one in your mission

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
« Reply #29 on: 13 Dec 2009, 10:49:02 »
Revive Update 0.04

Just a small update adding compatibility with ACE2 rucks and a couple of fixes

Download
http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_04.utes.rar

Added
New option in revive_init - _ACE_mod - when turned on enables respawning ruck sacks

Fixed
Hopefully fixed missing parameters for _AI_aware function as identified by Wolfy.au
Ability to change posture while dragging - eg. you can no longer drag other units while prone etc.

NB: No need to update the revive unless you're planning on using ACE2. Also remember there have been changes made to the revive_init.sqf so if you update your going to have update this config file as well