Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V28  (Read 17522 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Hi, beta testers! ;)

I've got some new stuff for you!

mission author: FleePee

mission type: COOP

Number of players: 1 to 32

Mission requirements: ARMA2 patch 1.5

Addons: none

English and french versions!

Duration: I needed each time I tested it around 4 hours, alone with AIs, to achieve all objectives...
what about you? :dunno:

Specifications:
- 4 squads of 8 soldiers, Alpha leader is the high commander, select at least that slot!
- hidden objectives
- revive by all units (you should die many times!)
- full english radio voices (with my french accent of course!)

Lobby Options:
- time
- number of revives
- Mobile Respawn choice (Medic or ambulance)
- time before respawn location choice
- grass layer
- view distance
- show/skip intro

External Scripts used:
- revive script V0.42 by Norrin
- Random House Patrol by Tophe of Östgöta
- Urban Patrol Script by Kronzky

Main Objectives:
Your objectives are to paralize the armament industry by destroying the power station and its electric transformers in Elektrozavodsk, and to secure that town, including port and train station.
In the picture below, you can see the buildings you must destroy: the one on the left, the central production facility and its chimney, and the 3 electric transformers on its right...

I'm waiting for your feedback, enjoy! :good:

OFPEC Review
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2010, 20:08:53 by hoz »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V1.5
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2009, 17:09:57 »
Looks interesting fleepee and look forward to giving this a try over the next few days.  :good:

Edit:

The mission name is missing. its not showing up in the mp mssion selection screen, its there but its blank which is highly weird.

Briefing

There are many spelling errors and grammar, I'll check those more carefully the next time we play it.
We didn't notice a weapons pool, however plenty of weapons at the base.
Under the section you have for 'info' I would change this title to Credits.
I have to give you some credit for displaying some excellent pictures in the briefing. Some of the best I've seen yet.

Intro
Not a bad little intro, it does the trick and with the new multiplayer lobby options you can easily add an option to disable.  Nice job on the image in the intro looks good.

Mission

well the initial base I thought was over crowded. Too many playable slots. I would cut down each team to like 5 or 6 units.  They sure got in the way. Also the netting covering the vehicles and stuff was destroyed by the end of the mission. You might want to find a better location for the vehicles.

Over all the mission kept us interested enough to play it for two hours. Getting into the electrical station really proved tough, you had lots of well placed units hidden however we were easily able to hide in the NE area of the electrical station without being bothered too much.  we totally avoided the direct route by road.

We did lay down one satchel at the station but never got credit for it. Do you need more then 1? or is there a honey spot to put down the charge?

Don't forget to remove the french from the MP params settings.

good job so far!
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2009, 20:25:28 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2009, 20:32:39 »
Thanks for your feedback!!
[/b]

The mission name is missing.
I tried the stringtable wirh "@STR_missiontitle" in the mission name in the editor, it works ok in editor but not in MP on a dedi, I saw that last night, and don't know why it doesn't work... :dunno:

Not a bad little intro, it does the trick and with the new multiplayer lobby options you can easily add an option to disable.
As there are allready two options, number of revives and daytime, can I had a third one for intro skipping?!

Also the netting covering the vehicles and stuff was destroyed by the end of the mission
I saw that... I tried "allowdamage false" for them, but they still go to the ground when you touch them... They're usefull just for the look of the base.

well the initial base I thought was over crowded. Too many playable slots.
The number of slots is a demand of the team i'm now part of... I didn't disable AIs in the lobby to allow the use of high command fonctions, but you can disable some manually if you wish to reduce teams.

we totally avoided the direct route by road
So you didn't see the interesting hidden objectives you can find on that route!

We did lay down one satchel at the station but never got credit for it. Do you need more then 1?
Oh yes you do!!
At least ten to destroy ALL buildings of power station, but perhaps i'll reduce the objective there to the destruction of just the 3 electric transformers...
With the 1.03 patch, I noticed that the main building needs 3 times at least the charges needed before, even with a setdamage set to 0.9 in init, it's not interesting doing that job...

Don't forget to remove the french from the MP params settings.
Easy to change for example the titleParam1 with stringtable, but I was unable to change the same way the textsParam1[]
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2009, 21:24:34 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2009, 20:57:03 »
As there are allready two options, number of revives and daytime, can I had a third one for intro skipping?!

Yes with the new betas you can. See my post in the mp scripting board.

I saw that... I tried "allowdamage false" for them, but they still go to the ground when you touch them... They're usefull just for the look of the base.

Maybe try turning the vehicles around so you can drive out of them. Once the vehicles respawn they aren't under the tent anyhow.

So you didn't see the interesting hidden objectives you can find on that route!

Just the hooker :D

At least ten to destroy ALL buildings of power station, but perhaps i'll reduce the objective there to the destruction of just the 3 electric transformers...
With the 1.03 patch, I noticed that the main building needs 3 times at least the charges needed before, even with a setdamage set to 0.9 in init, it's not interesting doing that job...

In shark's mission 1 charge takes down the entire surrounding area. thats why i asked.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2009, 22:36:58 »
I'm upating the post with some changes...
No more french for you in MP options, i could do it with the stringtable!!
buildings need now less charges (setdamage set to 0.99 for the main one!)

I've read your post on mp scripting, will do something later with that help, thanks! :clap:
I also briefly read something about disablin intro for jip player...

did you talk to the hooker? ;)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2009, 23:03:25 »
I did talk to the hooker but then got shot by her pimp!  :whistle:

Thought of one more thing.. check the rpt file becuase I saw hundreds of the same errors.
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2009, 04:19:55 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2009, 16:40:35 »
OK...
New changes and file updated! :D

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station
« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2009, 03:19:24 »
Briefing..

Typos..  Ennemy is Enemy
paralize is  paralyze
infantery  infantry

we got that picture from... should be we received that picture from...

Good job on the credits part looks better.

Don't forget to update the credits with the version number... you can do this by adding a string table entry and then just referencing it the briefing and in the mission name. this prevents you from having to t update it multiple places.

Played it through just two us tonite. The mission didn't end when the objective was complete.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2009, 08:02:54 »
The mission didn't end when the objective was complete
The mission doesn't end with the destruction, which is just a quarter of it!! :whistle:
That's why more than 4 hours are needed to end it... ;)

Informations added in the briefing...
just a few, to let you discover hidden objectives... :D

It was such an evidence for me to go in town for destroying the power station that I didn't think that players would avoid confrontation and just simply go to destroy it...
That's why beta tester's feedback is important!
Thanks Hoz!! :good:

First post updated with version 8...
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2009, 21:28:11 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V8
« Reply #9 on: 04 Sep 2009, 18:26:58 »
4 hours a bit much. I'm usually good for about 40 mins to an hour, if the objective is too difficult we usually give up and move on to some other mission. Have you considered breaking the mission down into a MP campaign?
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #10 on: 04 Sep 2009, 21:17:59 »
Have you considered breaking the mission down into a MP campaign?
No... but not a bad idea...
the last campaign I made was a single player one, but on OFP... a while ago!

It seems that in arma2, the MP game is saved with players position, gear, etc... but the revive script wasn't initialized correctly with certain options... I don't know if it's the same with its V3c version...
It's a way to end the mission when tired (or fed up!), then load it to finish it...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 04 Sep 2009, 21:39:19 »
Let norrin know and he will look into it.

edit:
Played this again last night... version 8... seems to be coming along except when we took out the power station we received that the task was finished however we weren't given any new tasks.

« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2009, 19:12:49 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2009, 19:11:52 »
Oups!
I didn't upload the good one... :dunno:
first post updated...
It's still version 8, don't forget to delete the previous one! ::)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V9
« Reply #13 on: 22 Sep 2009, 15:42:23 »
as I'm no more member of a team, new version without team reference...
Version 9 available!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-32] Destroy power station V9
« Reply #14 on: 23 Sep 2009, 20:47:11 »
We have played this a few times since you put out ver9. The mission remains much the same, a bit on the long side. Only suggestion at this point is to put an option for the intro and a remove grass option. :)
Xbox Rocks