Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Abandoned Armies  (Read 214646 times)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re:Abandoned Armies
« Reply #1440 on: 23 Oct 2005, 23:29:09 »
What a bugger:
Overview version - fixed

Reorganise: I tested it with everyone else in or out of a vehicle, but not with Alexi in a vehicle.  Excellent catch.  Thanks

When I hit the radio, and get 'Visek I know him, he's a good man' theres no-one speaking (no visual). I thought in other veriosn there was?
There never was a visual of the speaker.  In the final version Karl will stop and face the player when he says it.  Unless by visual you mean the text of the message on the bottom of the screen - that certainly should be there.

POW camp:  Sorry.  I have run out of energy for this.

Weird #1
This is a feature of OFP.  Sometime you tell a vehicle to go somewhere and it heads off in the opposite direction.  I believe you also had this problem with a very early version of this mission.  I have no idea what causes it or what the solution might be.

Weird #2
How depressing.  I have no idea what has caused this, and I am away from early tomorrow morning for the rest of the week.  I will just have to fret about it.  Tell me.  When you went into the HQ did you get the ‘Please don't shoot' message?  and were they shot? (by which I mean did you hear shots and were they dead - that is two questions)

Eureka! - I think I know what caused Stamenov to appear in a strange place.  If I am right this is easy to fix.  What I still don't know is why when he was dead you didn't get the voiceover. You might sob, I am talking about a years work here.

noticed only two soldiers guarding Tatyana.
There are three but one of them seems to run away very easily.

Mikero - you are worth your weight in gold.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #1441 on: 24 Oct 2005, 01:51:25 »
>pow camp out of energy.

good! we might see this as a final realease real soon now!

>HQ and Stamenov. Yes, and Yes.

Also forgot to mention that 'my little brother' Ruslan accrued experience far slower that the others, and was excellent. I know you did this deliberately. Would be good a) more disparity for the others, b) more points required to move from vet->expert (eg) than novice->recruit. Ie it takes longer and takes more than just 1 point= one more exp level. Ruslan's experience curve was (for me) about the right tempo for all of them (they accumulate too quick imho)

One final niggle I can think of is the briefing (sigh). It really depends on whether you want to frustrate the player (which is something I love about this mission, the hair tearing screaming hissy fits I get). The boat etc has been done to death in terms of NOT getting into it and penalities apply, blah blah. But, if you look at the wording of the briefing, everything suggests the boat is there to be used again.

I would either a) modify the wording to make it plain, it's a dead duck, or b) my always preferred option with this mission is remove all reference to it (in terms of whether ot's usable or not, and let the player discover for themsevles  8) )
Just say no to bugz

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #1442 on: 24 Oct 2005, 06:02:32 »
Also forgot to mention that 'my little brother' Ruslan accrued experience far slower that the others, and was excellent. I know you did this deliberately. Would be good a) more disparity for the others, b) more points required to move from vet->expert (eg) than novice->recruit. Ie it takes longer and takes more than just 1 point= one more exp level. Ruslan's experience curve was (for me) about the right tempo for all of them (they accumulate too quick imho)
Yes it was deliberate.  I came to the same conclusion you have about having slower progression and more disparity.  This is already in v1.40.  When I first put this feature in all I wanted to do was avoid something looking illogical when the civis join you, but get them up to fighting skill as quickly as possible, now I see it as a nother piece of management the player has to deal with.

Boat:  I think I do have to mention it.  If any players do use it then be it on their own heads. ;D

Off to the airport now.  Back late Friday - may be able to check in occassionally.
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2005, 06:03:10 by THobson »

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #1443 on: 25 Oct 2005, 02:21:04 »
>i think I do have to mention it.

and i think you've been influenced too much by us. One of the great appeals of this masterpiece is the ball-tairing hair pulling Basil Faulty cringe mode, where the player is flummoxed at every turn without it being unfair. You tried to mollify others startled screams when they drowned, to be nice.

Right now, the briefing is lying, which has never been your intent.

Some things to report. One of them I hope is exceptionally important.

Unimportant1:

I captured a T80 thru no fault of my own. My AT launcher disposed of the crew in a single hit to the turret and left the tank un-harmed.

It has NO visual indications of being damaged. Drives well and etc, but I did get that wonderful voiceover about it being scrunched a lot and needs repair.

The really bad thing (tm) is that if I get in it, my people shoot me dead. I am bringing this to your attention because it would appear to be a similar thing to the police jeep. If the jeep's sufficiently damaged, it's shot at by the loons while I drive it. If you have any sort of answer to this or explanation, I'd welcome an increase in knowledge.

Unimportant2:

The red signatures can be intensely irritating. Sergie you know about, and am hoping (still) you change him to a resistace spy on the final version to turn him green.

A Ural is white until I get in it, it then indicates as an enemy vehicle (red), but of course my people don't shoot it (i bet if it was severely damaged, they would)

Important:

I have suffered from horrendous lag in 1.31 and 1.32. This was comensurate with a much more aggressive game style by me where I took on anything that moved, and, a change by you in how the war starts.

As a test, I tried 1.32 again in non-rambo mode. Basically following the plot and keeping out of harm's way.  In otherwords, playing it exactly as any sane person would.

The war did NOT start until Dourdan. Much later than say my normal T3 bust up or *even earlier* if I'm really aggressive.

After it did start, lag was back to that wonderful (and I choose that word carefully) 'sixth sense' where things get ever so slightly slushy. A 'seasick' feeling, and you know to run like hell. Believe me, that's an added dimension to this game play. Lag as such, did not exist and reminded me of the best version so far (1.30).

This is so ultra important to the mission, and I'm convinced I've stumbled over it and the answer to all the bull about sandbags, ai and all. I would 1,000% percent recommend that you prevent a war starting before a specific time. Ie mid-day.

The war began after I attacked the T80 which was alone. When I did so, i noticed a chopper taking an interest in it (in one of the retries) so assume you trigger war on these types of events (opportunism). Importantly, war started when no 'mist' was about. I am going on and on about this because the game play was seriously impacted for the better.

It could be that by this time, all the units and all the hidden initialising has been settled down. As in units are now in 'normal' mode rather than trying to achieve an objective, or, they aren't straining thru mist. When war did start, I can assure you I was overwhelmed! The buggers came from everywhere North South, mountains, Arudy, Northron and Southron and they were savage too each other not just me. I only escaped by fighting through piles of bodies down to Sergie, but AT NO TIME was there lag (despite a convoy)

I am a million squillion bazillion percent convinced you need to prevent war starting early. And THAT would be one hell of an elegant 'fix'.

edit:
have just read a review of Operation Flashpoint:Elite

the irony struck me so I am just quoting with obvious word replacement

It is important to make the distinction between Abandoned Armies being a ‘Military Simulator' and not a traditional First Person / Third Person Shooter (FPS/TPS). Attempting to play Abandoned Armies as you would Halo 2 for instance will result in certain failure as ‘run-and-gun' tactics just don't work. As an accurate simulation of military combat, you have to play Abandoned Armies as if your own arse was on the line. When the rounds start flying you must get down low and get behind cover or you will soon find yourself dead. You can not survive many bullet or shrapnel wounds and on the harder difficulty levels, dying after only one shot is common…as in real life.

The realism of Abandoned Armies goes much further than not being able to withstand a 7.62 mm round to the head. There are many little touches that the "average" gamer may very well notice but not necessarily appreciate the significance.

Couldn't have said it better myself :D
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2005, 03:15:52 by Mikero »
Just say no to bugz

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #1444 on: 25 Oct 2005, 08:00:24 »
I need to be brief - I get much less time with this new job.

and i think you've been influenced too much by us.
That thought had occurred to me several times, but I am still happy with where I am.

The briefing lies?

Unimportant1.  Well the fact that you got the message and you could still drive it is important.  That should only happen if the vehicle cannot be driven.  I suspect an OFP ‘feature', your team mates attacking you is certainly one of those.  I doubt I can do anything about it.

Unimportant2:  I can't do anything about this.  I am reluctant to change Sergei.  My experience with Irena reinforces my view that not all units behave in the same way.  I don't want to introduce bugs at this stage by moving to a unit that has not been tested.

Important:  Interesting.  I was always impressed by your aggressive style - I am not good enough to get away with playing like that.  I don't think I can delay the war without having other side effects.  Basically the war starts when units if different sides come into contact with each other.  Without player action this will never (longest test was 5 days) happen.  It is what the player does that gets them into contact.  There are few places where I force a contact.  One is where one side gets so weak the other side decides to attack it. I suspect you might have triggered that.

Identifying your comments as unimportant and important is very helpful

Must rush sorry.  Will read this all again when I get back.

Bye the way, thanks for the quote :)
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2005, 08:02:12 by THobson »

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #1445 on: 30 Oct 2005, 21:40:17 »
Well so here it is.  The post I have been expecting to make for months now.  The one that tells you all that this journey is now at an end, I have finally submitted the mission for review!

What a journey it has been.  I started making this mission over a year ago, in fact it was last November that I had my first successful soak test of 5 days and the island was still running at the end of it.  I thought the mission was nearly finished when I stared this thread in January and to be quite honest I expected maybe a couple of people to like it and the rest to hate it.  What a surprise I had on two counts: 1) it was nowhere nearly finished as a mission; and 2) many more people liked it than I had dared hope for.

The 12 + months I have spent on this mission have been deeply frustrating at times but greatly rewarding as well, largely due to the response I have received through this thread.  I thank you all for the help, support, ideas and encouragement you have given me over the last few months, I really cannot express how grateful I am to you all.  You have kept me going though some very frustrating times and your suggestions and comments have helped to transform the mission into something so much better than I had first envisaged.

I will leave this thread open for a few more days.  I will need a stiff drink before I solve it, it will be like saying goodbye to an old and dear friend, but please, any comments on the mission should now be posted here.

Unless of course you download the final version and find a problem with it - then a reply here or an IM would do the trick.

« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2005, 00:34:59 by THobson »

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #1446 on: 31 Oct 2005, 00:41:14 »
Like a child leaving home sob. :'(

Still, just to punish you for the pain and hell you have all put us through, we are all looking forward to the sequel 8) 8) 8)

---

In any case THob, thank you from us for a fantastic learning curve. We have all benefited greatly from this masterpiece, some in gameplay, some in better understanding of the engine, and some, in just sheer delight.

thank you.
Just say no to bugz

klavan

« Reply #1447 on: 31 Oct 2005, 08:57:20 »
Ah! Finally I can play this mission without feeling faulty for a missing beta report by me: if your mission took up to 12 month to get ready, I would need 24+ hours to write a beta report, thanks to my fourbish english.
Now I know i can give it a run and say "I liked It!" or "It's so sh***y!!!" without the need to say why! (jocking!) ;)
Moreover, now BIS can release ArmA......C'mon, say the thruth Thobson, we know BIS delayed ArmA for giving us the chance to to enjoy your masterpiece!   ;D
Downloading now.......
Klavan

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #1448 on: 01 Nov 2005, 09:00:21 »
Klavan:

I'm afraid you missed an opportunity to get your name in the list of beta testers.  All that was needed was some helpful suggestion not a full report.  Ah well. I hope you enjoy playing it.   :)

Yes the delay to Armed Assault has been helpful  ;D

djackl

« Reply #1449 on: 14 Nov 2005, 08:56:22 »
Can I smell a 10/10?

Sorry about the lack of gaming since my last few posts at the start, but i just haven't had time to play all of this uber mission  :-[

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #1450 on: 19 Nov 2005, 12:12:30 »
No apology necessary.  I appreciated the input when you could give it.  It does take a long time to play.  I have done a complete end to end run through of the release version (v1.40).  I know how it works, but I also play it slowly.  It took me one and half weekends and six evenings.  Mission time was a little over 25 hours.  The first soldier I killed (after the three at Vigny) was at about 11:30, about 5 hours into the mission, I was busy all that time sneaking around doing 'stuff'.  I kept finding little things I wanted to change - but realised it was now too late, and anyway I now don't have the time.

On the score -  The scoring system here is a bit odd, 10 is reserved for the 'perfect' mission and nothing is perfect.  Except that the two winners of last year's competition got a 10 with missions that were not perfect either - so who knows.  Anyway what is more important to me is the comments I get from people who play the mission and enjoy it.  That is really my reward.

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re: (Review please) Abandoned Armies
« Reply #1451 on: 16 Sep 2006, 09:59:41 »
Please review

The final version of this mission was submitted for review in October 2005.  It had not been reviewed when ofpec went down in January 2006.  We now have a new process for submitting missions for review which requires missions to be submitted from this beta board.  In compliance with this new process, below is a link to the final version for which a review is requested.  The mission is unchanged from the one submitted last October - but I have updated the Readme file to deal with the fact that the old links to ofpec will no longer work

Get the final version here

« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2006, 10:26:55 by bedges »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: (Review Please) Abandoned Armies
« Reply #1452 on: 16 Sep 2006, 10:39:14 »
Said before, said again OUTSTANDING JOB  :good:   I know, this is not a review, but can't resist  :clap:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re: (Review Please) Abandoned Armies
« Reply #1453 on: 16 Sep 2006, 18:13:31 »
*Puts on mission reviewer hat.*   I have this one.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Abandoned Armies by THobson
« Reply #1454 on: 18 Sep 2006, 13:18:18 »
File: Abandoned Armies v1-40.zip (16.3mb)
Version: 1.40
Requires: OFP 1.96
AuthorTHobson
Score10
TypeSP
Addons:General Barron's Editor Addon 102 (included in zip)
Description:A three-sided, whole island battle.   The best mission yet made.

Review by macguba

Abandoned Armies is not merely the best mission ever made:  it is the culmination of a dream that two Czech computer game programmers had many years ago.  Operation Flashpoint achieves its potential in Abandoned Armies: this mission shows you why you play it; why you love it.

Download the mission now, while you read this review.  When the download is finished, read THobson's readme, it's useful and fascinating.  If you are new to OFP play a few more missions before attempting this one.

How do you think you'd cope if you were stranded on an island, hunted by two warring armies?  Well, here is your chance to find out.  Malden has been the flashpoint for a global nuclear war, although the island itself proved not to be worth a warhead, and the remnants of Soviet and American expeditionary armies have been abandoned here.    Nationality became irrelevant in the basic struggle for survival:  fragmented groups of soldiers joined with their former enemies to scavenge for food and petrol.  These groups eventually coalesced into a pair of hungry, ragged clans, controlled by vicious warlords and continually at odds.   Now that the Malden Resistance is all but wiped out, and the civilian population plundered, raped and murdered into insignificance, these warbands have agreed an untrusting truce.   

You play Alexi Petrenco, a local lad of about 17.  Your father has been killed fighting for the Resistance but your family is one of the few to have survived the maelstrom.   Now, as winter approaches, the lack of food and shelter is life-threatening.   Unless you can find your uncle - a clever man - and obtain his help, your mother and sister will surely die too.   Armed with your father's old pistol and a few bullets, you set off in a decrepit boat.  Your uncle lives in Vigny ... if he's still there.  If Vigny is still there.

THobson has cracked the "whole island experience" thing and that alone is a milestone in OFP mission making.  There is no spawning of units here - everything is on the map at the start.  Of course there's some randomisation, for the replay value, but everything is planned, everything is real.  This is exactly what BIS are doing on a larger scale with Armed Assault.  Just remember that THobson got here first.

But that's not it.  That's not what makes the mission so remarkable.  What's remarkable is that the author has created a living island in a highly original mission, with superb build quality and innumerable touches of artistic and technical detail.   It's like adding the creative energy of a TVR and the reliability of a Mazda to the sheer class of a Ferrari.  The result is ... well if you're from California, "Amazingly awesome, man".  If you're from Scotland like me you'd say "Aye, well, its alright".  There is no higher praise.

I have an interest to declare: I was a beta tester and voice actor on this mission, and THobson kindly acknowledges that he was influenced by my Un-Impossible Mission.  However, this review has been passed by the Missions Depot Admin and the score was agreed amongst the mission reviewers.  This is the first ever mission, other than the 2004 MEC winners, that has been awarded the highest possible OFPEC score of 10/10.  With the greatest respect to all the finalists in the MEC, this one leaves them for dust. 

Overview

As good an Overview as you'll ever see.   A beautifully created scene, photographed well, with concise text that gives both a clear description of the situation and an air of suspense.

Intro

Top class filmmaking.  A good story, well told, with many attractive details. The homely but competent voice acting of the author's family adds a great deal to the atmosphere.   It's true that there are no exhilarating cinematic effects, but the choice of music is excellent.  A classic example of something which looks easy, but isn't.

Briefing

Again, as good a Briefing as you're likely to see.  Simple and direct with helpful background information.  Don't be tempted to skip anything:  this mission is about the whole atmosphere and paying attention here will pay dividends later.   The voiceover is informative although the "Uncle" motif is perhaps overdone.   No gear selection - it's not appropriate - but in the mission itself there's plenty of weaponry.   You'll have to figure out a way of getting hold of it of course, and once you do you'll find that the author has judged the ammo shortage beautifully:  you do have to think about it but you don't have to panic.  Medical support is also available if you use your eyes, ears and brain.   You start the mission alone.   

Mission

This is the best mission you've ever played so get your preparation right.  During the week, clear your diary for the weekend and tell your flatmates and family to keep out of the way.  Watch the Intro and read the Briefing a couple of times, start the mission and sort out the environmental effects dialogue, then Abort.   On Friday night have a shower - you won't be having another for a day or two - make a few crappy sandwiches and fill a thermos flask with black coffee. 

Saturday morning.  Get up an hour before dawn and, by torchlight, start the mission from the reload point.  Skip the Intro and Briefing now, you know what's there.  It's cold, wet and dark, you can feel the chill.  Take some lukewarm coffee while you contemplate the stiff slope ahead.  The climb will wake you up but by the time you get to the top you'll be slightly lost.  Vigny is ... that way?   I think I'll have a sneak around.  What the ..!

You are cocooned by the atmosphere even before the first cutscene, and shortly after it the self-aware player will pause suddenly for a brief smile.  You are behaving exactly as you would if this was real.   Which means it is real.   So, what to do next?   Well, the author has provided a very broad hint and this near the start it's worth taking his advice.  Not least because the sun is starting to appear and he wants you to face it; you need the warmth it offers.   Abandoned Armies has a real story, but how and when you follow it is up to you.  There are no particularly dramatic consequences to acting or not acting on any suggestions given to you by the characters you meet, but it's important to listen to what they say so that you can make an informed decision.  They will tell you what you need to know in order to figure out what's really happening on this godforsaken island.  This mission has three genuinely distinct Sides, and the relationship between them (which may change) is an important aspect of the mission.   Four Sides, if you count the tattered remains of the civilian population, but they are few and far between.

There are many enemies to kill, if you decide to go a-killing, but don't feel you have to shoot everyone you meet.   In the early stages this is very much a blackops style of mission:  intelligence gathering, sneak attacks and quick raids.  Later, it develops into full blown infantry combat, assuming you have collected your squad and kept them alive.  Towards the end, if you want, you'll be fighting from tanks.    And even after the end you'll keep playing.  Or rather thinking, "Yes, the fighting is finished, but we still have to face the winter.  How will we survive?"

Abandoned Armies is a challenging mission, particularly near the beginning when enemies abound and your squad is ill-trained and ill-equipped.  A quick win is not on the agenda.  It's hard enough to get a win at all and you'll need skill, patience and guts.  I don't mean patience and guts in the game, I mean patience and guts in real life.  Playing Rambo-style will get you nowhere.  In fact, playing any single style all the time will get you nowhere very much, except at the start where 'hit and run' works well.  Especially 'run'.  The way to win - and the mission is very winnable - is to play it smart and play it flexible, adapting your style and immediate intentions to the circumstances of the moment.    Savour the whole experience and avoid getting killed, since death-and-retry breaks the immersion.    Don't hit pause while you eat, drink and piss:  find some cover and keep the game running.  Don't go to bed during the night:  curl up in a thin blanket and doze while the mission continues.  Do not break the spell.

My point is that this is not a 'whole-campaign-all-in-one'.  It is a single tremendous mission; an epic story with a beginning, a middle and an end.  It captures much of what OFP has to offer and whatever your favourite genre, you'll probably find it here.  What is more, you'll start this mission feeling like a boy ... and you'll end it feeling like a field marshal.

Outro

The Outro is in the mission rather than being seperate, which in this case is right.  It's deceptively simple, showing you the state of your squad and the island at the end of the mission.  Excellent music as usual, which is used to great dramatic effect.    Credits follow seamlessly and the whole thing provides a satisfying end to an extraordinary experience, gently lowering you back into real life.

Special

Abandoned Armies is designed for Veteran mode, do not play it in Cadet mode.  You'll need to be able to navigate over the whole island in bad weather with only a map and compass.  If you're not good enough to play in Vet, learn.  It's worth it - this mission is what OFP was built for.  This is a very long mission and will take you the best part of a day to complete, even without retries.   (Some beta testers took over 24 hours of game time.)  There are 42 radio savegames and you should use one about every 20 minutes or so, depending on your approach.  Time acceleration is disabled, and rightly so.  Note that you must set Video Options/Terrain detail to Normal or strange things will happen to some static objects.  This is an OFP bug which is not noticeable in ordinary missions.

The use of weather is immaculate and random weather scripts (such as in ECP) must be turned off.   Due to the large size of the mission it is advisable not to use mods such as ECP at all, unless you have a very powerful computer.   After the Briefing there is a dialogue allowing you to disable some environmental effects, which is necessary if you have a low end machine.  It doesn't affect gameplay.  The effects switched off include the vehicle burn scripts, animal sounds, and some flag effects. 

Most vehicles have music players.  An example of the attention to detail is that the music player won't work if the vehicle is damaged, but will work if the vehicle is repaired.   This is even true of the helicopters, should you be skilful enough and lucky enough to capture one.

The two enemy armies are entirely different in character.  At first they appear to be the same, since both are composed of a mixture of Soviet and American units, but when you look closely you will see that they are totally different.  What's that?   You want me to tell you how they are different?  Oh no. Oh dear me no.  But I will tell you that the character of each army reflects the character of its leader.

Both the enemy armies have patrols and convoys.  These work as they would in real life, stopping at fuel stations to refuel.  Keeping them running indefinitely is a remarkable technical achievement by the author, given the AI's enthusiasm for crashing into trees and each other.  If a vehicle is damaged the crew will get out to "repair" it.  The embarked infantry will also dismount and attack you if you are detected nearby.  Should you manage to escape, they will re-embark and continue their journey.

There are 15 cutscenes in the mission and they are dynamic:  the cutscenes you actually see and their precise script depends on what other cutscenes and events have occurred.   Some of them are "secret" in that they are not part of the main plot and you'll find them only by means of observation and initiative.  Most players will see about ten of the cutscenes - it's impossible to see them all because some are mutually exclusive.  To get the full experience of this mission you need to play it more than once, and play it differently.   There are about ten voice actors and some play more than one part.

As if all that wasn't enough, the mission is packed with special effects.   Some you are bound to find (the wolves and other animals and sounds), some you might find (mad women), and some you will find only if you play the mission two or three times while paying attention.  (I won't spoil the surprise.)    Once you've gathered your squad, if that's what you choose to do, there is a squad reorganisation script so that you can select who is at 2, who is at 3 and so on.   This is a serious piece of scripting because the game engine treats different models (e.g. medic, women) differently.    Each member of your squad has a unique personality and will talk to you while you reorganise.  Listen to what they say.   Their skill level increases as they gain experience.

Several OFP "features" have been fixed.  For example, tanks which have no ammo at all cannot normally re-arm, but in this mission they can.  When you are in a civilian vehicle, enemy soldiers usually don't react to you but here they often will.

48 people beta tested this mission.  There is no "last loon" problem.  I didn't find any bugs and I suspect there aren't any.

Do you see what I'm getting at?   This "Special" section is longer than the entire review for most missions.  And I've missed out a whole bunch of stuff, like the roadblock that is established when a road is no longer required because the convoy that uses it has been destroyed.  The whole damn mission is special.

Click for the old beta thread (locked).

nominesine interviews the author, THobson.

« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2006, 22:30:26 by Planck »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play