Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Everon Cartel  (Read 22201 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Everon Cartel
« Reply #75 on: 01 Sep 2002, 23:58:34 »
actualy im back 2 school tomowrow (monday) but som of my freinds invited me 2 go wid em  ;D nd we have a sain here - if its free take a lot  ;)  ;D - i wil loose som school days but its in da meadel of saom holiydays so im loosin bout 2 days  ;D

bout da prob wolf discovered  :o didnt think bout it b4 but ;D mybe u can make em think u r dead by kilin som1 dat lokes like u or somthin  :)

LCD OUT

"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Wolf

« Reply #76 on: 02 Sep 2002, 00:12:32 »
Yes, but if your ever spotted by the police again, or they get a driscription of you or something, they could use any of the information that would have been in your file.
fingerprints, pictures, phycological reports, so on ...
The only thing I can think of for getting around that would be to have one mission where you have to go back into police HQ and steal or destroy all of your records.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #77 on: 02 Sep 2002, 00:20:31 »
:wow:

good idea wolf :thumbsup:

i think we should use it if uwe use da undercover thing  ;D

LCD OUT

Kaliyuga

« Reply #78 on: 02 Sep 2002, 01:42:25 »
  Hmmm.... that's a pretty good idea there Wolf... in this day and age though.. (depending on the time frame we decide ultimately, but I think it should be modern day) you could visit some crazy hackers and get them to erase all yer stuff.... could even have plastic surgery.... (you could change faces in the middle of a mission couldn't you ?? :P using setface command?
  I do like the idea of sneaking into the police HQ,... (could be that large building used as Victor's office in the campaign) stealing some evidence, ;) stealing your records, and planting a bug or two if possible.. or planting tracking devices on the police jeeps that are around, then you'll know where the cops are at all times ;D    

I think every campaign needs a recon/stealthy type mission included so this one is a definate possibility :thumbsup:

Ram TN

« Reply #79 on: 02 Sep 2002, 11:14:43 »
Here's an idea: how about making a mission where you need to take down the police chopper? This, of course, would be a hard mission: say, the chopper is in the air, planning to help the cops catch some of your mafia buddies, and you get ONE AA missile, and after you shoot it, the cops are after you. You have to get back to a safehouse. If you missed the chopper, then not only the cops will be after you, but they also managed to catch your buddy - and all because of you. That's why you'll get EXPELLED (or something like that) from the mafia, and if you hit the chopper and got it down - then you will not only get promoted, but will also get large amounts of cash from your mafia buddy - who happens to have a VERY high rank at the mafia.  :)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #80 on: 02 Sep 2002, 13:07:08 »
Yeah I like the idea there Ram... definately might have to take out some helicopters... for buzzing too close to our fields... LOL ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #81 on: 02 Sep 2002, 13:17:17 »
Tanks 4 da idea TN  ;) :thumbsup: we have a raper here named TN :wow:  ;)  ;D

mybe we wil use it but we dont want da payer 2 b expelled so mybe u wil have a oportunity (new mision - dat dont happen if u get da choper)  2 save da man from da police  :)

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #82 on: 02 Sep 2002, 15:48:00 »
Well...  I too like the ideas that you guys have been coming up with..  So the player is probably gonna be an ex-cop that spends a whole bunch of money for some hackers to erase some data...  But then you find out that the cops are still pushing paper!  D'oh!!   So you have to go destroy the paper backup copies of your files as well..  And then on your way home when you think it's all over a police chopper comes after you!   :o  That way you get the best of all worlds!!  Muwha ha ha ha!!    ;D

Thanks for the ideas all and keep them coming!  All ideas that we use will include the orignal person in the credits who had the idea.  (of course)    ;)    ;D

Oh yeah, one other quick note..  We have the beginnings of a website!  ;D  Check my sig below to get the link:  
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2002, 15:55:42 by Asmodeus »

Waterman

« Reply #83 on: 02 Sep 2002, 18:10:58 »
  Nice website there! :thumbsup:
Would you like some screenshots Asmodeus for my island Skye?  You can get them at my site (Check my signature) or I can send some new better ones to you via email.
  If you do, what size do you want them? 800x600?

Waterman. 8)

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #84 on: 05 Sep 2002, 13:02:13 »
just my opinion here - but I don't think the player should join the cartel as a defecting police police officer - as this implies a lack of "loyalty" and "honesty", and he likely wouldn't be trusted and only promoted "Sideways" if you get me...

It would be easier from the promotion point of view that the player was merely too young (But was part of da "family")
and is now trying to "prove himself"

Think "Goodfellas" or "Sopranos"

Dan  ;D

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #85 on: 05 Sep 2002, 13:06:37 »
Oh - I also just remembered another Mafia film where Jack Nicholson was a hitman...
Maybe during some job or other you're interrupted by some random civilian passer-by...
Now normally - if you're seen that person has to be whacked...
Only THIS person happens to be the Police chief's wife\child\whatever - thereby raising police hostilities TENFOLD...

But maybe you just scare her off, or manage to intervene and post your guards PROPERLY before the job (She comes via a route you dont expect) then you dont piss of da cops.

Dan  ;D

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #86 on: 05 Sep 2002, 13:09:11 »
oh - and Gimbal's tossers might come in handy for "have-a-go-hero" civilians, or the distraught members of one of your unfortunate targets  :P

Dan  ;D

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #87 on: 05 Sep 2002, 13:13:57 »
oh - another idea - being able to read papers (A la Return to Castle Wolfenstein) - so then you'd KNOW what the police chief's wife\daughter (Mentioned in above...) looks like - and you'd know not to spray the contents of her skull across the opposite wall :)

Dan  ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #88 on: 05 Sep 2002, 13:45:58 »
Hi Zsa Wuzup  ;D :wave:

good ideas - we r goin 2 thin bout em  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #89 on: 05 Sep 2002, 14:20:49 »
Hey Zsa Zsa!!!  (Dan)  :o

Thanks for the ideas!     ;D  I like where you going with this...  I too was just thinking about having some papers to read in the briefings with things you wouldn't think would be important.. But turn out to be important later like the Police Chiefs' wife idea!   ;D

Gimbals tossers are definately in the addon list we are deciding on using..   :D  Thanks.

I do also agree with you on how the player would not be able to rise to a high rank in the Cartel, if he was a cop!!  It's like dating your friends chick, she'll cheat on you too!

Anyways, I was just working on the first mission, and the player is not coming from a cops standpoint, but a small time (personal and a little extra use) hemp grower out in the country...  And something goes wrong to shatter your lifestyle and force you into the arms of the Cartel.   ;)  One day a cop knocks on your door and wants to check your back yard for a missing child..  You try to resist, but he goes back there anyway and you have to kill him!  

Then you have to go and earn the EC's trust...  You know it's the only way for you to get off the Island..  

So...... Any ideas on how to expand on this would be cool!  (I have some ideas, but am still open to suggestions..)   Thanks again for all the ideas so far everyone!   ;D  With the help of all your brain cells flowing, this campaign is going to kick arse!   :)   ;D

P.S.  Thanks again about the website Waterman!!    ;)  I'm glad you like it!  ;D
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2002, 15:07:09 by Asmodeus »