Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Everon Cartel  (Read 22327 times)

Waterman

Re:Everon Cartel
« Reply #120 on: 17 Sep 2002, 19:58:40 »
What an amazing co-incadence! (or however you spell it...)

I'm just the man...I have the full AutoCAD 2000 programme! (Costs about £4,500 - no joke!)

I only now the basics though and I don't know how to work O2. :-\ I know enough to draw a half decent looking house but not with the 3D feature. :'(

PS. Good to be back! (I had connection probs yesterday and some smaller one still to sort out.)

Cheers,
Waterman.

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #121 on: 19 Sep 2002, 17:00:02 »
Im thinking if you have a nice large flat bit of land to work on, you could make the police building a proper maze - so that any bust outs you have to do are a real challenge...

Or if you have a proper hospital, and you have to silence a wounded patient (From your gang\other gang\whatever) who's under police protection...

ACTUALLY... Thinking about the above idea - you could have a "Doctor" skin you wear and you can get past the civilians and police easily enough, but the staff you have to avoid or they alert the police... See where I'm going...?

You have to sneak into the ward and give the patient a "jab"  ;) and then get out without getting caught :P

Dan  ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #122 on: 19 Sep 2002, 17:09:51 »
Hey Zsa!

Great ideas M8!  

You know the saying..

"Great minds think alike."

Well... There you go!    ;D  Kali and I have discussed many similar things as you are saying.   ;)  I like your idea to have the staff recognize you!  Good mix of realism and challenge!   :D  

**Asmo calls all the Cartel members over here to give their opinion on this**

After all, if agreed, this will need to be on the Island.   ;D   ;)

Thanks a lot Zsa and keep the idea's coming!    :-*   ;)

@Waterman    That's cool about the CAD program!  We'll have to see how and/or if we can use that with OFP!   ;D

Time for me to sleeeeeep!!   :P  

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #123 on: 19 Sep 2002, 17:17:23 »
great ideas as always Zsa  ;)  ;D :thumbsup: :toocool:

Btw i have a idea bout a weapon concealment script  ;D usin a action menu script  - wat do u think should b useful in da same mision  ;D

LCD OUT

"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Waterman

« Reply #124 on: 19 Sep 2002, 18:15:21 »
Good ideas from Zsa and LCD... I like the action menu idea particularly!

If I remember, you said something about .dxf files. AutoCAD does support that format but I'm not sure about O2.  If anyone could link these two programmes to work with each other that would be great! :D

P.S My email is down and has been down for the past few days... :-\ It should be up in a day or two... :)

Cheers,
Waterman. 8)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #125 on: 19 Sep 2002, 18:20:02 »
tanks Waterman  ;)

here r 2 thing u need 2 do  ;D

tels us bronete or blonde  ;)  ;D  or mybe redhed wat do u wantit 2 b  ;D

chck ur im (dis is 4 all da cartel members  ;D

LCD OUT

Waterman

« Reply #126 on: 19 Sep 2002, 18:58:17 »
Check your Private Messages LCD... ;)

Waterman. 8)
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2002, 18:58:53 by Waterman »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #127 on: 20 Sep 2002, 01:45:03 »
Keep seeing this Everon Cartel tag, thought I'd find out what it is.    Fantastic!    

Few thoughts and ideas.

If this campaign is going to be based around mone character (like OFP:R) then its probably a good idea to make him a strong, believable character - the player needs to believe that he is that that character.   Give him a home and some friends in the village and make him go back to meet them regularly.   Maybe have little mini-missions where all you have to do is meet up with your mates, collect some beers and sit on a hillside watching the sun go down - almost a glorified cutscene in fact.    

If he has a girlfriend then he meets up with her 3 or 4 times during the campaign (or in in-between cutscenes) and she has an important role to play near the end.   In other words do it better than OFP:R when you saw this girl once for two seconds and 19 missions later you're supposed to be upset because she may be about to die (don't want to give away too much plot here ....)

I would go one step further than Rubble Maker and say before you even have a mission tree you should have a plot and character tree.     This thing should feel like a small but exciting interactive novel before you even start the mission design.   Who are your characters?  What happens to them?  What you don't want is lots of minor characters who appear for one mission and that's it:   a good rule of thumb might bethat every character who has a speaking part must appear at least twice.    

If the debate about how you get into the Cartel is still open I propose this.   You are a criminal who moves to the island to avoid the heat from the past.    Not knowing about the Cartel you decide to do a little smuggling to earn a crust.     A small scale turf war erupts on your patch as you unknowingly intrude on the Cartel's operations.   The hit squad sent to take you out doesn't come back, because you're good.   (That's a mission in itself.)    The leader of the Cartel, being smart, decides to negotiate and you, also being smart, quickly join the team.  Obviously you have to join at a junior level because you are new, but equally obviously you rise quickly because you are already experienced.

Mission idea.   You are hanging out at Cartel HQ when there is an unexpected police raid.    You are doing your bit in the fighting when somebody tells you to go and see the boss.   You find him and he orders you to use the diversion of the firefight to eliminate one of his lieutenants.    The boss says that he has an agent inside the police who has told him that the lieutenant is a stool pigeon.  He can't be eliminated in the normal way because that would reveal the source in the police.    Naturally this lieutenant has, in the previous missions, been built up to be your best friend in the Cartel.      Four possible outcomes of course, either you shoot him or you don't, and he is really a stool pigeon or not.  (Perhaps the boss saw him as a rival and wanted him out of the way, the whole stool pigeon thing being a tall tale.)     Another possibility, its not a real order its just a test.  

Big question which I haven't seen discussed (may have missed it)    What is the ending going to be?   Do you get killed?  Take over the Cartel?   Take over both Cartels?    Does your girlfriend get killed and you retire, griefstricken, to raising tomatoes?   Do you see the error of your ways and destroy the Cartel?   You want the ending to be something less predictable than just "conquer the island".

This is a wonderful project, the trick will be not letting get out of hand.     Don't go overboard on mods - there will be enough creation and downloading as it is.   Probably best if you make sure that all the mods can be used in at least two missions.      And non-linearity is great fun but its a lot of work .... If you want an 8 mission campaign with every second mission having two possible outcomes (i.e. in the whole campaign the player gets four binary choices) that adds up to something like 30 missions unless some of the paths join up again.  

Anyway, that's enough for one post.

l8er

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #128 on: 20 Sep 2002, 02:22:08 »
If this campaign is going to be based around mone character (like OFP:R) then its probably a good idea to make him a strong, believable character - the player needs to believe that he is that that character.  Give him a home and some friends in the village and make him go back to meet them regularly.  Maybe have little mini-missions where all you have to do is meet up with your mates, collect some beers and sit on a hillside watching the sun go down - almost a glorified cutscene in fact.    

i think it wil b dere - but not sure

If he has a girlfriend then he meets up with her 3 or 4 times during the campaign (or in in-between cutscenes) and she has an important role to play near the end.  In other words do it better than OFP:R when you saw this girl once for two seconds and 19 missions later you're supposed to be upset because she may be about to die (don't want to give away too much plot here ....)

finished da resistance campaign 3 days after it was in my hom  ;)  ;D - nd i have a bet dat our player wont have a girlfreind LOL or mybe  ::)

I would go one step further than Rubble Maker and say before you even have a mission tree you should have a plot and character tree.    This thing should feel like a small but exciting interactive novel before you even start the mission design.  Who are your characters?  What happens to them?  What you don't want is lots of minor characters who appear for one mission and that's it:  a good rule of thumb might bethat every character who has a speaking part must appear at least twice.    

im not sure bout da at least twice thing we think bout makin it dat u can speak wid every1 nd som of dappl r just regppl dat we wont need nymor  ;D - in da meantime we have decided bout 8 caras i think all of em being major  ;D

If the debate about how you get into the Cartel is still open I propose this.  You are a criminal who moves to the island to avoid the heat from the past.    Not knowing about the Cartel you decide to do a little smuggling to earn a crust.    A small scale turf war erupts on your patch as you unknowingly intrude on the Cartel's operations.  The hit squad sent to take you out doesn't come back, because you're good.  (That's a mission in itself.)    The leader of the Cartel, being smart, decides to negotiate and you, also being smart, quickly join the team.  Obviously you have to join at a junior level because you are new, but equally obviously you rise quickly because you are already experienced.

atualy if u wil D/L da trailer from da site it wil clear a lot of things 4 u  ;D = i think dis thing is decided already (but we can always change  ;D)

Mission idea.  You are hanging out at Cartel HQ when there is an unexpected police raid.    You are doing your bit in the fighting when somebody tells you to go and see the boss.  You find him and he orders you to use the diversion of the firefight to eliminate one of his lieutenants.    The boss says that he has an agent inside the police who has told him that the lieutenant is a stool pigeon.  He can't be eliminated in the normal way because that would reveal the source in the police.    Naturally this lieutenant has, in the previous missions, been built up to be your best friend in the Cartel.      Four possible outcomes of course, either you shoot him or you don't, and he is really a stool pigeon or not.  (Perhaps the boss saw him as a rival and wanted him out of the way, the whole stool pigeon thing being a tall tale.)    Another possibility, its not a real order its just a test.  

i like da idea - but in da meantime da cartel wil b ruled by 5 ppl if im not wrong - we were thinkin bout makin a addons of ourselevs - (lcd cara,Asmo cara etc..)  ;D

Big question which I haven't seen discussed (may have missed it)    What is the ending going to be?  Do you get killed?  Take over the Cartel?  Take over both Cartels?    Does your girlfriend get killed and you retire, griefstricken, to raising tomatoes?  Do you see the error of your ways and destroy the Cartel?  You want the ending to be something less predictable than just "conquer the island".

we stil didnt decide but it should b good 1  ;D

This is a wonderful project, the trick will be not letting get out of hand.    Don't go overboard on mods - there will be enough creation and downloading as it is.  Probably best if you make sure that all the mods can be used in at least two missions.      And non-linearity is great fun but its a lot of work .... If you want an 8 mission campaign with every second mission having two possible outcomes (i.e. in the whole campaign the player gets four binary choices) that adds up to something like 30 missions unless some of the paths join up again.  

well ... we stil dont have a real plan in da meantime we stil makin da base scripts dat will make da campaign so good - but its top secret only 4 cartel members sry  ;D but i can promise u dis r a good scripts (i know im 1 of dose who r writin em  ;D  ;D)

LCD OUT

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #129 on: 20 Sep 2002, 03:40:59 »
Blimey I wasn't expecting a big reply like that!    I just wanted to throw a few ideas into the pot in case they helped.    Having about 8 main characters but you can speak to loads of dudes is a very cool way of doing it.     I wasn't applying to help out, I don't have time, but I'll do some beta testing when the time comes if you want me to.

« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2002, 03:42:53 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

asmodeus

« Reply #130 on: 20 Sep 2002, 04:08:42 »
Hey macguba!!

Thanks a lot!   :o  

A lot of really good stuff there!  Any and all hints, suggestions, facts, info and anything else is greatly appreciated!   ;D

You're right about the non-linear type of campaign being a pain in the rear...  That's ok though!  That's why this is gonna be the shiznit!  :thumbsup:  We'll probably be voting on that and deciding all the details soon...  It's gonna be a surprise (for the public) what we decide on this subject!   :P

Thanks again for your ideas!  Keep them coming everyone!   ;D

P.S.  You want us to tell you the ending??  No way!!  You're gonna have to beat it first!   :P   :-*

Kaliyuga

« Reply #131 on: 20 Sep 2002, 05:02:25 »
 Hmm.. I also think that the main character should have a girlfriend ;)  :-*  

God I don't know how I didn't think of that before, seriously!  ;D

Great ideas all around Macguba .... I'm sure you'll see at least a few of them in action...

I have some boring classes this semester so it gives me time in class to actually work on a whole plot/character/mission tree...and I actually got alot done today during English class as far as setting a rough mission outline based on the ideas we have so far...
  I'm still working on the plot as well.. feels like writing a book or something ...  maybe I can get a movie deal after this... lol . sell the screenplay or something ;D

Oh .. and I'll change my vote to brunette for the player character if the girlfriend is blonde.. ;)

Oh.. how about the strip club add-on :booty: like on the Soprano's?  ::)
I think I could 3D model a brass pole... lol  
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2002, 05:07:03 by Kaliyuga »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #132 on: 20 Sep 2002, 07:28:44 »
Hmm.. I also think that the main character should have a girlfriend    

God I don't know how I didn't think of that before, seriously!

damn u Kali   ;)  ;D  ::)

I'll change my vote to brunette for the player character if the girlfriend is blonde

u  r getin worse everytime nd dere is no revotin  :P :-*

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #133 on: 20 Sep 2002, 10:50:45 »
Yeah!   Brunettes rule!   ;D  heh...

I like the strip club idea Kali!  That'd be cool!  It'd be real hard to skin some skin though wouldn't it?  lol  Well, maybe it'd be easier??  I dunno...  

Maybe we should have a junkyard or some such place where they dispose of ex-investments too..   ;)

@LCD

u  r getin worse everytime nd dere is no revotin

Ha!  I say he's getting better!   :P   lol    

Maybe we'll have to compromise and make red or purple hair!   :P

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #134 on: 20 Sep 2002, 13:10:49 »
so da player wil have a girlfreind ? :o  ::) - u r getin worse 2 Asmo  :P

but here is a idea da player is 1 of dose who pain deir color every time nd it wil have som color hairs - blond/Brunette/red/pink/prpl/green  :o  ::)

LCD OUT