Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Everon Cartel  (Read 22340 times)

Waterman

Re:Everon Cartel
« Reply #90 on: 05 Sep 2002, 18:25:08 »
Hi there Asmodeus!
I have a banner that was created for me by a friend and I've put it at the bottom of my site. (Reason for this is that you can't change the existing title. :(

I will send you the files soon... :)

Your right about the cop idea...
How about when you move off the island the cops follow you in a boat(s) or something without you noticing at first? You just get to an island in the middle of the sea after dissposing of the cops boat(s), but with damage to your boat. You then have repair it or find a new one...(where your wee island that you said you where making could come in?) ???
Just brainstorming...

Waterman. 8)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #91 on: 06 Sep 2002, 04:18:23 »
 Yeah, funnily enough.. I was just mentioning to Asmodeus and LCD that I wanted to implement some sort of "tail" script so the player can have someone following them in one or more missions... like if you go in a certain area, an enemy or undercover cop, or snitch decides to follow you when you're detected... staying a safe distance behind..

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #92 on: 09 Sep 2002, 12:39:05 »
some other ideas...
Is it possible for a unit to detect whether or not he is in the player's field of view?

I'm thinking that if the "tail" is following the player, then perhaps if the player turned and he was in the player's view that he might do a number a number of scripted things...

he might:
a> Pretend he ISNT following and walk straight past without a glance, and then try to pick up the tail later

b> turn quickly into a building\another direction

c> panic!!! (ie. Stop and look around obviously)

or some others :)

That might add to the paranoia - with civilians obviously walking the streets and passing the player all the time.

Dan ;D

ps. Will send a beta of my mission over ASAP LCD (Just fine-tuning) (Intro is still buggered tho!) ;P

Waterman

« Reply #93 on: 09 Sep 2002, 19:56:33 »
Just seen your trailer today and I would like to say...

WOW! :wow: :wow: :wow:

Nice trailer there Asmodeus and the rest that helped work on it... I especially like where the lady runs and gets the gun and then... ooops, I've said too much.  Go and get it people! ;)

Waterman. 8)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #94 on: 09 Sep 2002, 21:01:46 »
@Dan:  I was thinking about implementing the "knows about command" or something to that effect to do just what you said... cause the "tail" to go to stealth mode, or setunitpos "down", or some other thing to avoid detection... also I want to add the option where if you decide to get in a vehicle, then the "tail" gets into the nearest vehicle to follow you ;)

asmodeus

« Reply #95 on: 10 Sep 2002, 02:51:06 »
Hey there Waterman!  

Thanks a lot!!   :o   ;D   LOL...  Yeah... I like it too.. I've watched it a lot.   ;)

Thanks for the compliments!   :)

Oh yeah, it was Kaliyuga that helped with it too.. (he started the camera script and I altered it from there with his help [this is my first time doing camera scripting])   ;)

@Kaliyuga and Zsa Zsa... Yeah, I like the idea of using the knows about command to create more realistic reactions for the tail..  That will be interesting to implement.   ::)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #96 on: 10 Sep 2002, 08:34:30 »
The music in the trailer was THE BEST! :P ;D It really was! I liked it. :) I was so amazed of the song that I installed all of my music editing programs today and started makig and editing songs. ;D Also gonna make some radio chatter on my nam mission. ;)

About the tail thing; Ya can detect the cop boat if it get's too close right? If right than that will be cool. ;D ;)

Hawk

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #97 on: 10 Sep 2002, 12:01:52 »
trailer?
what trailer?
Where can I get that from...?
Dan  ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #98 on: 10 Sep 2002, 20:24:47 »
hi every1  :) reportin from poland here  ;) i hop im not loosin very much - i think i wil try 2 script da tail like dat unles som1 make it b4 i comback  ;)

@ Asmo - is my scripts workin ? dey r da base  ;)

@ Kali - can i wen im back c da trailer nd try 2 c if it can make it beter  ;)  ;D

@ Zsa - waitin 4 ur mision  ;) keep da good ideas comin :thumbsup: BTW u can get da trailer from our site   ;D

@ Hawkins - nothin special 2 tel u  :-\  :-* but Hi  ;D

LCD OUT

P.S - u dont know wat r u loosin here  :P lot of blondes :wow:

"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Kaliyuga

« Reply #99 on: 11 Sep 2002, 03:51:22 »
@ LCD:  I thought all the blondes were in Sweden ?
         And I have a blockbuster trailer in the works that I may need some of your help on once you're back.. I did however get my hands on the ultimate camera script, so I think I might just manage...

@Everyone else: been having some modem problems at home so that explains the sporadic posts, but I hope to get that little problem solved soon

One question... say you are sent to a location, and once you get there things are terribly wrong, there has been a fire fight and everyone is dead....
Now.. would it be better to arrive and the police are already on the scene? Or.. you show up and the cops are right behind?

If it is scenario 1, then you would have to sneak in and destroy evidence at the crime scene
and if scenario 2 then you'd obviously get in a shoot out with officers arriving on the scene......

So any suggestions on that note would be greatly appreciated

Kaliyuga ... :toocool: :cheers: :dude:

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #100 on: 11 Sep 2002, 12:42:49 »
how about you go past the cops on the way and you have to delay them...?
(Hijack a bus and leave it across the road\something)

Then you could have either depending on how well you play...?

Dan  ;D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #101 on: 12 Sep 2002, 00:03:58 »
  Well the thing with that idea is that you'd have to know they were heading to the same spot you were in order to know to delay them somehow....

I want this to be more of a surprise.... like a straightforward mission of go here and pick something up, bring it back...
but once you show up you realize that things have changed... there are dead bodies around, blood splatters, etc...

:toocool:  

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #102 on: 12 Sep 2002, 14:24:35 »
@ Kali - ultimate ?  :o nothin is ultimate  :P u r usin oder ppl made scripts 2 do it ? im makin my own cam scripts not usin oder scripts  :P  :-* - we wil c wen im back  :-* - nd da blondes r in poland as wel  :P - i think its beter da sec scenario  ;D - i like shotouts  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Kaliyuga

« Reply #103 on: 13 Sep 2002, 04:28:04 »
Wow... 1000+ views on this thread now ;D :toocool:

just had to throw that out there ;)

anyways.. what I meant about the whole camera script thing Is that in my hands it will be the ultimate tool ;D  With you fixing my mistakes of course LCD ;)  :-*

Now.. anyone else want to weigh in on this question of mine?
Zsa Zsa and LCD your responses are duly noted of course...

Is it better to show up and have the cops already there, or have them show up slightly afterwards??

I actually have it where you show up and the cops do slightly afterwards right now. but it just doesn't feel right for some reason.
 I think one sticking point is the fact that you have no idea they're coming , so sometimes you'd just get straight blasted with no warning... :gunman:
 What do you think about me playing a siren as a music file when the police start heading to the town? I can fade in to give the doppler effect of increasing amplitude as distance decreases.    On a side note, just how the He!! do you get the police jeep's light to come on ? not the headlights, but the flashing one... I've seen it once, but I have no idea how it was done ;D

Ok.... so give me all those ideas... LOL... I want to see 2000+ views on this thread before we know it :toocool:

Waterman

« Reply #104 on: 13 Sep 2002, 18:20:17 »
The flashing light on the police car only comes on at night. :-\
It would also have been better if Bis had inclued a siren noise available through the action menu...

Might I ask how much of the campaign will be on Skye? I'm not after a definate answer, just an estimate...

On my island, I have created a small runway with a harbour beside it also.  Could be used for a drug smuggleing operation?

If it was possible if there was a police station, and a way to put it into Skye, then it could be used in a mission where you have a sniper rifle and you pick of some of the police guys?

Just some thoughts...

Waterman. 8)