Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Everon Cartel  (Read 22257 times)

Kaliyuga

Re:Everon Cartel
« Reply #60 on: 30 Aug 2002, 04:07:05 »
  Yeah ... makes sense you'd do that for versatility Quicksilver ;)  Just something that had slipped my mind to ask... so our players would have to be defined as east, but of course we wouldn't be limited to using east weapons ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #61 on: 30 Aug 2002, 04:55:36 »
and da oder cartel wil b west side ?

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Kaliyuga

« Reply #62 on: 30 Aug 2002, 05:28:43 »
Yeah.. LOL... looks like the sides have been chosen  ;D

So we'll need to have addon guys for both sides then East and West

Asmo and I were talking last night about finding some interesting animations to "freeze" guys in thus making them appear passed out and such... homeless guys huddled over a burning trash can  ;D or drunken/high  people passed out in places..
This would add to the umm atmosphere I guess you'd call it.. for the missions...

Also there are some nice looking sports cars coming out soon that would make nice vehicles for the cartel.. or for the player when they get higher up.. could be given as a gift.. or you have to kill someone and you take it... or someone could owe money.. give you the car.. and the boss says... eh.. go ahead and keep it.. I saw a pretty sweet looking corvette last night I think it was.. and there's a Jaguar out there somewhere I'm still looking for ... LOL ;D  (I'll find it LCD, just have to remember the dam site )

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #63 on: 31 Aug 2002, 21:47:27 »
And hey there Hawkins.. haven't seen you around too much since classes started.. glad to know you're still out there

Hey Kali! ;D Yep. Schools started and I got "drafted" to college. :P I went there on my own will but still. Hey that rhimes!! :D :P

To topic:
So ya guys are planning on making a site right? Where? Give us an address. :P
Also: When ya open the site, could you make a list of new things that will be in the campaign. Like units, islands... That kinda stuff. :) I'm a really big fan of the Cartel. :P Ya are all Goodfellas. ;D

Hawk

Kaliyuga

« Reply #64 on: 31 Aug 2002, 23:39:39 »
 Yeah I know how you feel there Hawkins... I'm taking 17 credits myself this semester.. I just started back this last monday. ;)

About the site... I've got a long weekend with the holiday Monday, so Asmodeus and I are shooting for getting the site up and running before I go back to school on Tuesday... providing that everything works as planned of course..  ::)
If not.. then the next weekend will be an alternate launch date...

We're also in the process of compiling a list of add-ons we will probably use in the campaign.. but the thing is that some of these addons will  be have to be modeled or textured by us.... this is another reason for collaborating with the Nogova Police Mod...  If we use alot of the same addons, then people will be able to play both mods without alot of extraneous addons... I mean if they're doing a great job on the modeling and such of law enforcment addons,which they are!!! (Quicksilver and @Cero are both doing great work on that mod).
 And actually looking around... there aren't too many addons that would be needed for the Cartel.. there are plenty of great sports cars that are already out, and tons more on the way (I'm waiting for that Aston Martin Vanquish V-12 to come out for my personal car, unless of course someone comes out with a Bentley convertable  ;D)
 About the only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be creating new units.. as it was mentioned somewhere up there, we will need our Cartel to be East, and a Rival Cartel that will be West.. the Nogova mod's police are classed as Resistance.  Oh and of course the LCD, Asmodeus, and Kaliyuga addons  :o And if oxygen goes public as all the talk seems to point towards, we will probably make a small addon pack which will contain various small items that are more for background or atmosphere ;)

Also... The Cartel would like to announce that we will be expanding our operations to Waterman's new island Skye... Expect a few screen shots to come... and Welcome to Waterman... the Cartels new WRPEditor

:cheers:

And oddly enough.. I do have a question for all of you to brainstorm some ideas on .....
It has been mentioned somewhere on this thread before..butt :booty:....

We have all these wonderful mission ideas coming together, and even a plot for all this stuff... but there is still one sticking point in my mind.... How does the player come to be a member of the Cartel??   Since the original idea has been expounded upon to now include "rising through the ranks" as it were now there has to be a reason for joining in the first place.... so here's what I have for ideas so far...
*Family member/significant other is already in the Cartel
*Family member/significant other  is already in the Cartel, dies, and you join to avenge them so to speak
*You are a small time dealer/criminal who unknowingly does a favor for the Cartel, thus gaining their attention.
*And for a strange one... how's about you're an undercover cop that is assigned to infiltrate the Cartel, but decide to defect when you see all the cash, drugs, and scantily clad women ;D
Of course, any other ideas would be appreciated, as well as any way to flush out those ideas that have been mentioned already... I'm leaning towards the third one myself.. but that one raises another question... what "favor" do you do the Cartel without knowing?  Murder? Theft? Blackmail?

Anyways.. once again .. welcome to Waterman , and keep those great ideas coming everyone :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2002, 23:44:23 by Kaliyuga »

Waterman

« Reply #65 on: 01 Sep 2002, 00:19:06 »
Thank you Kaliyuga! :)

About the Screenshots... go to the WRPedit section under the topic called WATERMANS ISLAND (believe it or not! ;))

Good idea about keeping the addons simular to the Police Mod.
It will help encourage people to download it when the MOD's finished.  Keep the ideas coming...(I like the strange one... ;) ;D)

----------------------
So LCD can understand... ;)

Bout' de screenies...go to de WRPedit sec. under de topic called WATERMANS ISLAND (believe it or not! ;))

Good idea bout keeping de addons similar to de Police Mod.
It will 'elp encourage peeps to d/l it when de MOD's finished.  Keep de ideas comin...(I like de strange one... ;) ;D)

Waterman. ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #66 on: 01 Sep 2002, 00:52:28 »
Yes yes...  The Site will be up soon!   :)  (Now I know a little bit of how Wolfsbane feels)   ;)   lol

I've got about 1/3 of it done at this point...  Like Kali said he and I are going to get it finished soon!

Welcome Waterman!  Great job on Skye!   ;D  We will be proud to use it in our campaign!

And like Kali said, we need you all to take a vote as far as the best and most believable way to become a member of the Cartel.  This is important as it is the basis for the plot and the main part of the first mission.   ;)  

Eiter way, it's all good.   :D

Power to the EC!

P.S.  Welcome back Hawk!   ;D

Frosty Slamander

« Reply #67 on: 01 Sep 2002, 06:18:20 »
Ahhh! The new EC topic and its on page 5! I gotta spend even more time on OFPEC!

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #68 on: 01 Sep 2002, 10:01:26 »
It would be cool if the player was an undercover cop and then will defect to the cartel. :D :P It would be (in my oppinnion) the best choice. ;) Then the cartel would know more about the police operations in their area, and could avoid them. ;D

Hawk
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2002, 10:02:12 by Hawkins »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #69 on: 01 Sep 2002, 14:23:17 »
Welcom back frosty slam  ;)  ;D

i think we can join som ideas 2gether (we r stil stickoin 2 da secret plan right ? ;D)

so here is 1

player is undercover cop dat gets 2 da cartel nd fell in love wid a member of da cartel nd after dat she gets kiled nd da player will defect to the cartel to avenge them so to speak
.   :beat: :toocool:

BTW  im goin on vication in Thursday - 4 a week nd im nor sure if dere wil b comps were im goin  :'( nd surly not OFP :'( so if dere is any special thing i need 2 doin d next week tel me  ;D

LCD OUT

Robbo

« Reply #70 on: 01 Sep 2002, 14:25:53 »
I was thinking that the player is a Drug Enforcement Cop and they had arrested the drug cartel leader, the drug cartel boss offers bribes to the player and later the player secretly accepts and during transport to a prison or something he kills some guards and drives the boss to a safehouse and joins the cartel.
Just my idea
Robbo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #71 on: 01 Sep 2002, 14:36:58 »
i was just thinkin again as a memmberof da commandin in da cartel  ;) here is som things dat a wais cartel leader wil never accept

1) join som1 dat take bribes - he can always b bribed back
2) join som1 dat he knows dat he is a cop - cuz he wil never know if da cop is stil workin wid da cops or not

so dere may b som probs wid da cop versions

LCD OUT

Waterman

« Reply #72 on: 01 Sep 2002, 14:38:46 »
Just to let you know that I put your names up on ma site like requested LCD! ;D
Get some good eary publicity in...
So you guys think the site will hopefully be up tomorrow then.  Do you want me to send a whole heap of pictures to you by email for the site? (whoever is making the site...)
Or could could just take some of your own...

I done some more today. More vegetation and sorting out some problems.  Planck also kindly sent me a wee .paa picture to go beside the name of the island. I'm going to check it out... :-*

P.S. Nice idea there Robbo...but maybe to origional.(I don't know?) ??? :)

Waterman. :)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #73 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:07:11 »
Sounds good Waterman .. keep up the good work, and you can send those pics over to my email addy if you want and I'll pass em on Asmodeus to see what we can use on the site ;D

LCD: Another vacation?  :o  LCD the world traveller.. Your mission is to relax and have fun before going back to school  this week.... Well.. maybe something else before thursday comes around.. LOL

Everyone keep those ideas coming ... sounds like some interesting stuff so far

Wolf

« Reply #74 on: 01 Sep 2002, 22:57:21 »
Whew!
That's one long thread
lol
I just finnished reading it.
WoW!
Right now I have only one thing to say in reguards to the campaign.
One problem with the cop joining would be that all law enforcement agents would know who you were, wouldn't they?
They'd have all that information on you already.
Just a thought.