Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed)[SP/AD] Fly Like An Eagle  (Read 24204 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: [SP] Fly Like An Eagle
« Reply #45 on: 16 Jun 2008, 16:00:21 »
I used 0-0-8.

Is it possible, that SLAs run to SF, but when they killed all SF, they returned to defend the POW camp?
Fix bayonet!

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #46 on: 17 Jun 2008, 00:57:56 »
Is it possible, that SLAs run to SF, but when they killed all SF, they returned to defend the POW camp?

Its possible. Some groups have "guard"-waypoint and few other even have waypoint in POW camp after the hill if I remember right.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #47 on: 17 Jun 2008, 13:09:35 »
hi G's
Its possible. Some groups have "guard"-waypoint and few other even have waypoint in POW camp after the hill if I remember right

any unit or group will help AI when set to guard W/P ,,,,, only 'hold 'W/P can make them stay.
and set skill level at half way,,,, it is all about dependencies on what you want them to do!
@SaOk dont smq,,, use pbo file,,,, things change once de-pbo it ;)
cheers schuler
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2008, 13:11:20 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #48 on: 18 Jun 2008, 09:48:19 »
OK. I could continue...

SaOK: forgot the space elevator: it was a standard ArmA gfx bug. When I reload the mission at the next day, there was a standard gate in the entrance of POW camp instead of space elevator wire...

Well, I spent an hour to run into camp, kill few, run back and wait. But finally I eliminate every SLA soldiers in the camp.
Liberate the POWs and equip the engineer by satchels. The we walk up to the hill to Eponia.
Few guards killed. And the we entered into the fenced area: two stupid SLA guard the fire and died.
My engineer removed my group and place the satchels and the rejoin again. I got radio messages and run like hell far from Eponia. But when I was in safe distance, I realize, I have to go back and wait for the huge SLA reinforcement. (I really don't undestand this: why HQ think, it's a good idea to defend a town by 3-4 prisoners (not fighting unit)? Why didn't they send me to an abandoned LZ place and extract me?
OK. I went back. But kill a few SLA soldiers in the way back to Eponia. In the first houses I halt my team and I infiltrate the center again. Pack a lot of mines and RPG to an old Skoda and place mines on the roads. Then drive back to my men and arm them with RPG.
My men was really stupid and amr procedure was very difficult: they running a mile around the town, becasue they couldn't reach the Skoda in the 2meter. :(
Once my running man found a last SLA and kill him and the a timer started.
I place my men and pump up the time. After 9 minutes the SLA attack us.
My men blow up one Shilka and I blow up a BMP. Then my men died and I was alone. I kill a lot of SLA soldier and destory one more BMP.
Now I'm in the town and there is no SLA infantry, but a Shilka (my objective) guarded by two T-72. I cannon leave the town, because the T-72s kill me, I cannot reach the Shilka, because it's far and no in visual.
It's a dead lock.

If I can destroy the two T-72s somehow and kill the Shilka, why I need airsupport? I eleiminate everybody and everything.
I need that airsupport now to eliminate two heavy tanks.

I guess I stop the mission, because I don't want restart from the begining.

Why that second Shilka go so far from the town? Why I have no chance to destroy it from cover?

I layed lot of mines on the North road from Eponia to back to POW camp, so it had to be destroyed, but it's intact... :(
I stucked in the town.
Fix bayonet!

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #49 on: 18 Jun 2008, 12:59:03 »
Eponia part was under construction/planning from the start so i wanted to include it. More realistic would be to hide in forest or withdraw silently to shoreline but I thought this would be more fun. Holding the city could feel quite hard at start but I have played it many times without dieing at all. One of the shilkas is very easy to shoot behind the houses after enemy infantry is low numbered. For second shilka you need to cross a field next to barn. Before that you need to destroy one T72 which could be shot behind the cover of the barn fences. After that you could easily shoot the shilka from bushes on the hill. Airsupport is needed because there is more enemy tanks coming after shilkas are gone. Those tanks are destroyed fast without player help.

Offline Marshall1FW

• Members
« Reply #50 on: 19 Jun 2008, 00:36:24 »
Hi!

I guess I should warn theres a minor spoiler coming... So I spent 5 hours on this mission, got to Eponia, fortified fenced area with tractor (awesome idea btw), destoyed AA's, then a Blackhawk and two Cobras came, one of them hit a T-72, and then i realised they are not gonna blow anything up anymore, so I took one dude from the team and we went BMP hunting... As I was busy dealing with tanks I didn't notice where 2 of cobras disappeared, but they were definately gone and that stupid Blackhawk just kept flying around... So I thought I'd kill all the SLA dudes by myself and now it says "Enemies left in eponia: 0" but still nothing happens... by nothing happens I mean I still got Hold and Destroy Shilkas objective and the blackhawk has no intention to pick me up... Do I have to do anything else?

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #51 on: 19 Jun 2008, 16:28:28 »
There should be other UH60 coming when enemycounter is close to zero. It have sometimes crashed to trees before reaching the Eponia but I thought i fixed it in latest 1.4 version. I have to check it again and see if i could do something. There should already be a simple mechanism in triggers to launch a "evac UH60"-script when counter goes down enough but something isnt working right sometimes.

Offline Striker

• Members
    • ArmA-RPG
« Reply #52 on: 20 Jun 2008, 11:44:16 »
Hmm this Mission sounds interesting... I give it a try :) I may give a review later.

And btw, hi im new here :D

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #53 on: 29 Jun 2008, 02:24:01 »
hi, hey iam kinda lost here. after the meeting with the SF's i try to heal at the enemy camp with the Med BMP but cant.
then i have a link in the briefing telling me to meet with Charlie, but that link doesnt work. and the SF troop just get wasted before they can set up for the assault to get the POW's.
the mission is sweet as up tell then :good:
cheers schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Striker

• Members
    • ArmA-RPG
« Reply #54 on: 29 Jun 2008, 14:00:07 »
By me, i need to kill all those soldiers with my 2 pilots so the SF doesnt die... and they are so slow approaching that they are really not helping.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #55 on: 02 Jul 2008, 05:53:51 »
Hi guys!

First of all: Thanks for the mission!! It definitely is one of the greatest missions, I played with ArmA!
Unfortunately I was not able to complete it... Read "Mission" for the cause.

Package:

- No picture in it, but I never gave much about some odd screenshots in the download. ;)

Overview:

- It's pretty cool, the citation lets you expect something terrible to happen in this mission...

Intro:

- Well, I would say, a little bit too much bombing. What a MESS!!! :) It's ok that they have a pact with Moscow, but... lol

Briefing:

- Good briefing! "Postal service yes / no" :D Great idea!!
- But I noticed a typo at the enemy forces section. The part with the coma.
- Another typo at the objective, where the engineer has to put the satchels ("If engineer dies. Get to the").

Mission:

- I loved the first part of it! I didn't fly chopper so much as far, so it was great for me!
- I loved the dialogs!! Especially the slang of the SF soldiers. Good work!
- At the dialog with the SF at the deserted camp there is a sentence that is lower than the others (volume). Not important, I just noticed it.
- Then, as already written here in the beta section, the SF team already is attacked before they reach their position... After 0-0-8 there does not come the promised "Boom", but after some minutes the unit is KIA. Maybe it is possible to make them take a better route for them not be detected too early, or something like that?
- The main force of the base really wasn't there anymore, when I approached the base, they seem to be have killed by the SF team. But, as said, already before the signal 0-0-8.
- HQ tried to contact the Zebra group (SF) a very long time after their last call (I think it was about 6-10 minutes). Shouldn't this happen right after the last call of the last SF unit?
- Ok, now comes the cause, why I couldn't finish or continue the mission. I set up the ambush at Eponia and the tanks came and after hearing that the air support would help, firstly I destroyed both Shilkas. So then the Cobra and also the BH came and circled over the village, whereas I searched for the remaining units. I guess the BH waited for me to kill all of them. But unfortunately, in the meantime of this, the BH got shot down by MGs or something. Only the cobra remained circling over Eponia (btw.: It ran out of munition and continued circling above -> one tank wasn't destroyed). But this way, with the BH destroyed, the evacuation was impossible. I tried to go to the BH to see if I could do something, maybe repairing it, but it was shot down out of the village so that I died (trigger) whilst trying to get there.

So sad, this went wrong... I whished I could have finished the mission, but it didn't work. But this mission really is a blast, it kept me fixed at the monitor all night long. Now I need some rest... Bye (and sorry for the confusing English [maybe]). See ya.
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #56 on: 02 Jul 2008, 12:24:37 »
Thanks for good review. :)

Evac chopper isnt the UH60mg flying over the Eponia. After enemy counter drops bellow 3 then the real evac chopper arrives (UH60 with missiles).

SF group shouldnt move to hill before 0-0-8 but they could encounter enemy patrol groups and some SLA soldiers responding from the hill. SF usually destroys bmp on that from distance before 0-0-8. I didnt plan the SF distraction to be absolute silent before the signal. Enemy just should become even more aggressive against SF when they get closer to the hill.

Btw. SF should often survive long if skills are set custom - enemy 0.5 and friendly 1.0
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2008, 12:28:00 by SaOk »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #57 on: 02 Jul 2008, 12:34:11 »
hi, hey iam kinda lost here. after the meeting with the SF's i try to heal at the enemy camp with the Med BMP but cant.
then i have a link in the briefing telling me to meet with Charlie, but that link doesnt work...

Healing at Med BMP's should work. I have used those many times. I'll fix that marker to next version. ;)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #58 on: 02 Jul 2008, 12:44:33 »
By me, i need to kill all those soldiers with my 2 pilots so the SF doesnt die... and they are so slow approaching that they are really not helping.

Have you set custom skills right? Its important than at least friendly AI is set custom to 1.0 (enemy 0.5 or somewhere near). I agree they are quite slow sometimes but it depends how fast player gets near to POW camp. Usually SF are ready when I get to POW camp bridge.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #59 on: 02 Jul 2008, 15:12:50 »

Evac chopper isnt the UH60mg flying over the Eponia.

Hi SaOk

Hm, there came no other UH60 to Eponia... Where should it get to? Is the LZ marked then?

After enemy counter drops bellow 3 then the real evac chopper arrives (UH60 with missiles).

It can take a long while until those 3 last enemies are found... For me, this was the case. Could it have something to do with the missing evac UH?

Greetings, Undeceived
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)