Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed)[SP/AD] Fly Like An Eagle  (Read 24208 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: [SP] Fly Like An Eagle
« Reply #30 on: 30 May 2008, 07:46:26 »
Intro: very imressive. Congrat!
At end of the intro is a little bit interesing, because I got the controll, so I can change the 1st person and 3rd person view. But it's OK. Oh and I really miss the subtitles. You know I don't understand everythin without subtitle...

Mission:
Still missing subtitle except the radio messages.
In the first second I almost hit the house front of me. I can avoid the crash only a quick manouver. But it was fine and exciting.
I headed to the target and the enemy shot me down. No problem, because I saved the game before die, so reload: I got a message 'You cannot play/edit this mission, it's dependent on downloadable content that has been delete.extended_eventhandlers'. It's a very interesting error message, because I usually got it if mission addon, but I can play this mission, only I cannot reload. (Oh, I play on 1.14). OK. I restart the whole mission and now I was stand on the starting position NOT IN the chopper, but under it and chopper hoovering over me without the pilot. OK. I quick and start the mission normally. Skip the intro. I fly there (orange smoke). Very atmoshperic radio chat! And in the landing manouver my rotors damaged. So I can land and I didn't hurt or wounded, but I cannot fly up again (because of damaged rotor). Restart again.

Now I can pick up the wounded and transport them to MASH. Then I fly to Dolores to pick up the SF guys. Great! I got subtitles. Thanks! The I headed to the pass. I'm a very weak pilote, but I can drive this chopper through the pass, and I turned to the North (and I didn't enter the no-fly zone), but I'm a weak pilote, so when I tried to not enter the no-fly zone, my chopper is fallen down. :(
I try the not Save but your saveGame to reload, but same error message. And then I give it up... :(
Did you have any idea why that message? If you solve it or help me solve this reload problem, I will continue.
Fix bayonet!

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #31 on: 30 May 2008, 08:17:39 »
About addon's:
Are you sure sandbag fix is necessary? I mean, 1.14 solved that sandbag problem.
Yesterday I remove that addon name from my missions' header and all work fine.

But what is your "extended_eventhandlers" addon?

To clear: when I test this mission, I use the sandbagfix addon. Just after it I got time to check my missions without this addon.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2008, 08:36:34 by bardosy »
Fix bayonet!

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2008, 14:52:55 »
But what is your "extended_eventhandlers" addon?

« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2009, 19:57:31 by savedbygrace »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 May 2008, 19:42:41 »
Mission dosent need that sandbag fix anymore. I removed it already in 1.1 version. And it shouldnt need any "extended_eventhandlers" addon.  I am going to test mission on 1.14 too if it is some new feature.

Offline nettrucker

• Members
  • Too young to die-OFP Campaign by TOY & nettrucker
« Reply #34 on: 30 May 2008, 21:01:49 »
Hi SaOk
you should check once again your addon folder. If the extended eventhandler addon caused an error message to appear than most probably you had the addon in the folder during the last save mission and then maybe removed it. The mission.sqm must be checked. The sandbag fix must be removed from the sqm note that they are most probably listed twice. Under addons and addonsauto  . . . both has to be deleted. save the sqm reload the mission in the editor save once again than export to singlemission. That should work.
cheers
nettrucker :yes:

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #35 on: 31 May 2008, 18:52:05 »
@ nettrucker i do believe is right  :good:
delete them like he said,,, if you dont get it post back
cheers schuler  ;)
Semper Fi

Offline nettrucker

• Members
« Reply #36 on: 31 May 2008, 21:22:39 »
I forgot to mention that it's not enough to cancel the sandbagfix in the mission itself but it must be done also in the intro - outrowin and outrolose classes because there it's listed too. Once you removed the sandbagfix from each class then proceed as I pointed out in my former mail and it works.
By the way the mission is fantastic great job you did. I'm still playing it.
cheers
nettrucker :D

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #37 on: 01 Jun 2008, 03:27:47 »
nettrucker Detective work mate  ?

off topic ;;;;;
just had a look at your myspace  :good:
Semper Fi

Offline nettrucker

• Members
« Reply #38 on: 01 Jun 2008, 11:06:14 »
Hi SaOk

I am going to test mission on 1.14 too if it is some new feature.

it's not a new feature of patch 1.14. I checked my vanilla addon folder no trace of the eventhandler pbo. Therefore I suppose that you had this addon in your folder when doing the last mission save before exporting to single player. But as I told you this can be fixed quite easily. Just "seach and destroy" in the mission.sqm.LOL :D
cheers nettrucker :good:

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #39 on: 01 Jun 2008, 12:32:23 »
Sqm looks fine - i dont find any trace of eventhandler or sandbagfix. Intro and OutroWIN are checked too. And it looks that mission works still good for me on 1.14. Some have had problems with savegames earlier too in my previous mission "Camp Mercalillo" but i am afraid that i dont know how to fix that.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #40 on: 02 Jun 2008, 07:41:29 »
SaOK: I downloaded your mission from the first post's link. Maybe it's an older version. Where can I DL the new one?
Fix bayonet!

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 Jun 2008, 10:24:59 »
SaOK: I downloaded your mission from the first post's link. Maybe it's an older version. Where can I DL the new one?

All links should give the same version. In readme it says version 1.4

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #42 on: 05 Jun 2008, 18:01:33 »
trying to get to the POW's,,,, is like put anther quarter in the juke box baby!   :scratch:
what am i doing wrong ,,,, i love hard missions cant get this one!
cheers schuler 
what does 0-0-8 do! them troops never backed my up and i wait and tryed different things
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2008, 18:06:12 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #43 on: 16 Jun 2008, 08:09:07 »
I'm at the entrance of POW as schuler and I can't get in... I guess it's an unlimited SLA support? I killed at least 30-40 SLA but they just come and come, like the Russians.

Oh, and I found something weird. In that entrance (back entrance) there is a "space elevator". I mean a very thin wire up to the sky. It's interesting...
Fix bayonet!

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 Jun 2008, 15:49:29 »
SF group is ready to attack from the forest near the target hill when 0-0-8 comes visible. Some of the POW camp guards move to the hill when SF have been spotted and there is enemy wave coming from Eponia too. If you dont use 0-0-8 then there will be more enemy holding the camp and more coming from almost every direction but there isnt unlimited SLA support.

I have to check if i found that wire in the sky but i have spotted some flying gate bars too which i dont know how to fix.