Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed)[SP/AD] Fly Like An Eagle  (Read 24503 times)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Saved game here without an AT weapon to help with shikias. Might have to restart and play from last auto load for fun.

There is an AT weapon in one of the ammocrates at compound. ;)

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
i kinda wanted to play in normal too, but as i have come this far in hard i'll keep going. ammo crates or a dead soldier
Semper Fi

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP/AD] Fly Like An Eagle[Please Review]
« Reply #77 on: 22 Jun 2009, 18:50:08 »
Hi Gielovic!

I tried to download that mission, but the filefront link does not lead me to the file. Would you care to update it?

Cheers

Mathias

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #78 on: 22 Jun 2009, 20:40:21 »
Seems like the filefront have deleted it.

Mission would be ready for reviewing now. I am not planning to update it anymore if there isnt something really wrong. Hopefully my mission projects in ArmA2 will be more flowing. This mission required endless fighting with AI problems and weird bugs. But I think it finally became quite enjoyable. Hopefully Sahrani will be converted soon to ArmA2 so I can port this to it.  :)

EDIT:removed link
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2009, 19:51:21 by savedbygrace »

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #79 on: 29 Jun 2009, 20:22:42 »
Hi SaOk!

I am sorry to report, but the armaholic download does not work either.  :dunno:

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #80 on: 29 Jun 2009, 21:03:27 »
Thank you for reporting it. :)

EDIT: Link is in the first post now
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2009, 20:05:23 by savedbygrace »

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #81 on: 08 Jul 2009, 23:28:30 »
I took this up for review and encountered critical bugs.

The mission is perfect up to the point where you enter Eponia and begin killing enemies. You get a radio message that the SF team has been ambushed, and only one of them survives. I did not remember the location of the SF operator because I was in a firefight.

However, the Briefing was not updated. Also, when I was at the abandoned compound, nothing happened (I expected a cutscene about me handing over the Satchels to the engineer). I had no clear instructions as to WHAT I should blow up exactly, so I went to rig the truck and the ammo in the courtyard and got some distance to it.

The objective about blowing up Eponia did not tick off either. Afterwards, I went to the evac point, but unsurprisingly, nothing happened there as well.

Please look into it, this mission is absolutely stunning up to this point. Oh, and do you think you could provide me with some debug fix that lets me start right afterwards the POW camp?This would save time and nerves, since it is a long and hard mission that is perfect all the way up to that point.

Cheers

Mathias

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
i can run though this one, to help you and the Author. i will see if i can get the doppelganger;;;
its a good play
Semper Fi

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
hello mathias_eichinger,

sorry for late response - I just got back from holiday trip but you seem to have the old version. Newest version shouldnt have that radiochat for sf group and player dosent need to find satchels for engineer (SF visits the compound and set the charges). New version also have totally new forest cutscene with footage inside of tent if you saw that.
Where you downloaded the mission? or have I managed to upload the old one. :S

I will test the uploaded file and report back soon.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
I think the link on the first post was from the link you provided from armaholic. Theirs may have been the old version.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Nope, the link in the first post leads to a Filefront download, but it is still version 1.65 as the current one.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
1.65 is the latest version. You can see to have it when difficulty selection is displayed when the mission (playable part) starts. I checked the download link and it seems to have the right file in it.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP/AD] Fly Like An Eagle [Review in Progress]
« Reply #87 on: 19 Jul 2009, 16:26:05 »
Hey SaOK!

I have discovered that the version in the first post is obviously outdated, whereas the one a few posts up from you answer it the current one. However, it is customary for OFPEC to always update the first post with the current version.

Right now I am impressed, and the only thing not working is the "prepare defenses" part, where you have to move the fences (or sandbags?) with the tractor, a feature that does not work.
This does not distract from the overall great experience anyway.

If you want, I can write a review very soon, else we can discuss the "tractor and fence" problem further.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #88 on: 19 Jul 2009, 17:04:32 »
First post link should lead to same file as my post since there isnt other versions of this mission in my filefront account (or filefront is bugging). However first post have had broken links sometimes - sorry for that.

Tractor should work quite good (for moving the wires) but it seems to bug sometimes (I have tried to make it more stable many times but something is still breaking easily). But it isnt a key feature and I dont want to fight with it anymore so I will leave it as it is now. ;)

I cant wait to read the review - Thank you for reviewing the mission. :)
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2009, 17:21:54 by SaOk »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #89 on: 20 Jul 2009, 13:23:27 »
Tractor should work quite good (for moving the wires)
i hope you dont mind me saying i found it a bug too ,,,but only because its unclear and quick,  :scratch:
and i willl stay out of the subject as it can be overlooked ;) i will stay out of the beta testing, this ones up for review :)
Semper Fi