Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 92531 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #60 on: 07 Apr 2008, 11:43:32 »
I do not plan to add artillery to the console, as current options cover pretty well any attack requirement needed for any mission. Artillery is also bit unfair, as you cannot defend yourself against an artillery attack. Current attack options always give the enemy a defense option, even the cruise missiles can be intercepted.

On the other hand, the evac option might be interesting. With a predefined destination per side (your primary camp or base)?

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #61 on: 07 Apr 2008, 16:04:30 »
Sorry m8 you misunderstud me i wasn't asking you to do artillery, leave that to the CoC (Chain Of Command) guys.  You've done enough  :good:

But yeah a predefined destination for evac would work definatly.  Maybe tie it to a marker so the mission maker can place the destination where they want.  TBH aslong as i can say the imortal Arnie words "GET TO THE CHOPPER", and it gets me out of a hot area.  Its all good.... :D

Offline Camious

• Members
« Reply #62 on: 10 Apr 2008, 22:56:12 »
Mando this is great but need some help i have managed to change plane type to AT_A10_NAP but cant change bomb type i have done the hint format and cant find the Bo_GBU12_LGB that you use on any of the planes i get 6Rnd_GBU12_AV8B and for the bomb of the A10 i want to use it says AT_6Rnd_MK77_AV8B which is the Rockeye and the planes just fly over and drop nothing please help and great work look forward to more. :)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #63 on: 10 Apr 2008, 23:19:22 »
Stock ArmA weapons and ammos

6Rnd_GBU12_AV8B is the magazine Classname (the ammo launcher), what you need for a bomb is the ammo classname (the ammo itslef), "Bo_GBU12_LGB" for the AV8B.

In you case, "AT_6Rnd_MK77_AV8B" seems again a magazine class name, what you need is the class name of the ammo of that magazine, which I assume is documented with your A10 addon.

If you dont have that info, add an A10 piloted by you to a map, and put:
Code: [Select]
this addEventHandler ["Fired", {hint format["%1", _this]}]into its init field.

Then drop the desired bomb and note the last string of the hint, that should be your bomb's name.

Offline Camious

• Members
« Reply #64 on: 11 Apr 2008, 19:51:13 »
Thx M8 your a star works a treat :)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #65 on: 12 Apr 2008, 12:29:45 »
Dev update, what's comming next:
- Cruise missile saturation attacks (requires mando missile): The support area is scanned looking for vehicles, static weapons and ships. Then the cruise missile launcher selects up to four targets and fires 2 missiles per target in sequence. The cruise missiles might be intercepted if the enemy has anti-missile capable launchers or mando guns. This will be a quite powerful option working together with air reconnaissance missions once ArmA gets some serious naval fleets.

- Ingress arc limits: Now you can define limits for ingress direction, for example, any air support mission might ingress only from East, beteen 45 and 135 degrees, and so on. If you dont define limits, the missions may ingress from any direction.

-  Evac missions: You can call for evac, a chopper will aproach and land at the marked position, it will wait until you give the egress command from the console, then the chopper will go to the position of a marker, where it will land and wait again for a new evac call.

Offline Camious

• Members
« Reply #66 on: 12 Apr 2008, 15:18:36 »
The update looks great and look forward to it.
Can you help me again please i have now got the cluster bomb being dropped by my A10 but the problem is the bombs drop hit the floor but dont explode i have tried it at different heights but same thing :confused: When i use the A10 myself and drop the MK20 it explodes strange sorry to be a pain again but thanks for your help.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #67 on: 12 Apr 2008, 15:38:25 »
Well, if you are using bombs that dont explode when hitting the ground, I cannot help you with that. You might try with the author of that addon with the Mk20 bombs.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #68 on: 27 Apr 2008, 15:31:33 »
Hey Mandoble, just a quick question.  Can i have the console come up for certain units in the mission but not others?

i.e.  I have 3 guys named JTAC1, JTAC2, JTAC3.

JTAC1 addAction ["Air Support Console", "mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

Thats fine for the one guy, can it be changed to allow the others aswell??

Cheers...

EDIT1: Also would it be possible to have the action show up in a certain type of vehicle?

« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2008, 15:36:03 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #69 on: 27 Apr 2008, 16:52:02 »
New 1.5 version available.

New items added for the console in v1.5:
- Everything is now into mando_bombs folder.
- Call for evacuation: Select a destination and a chopper will aproach to the support position, land and wait for cargo, then it will proceed to the destination. You may also use this option over water, the chopper will descend to water level so "swimmers" will be able to board it and then be transported to anywhere else in the map.
- Reconnaissance camera control. If a reco plane is in-flight, click RC ON button to take control of its camera. You may use the camera also to mark map positions.
- Cruise missile manual guidance (requires Mando Missile). If a cruise missile is in-flight, click RC ON button to take manual control.
- Cruise missile saturation attack (requires Mando Missile). The missile launcher will scan the target area and will fire against up to four target, 2 cruise missile in sequence per target. Option mainly designed to penetrate anti-missile protected areas.
- mando_bombs.sqf updated, now the attack planes have less chances to lose the sight of the assigned target.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2008, 17:01:50 by Mandoble »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #70 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:32:32 »
hi mate
will all players on server need the missiles addon ?

great job
many thanks  ..
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2008, 10:47:29 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #71 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:53:14 »
If you want to use Mando Missile options you may choose: use the script suite (the folder) or the addon (one or the other). So, if you dont want to make your mission dependant of any addon, just use the script version.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #72 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:54:17 »
ok mate ..

i will do   ...   great script

edit
-----
i  can now  get the cruise missile option on console  using the script suit  but i have no launcher present .

i have the

launcher_land
launcher_air
launcher_sea  units in editor  ..  what am i missing .  ???

« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2008, 21:03:39 by shark attack »

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #73 on: 28 Apr 2008, 20:34:34 »
Double check the initialisation in the init.sqf Shark, make sure its pointing to the mando_bombs folder.

Also you've prob done this but make sure there is a RHIB boat in the sea named "rhib1".

That was my problem anyways :)

Mandoble (or anyone), could this be added to a certain vehicle class? rather than a named unit.  e.g only a "Stryker_TOW"  could call the script.  This might solve the issue with a respawning vehicle.

Cheers for any help...
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2008, 20:37:16 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #74 on: 28 Apr 2008, 21:03:01 »
indeed
i was  lacking the rhib1 unit ..  thanks mate ...
---------------------------------------------------------
this is a fantastic  set up   ...

having probs playing sounds ( will get there )    but  this is  something else
the Cruise missiles  and reccon flights with remote camera/control options  are breath taking

one question ?
----------------------
why havn t BIS employed this guy Mandoble  ?
or have they ?

great work  mate  ..  long may it continue

oh  and thank you   :)