Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 92702 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #45 on: 28 Mar 2008, 13:41:27 »
And what kind of bomb pattern are you looking for?
- left pilon -> small delay -> right pilon -> small delay -> left pilon -> small delay -> right pilon?
- left and right pilons -> small delay -> left and right pilons?

Note that dropping bombs while flying over 600 km/h means any small delay between bombs will place the next one 20m or more ahead of the previous one.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #46 on: 29 Mar 2008, 00:37:30 »
Hmm. I see. Perhaps I'll do without the extra ones then.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #47 on: 01 Apr 2008, 21:05:45 »
New 1.3 version available.
Added gunships support, airborne assaults and if your mission has Mando Missiles, also cruise missile attacks. In this last case spawned planes and choppers are equipped also with automatic countermasure dispensers.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #48 on: 03 Apr 2008, 03:43:37 »
Mandoble what can i say, this has evolved way beyond "that fast air script" i asked about :)   Fantastic mate, appreciate all the work you are doing to make a great game, a truly remarkable game.

Now that i've got your attention  :D

I've noticed that when calling in gunships they actually can engage from some distance (which is great).  The problem is they tend to run into target then flare horribly allowing easy bracketing by enemy armour etc.  Would there be a way you could maybe make them hold position a couple of k's out for a while, so they can engage before moving in close?

Once again.... cheers fella! :cool2:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #49 on: 03 Apr 2008, 10:53:36 »
Do you mean that attack choppers aproach to much to the target area before enganging targets?

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #50 on: 03 Apr 2008, 11:39:36 »
Yeah i guess you could say that, having them engage from a bit further out would be good. Just so they are out of range (or at least not brought down so easily by armour coax fire.  At the moment they come  that fast, by the time they have engaged they are flaring to hover and are easy targets.

(Hope that makes sense)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #51 on: 03 Apr 2008, 12:33:14 »
ok, I've got the idea.

To avoid that you may just select as GS support position a place 200 or 300m away of the area where the enemy armour is. This way the choppers might have more chances to fire first.

You might also do the following just for testing:
- open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf
- Look for case "CALL_CAS_CA":
- Few lines below, look for _wp = _group addWaypoint [_targetpos, 0]; and change it by:
Code: [Select]
_wp = _group addWaypoint [[(_targetpos select 0)+sin(mando_ingress_dir)*200,(_targetpos select 1)+cos(mando_ingress_dir)*200], 0];

that will place the SAD waypoint 200m away of the marked support position and in the ingress direction.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #52 on: 04 Apr 2008, 00:36:09 »
Yeah, i've put that in mandoble, and added with calling support at least 300 meteres away, they seem to come to a hover at a distance engage with mavericks then move in.  Pretty much spot on  :good:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #53 on: 04 Apr 2008, 00:52:00 »
Air reconnaissance missions are being added there too  ;)

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #54 on: 04 Apr 2008, 03:01:11 »
How will that work then? or is that a secret for now  ;)

I know other people are working on UAV stuff, but a simple overhead camera (maybe with some resource cover to make it look good) and the background of engine noise. Would be cool.

Anyways cant wait.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2008, 03:04:47 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #55 on: 06 Apr 2008, 12:26:18 »
new 1.4 version available.

Offline Nexolate

• Members
  • The lurking S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #56 on: 06 Apr 2008, 21:06:42 »
I just had a quick try and I have to say it's extremely impressive, especially when you send 6 or so helicopters flying into one area on slightly varying attack angles.

If I had to suggest an improvement, I could only suggest adding a smoke and/or flare to the ammo-crates as they go down.
Just to make it easier to identify them and where they've landed (in case they go over a hill).

Otherwise I'm gob-smacked, simply spectacular work.
You'll only notice me when it's too late.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: 06 Apr 2008, 21:28:39 »
The enemy would see that green smoke too, think on MP  ;)

Offline Nexolate

• Members
  • The lurking S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #58 on: 06 Apr 2008, 21:32:58 »
The enemy would see that green smoke too, think on MP  ;)

Ah, fair point. I've only been doing SP Missions these days so my brain's kinda stuck in that mode.
I've got nothing at all then, you should be proud. ;P
You'll only notice me when it's too late.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #59 on: 06 Apr 2008, 23:25:32 »
Fantastic as always Mandoble, all we need now it some CoC artillery, n we'd have a complete fire support system.

The only niggle i have is that when using CAP in northern sahrani, the harrier's sometime fly a bit low ive had the odd one crash.  Maybe its just me....

Edit 1.  Just had a thought Mandoble, i can only imagine how much time you've spent on this already.  But the one thing i personally and im sure others have wanted, is for some kind of extraction script.  i.e a BH or whatever can fly into an LZ of your choice and actually wait for you etc, preferably the ability to do this under fire without acting stupidly or maybe some kind of MEDEVAC, i dunno im just ideas lol.

Dont take this the wrong way tho m8, i like everyone else am amazed at the scripts as they are.

Cheers...
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2008, 04:39:23 by Shadow.D. ^BOB^ »