Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 92928 times)

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #120 on: 20 Jun 2008, 06:23:34 »
Mandoble, Great job on this set of scripts I use it all the time, but one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how would you go about changing the script mando_bombs.sqf to have a jet that spawns and not a pre-existing one? I'm making a SP mission where there are random flyovers every few minutes taking out predefined targets, just as a little immersion. I'd like to basically have the same effect as mando_basic_bombrun but without the mapclick, as I'm going to put in the exact coordinates so the player just watches the airstrikes, not having anything to do with them. Thanks a lot.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #121 on: 20 Jun 2008, 12:56:52 »
Just exactly the same as with existing planes. When you spawn a plane you have it in a local variable resulting from createVehicle, just use this variable the same way you use the globals defined for the name of planes already placed in the editor.

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #122 on: 21 Jun 2008, 00:44:59 »
Mandoble,

I cant get the laser strike to target the reconnisance designated points.

Is there any way to fix this.

(the plane just does a flyover and the only radio message is that MCC on)

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #123 on: 21 Jun 2008, 01:09:56 »
greetings,

how do i change the back round from that bright green to normal looking?

thank you  :)

« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2008, 01:13:38 by loki72 »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #124 on: 21 Jun 2008, 01:41:49 »
I cant get the laser strike to target the reconnisance designated points.

There is not such a thing like reco designated points, but the designated point, which the one you designate manually with the reco camera.
- Select a target position and call for reconnaissance.
- Turn on manual camera control clicking the RC ON small button near the small camera square.
- Now you can move the camera and zoom in/out at will, to designate a target leftclick your mouse when the camera is pointing to the desired spot. The camera will keep pointing there.
- Now, using the right panel, call for a laser support selecting as support point somewhere near the position where your camera is pointing at.
- Do not turnoff or unlock the reco camera until the attack is finished, else the laser support planes will lose the lock on the position.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #125 on: 21 Jun 2008, 01:42:29 »
how do i change the back round from that bright green to normal looking?

Are you talking about the map?

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #126 on: 21 Jun 2008, 02:03:58 »
yes sir  :D

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #127 on: 21 Jun 2008, 02:08:49 »
Here you will find the default map colors.

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #128 on: 21 Jun 2008, 03:13:18 »
whoot!,

brightness gets to me after a while...

here is what i ended up with..

i'll take this opportunity to ask the other 2 questions that have giving me trouble for a while.

1. where is the code to make the back round (black area)  transparent? or maybe 60%..
2. is there a way to loosen the "line of sight" restrictions?

thanks again
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2008, 04:23:03 by loki72 »

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #129 on: 21 Jun 2008, 06:31:24 »
Mando,

Now i understand.  I would have a recon go through mark various points and fly off b4 calling in the strike thanks.

Say, for the console 1.56/1.6 do you think you would be able to make the recon like a seagull cam and would be ably to pan the cam while disgnation or, be able to track units while designating?  :D

To plug EMSI's UAVs and its command pinning a cam to his uavs for recon camera.

However i hav been looking at the script and was wondering off of that if there was any way to tell whether the cam was locked or not in a script so a bomb could follow the point? 

Ah sorry for being talkative here, I would always try to script basic stuff and just seeng how you can whip out all these scripts is so amazing.
Anyway thanx for the feedback.

Luke

Edit: Mando, are you to include a HARM strike option for those of us with a burning hatred of those pesky antimissile sams?
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2008, 07:33:39 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #130 on: 21 Jun 2008, 07:59:07 »
With first question, do you mean to lock the camera onto a moving object in the ground? mmm Im starting to like the idea  ;)
About having anti-radar missions, I will think about that. It might be a risky option, as it might umbalance any mission with SAMs here and there. Actually, anti-radar missions (anti-radar mando missile option) was designed mainly for players and using relatively short range HARMs, not for AI. The reason is the following, if the HARM has longer range than the SAM, the anti-radar AI will kill the SAMs all the time. If the SAM has longer range than the HARM, the SAM will kill the anti-radar AI all the time too, doesnt matter how many countermeasures the anti-radar plane have because he will need to proceed with a direct head-on attack and countermeasures are useless when the plane is always closer to the missile than the countermeasure pack.
If you use long range HARMs, then you might need to use a mando missile center vehicle for the enemy, also controled by a player. In this case the player controling the mando missile center has several friendly AI SAMs under his command, and he may order them to turn on/off their radar at will, so he really have tools to set up an ambush even against anti-radar enemy planes. But AI cannot take this kind of decissions, hence the fact that actually the anti-radar warfare is more a matter for players than AI alone.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #131 on: 21 Jun 2008, 08:02:25 »
1. where is the code to make the back round (black area)  transparent? or maybe 60%..
2. is there a way to loosen the "line of sight" restrictions?

1. What black area, the black area of the right panel console?
2. Yes, it can be done, but then you will be able to spy any place over the map, which is not quite fair for the poor enemy, much less having 999 missile saturation attacks left like in your case  :P

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #132 on: 21 Jun 2008, 08:11:27 »
 :whistle:
lol... oops

well as you can see.. i'm not about being fair to the enemy.

yes.. the right panel console.. my dialog lingo.. is nada.. please forgive.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #133 on: 21 Jun 2008, 08:29:18 »
Code: [Select]
   class COMMAND_BACKGROUND
   {
      type = 0;
      colorBackground[] = {0, 0.1, 0.3, 1};
      colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
      text = ;
      idc = 23933;
      style = 80;
      sizeEx = 0.015;
      font = "Bitstream";

x = 0.75;
      y = 0.0;
      w = 0.25;
      h = 0.7;
   };

But believe me, you dont want to make it semitransparent.

Offline Luke

• Members
« Reply #134 on: 21 Jun 2008, 22:50:20 »
With first question, do you mean to lock the camera onto a moving object in the ground?

Yes, I do.

About having anti-radar missions, I will think about that. It might be a risky option, as it might umbalance any mission with SAMs here and there. Actually, anti-radar missions (anti-radar mando missile option) was designed mainly for players and using relatively short range HARMs, not for AI. The reason is the following, if the HARM has longer range than the SAM, the anti-radar AI will kill the SAMs all the time. If the SAM has longer range than the HARM, the SAM will kill the anti-radar AI all the time too, doesnt matter how many countermeasures the anti-radar plane have because he will need to proceed with a direct head-on attack and countermeasures are useless when the plane is always closer to the missile than the countermeasure pack.

When i am being targeted by a sam/gun, You have a setup to display on the screen a warning.

Could you possibly have a setup where a computer notes that it has been targeted by a HARM and give it a definable reaction time to shut off?

Plus, if the sam had antimissile capabilities, it could potentiallly blow the HARM out of the sky well before it rechied the sam site, like how an antimissile sam may defend itself against a missile saturation attack.

Just ideas that float my boat/into my head.

Glad you liked my suggestion and thanks, as always for the feedback!

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.