Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 118734 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #360 on: 05 Jan 2009, 16:48:11 »
2.35 final is now quite close. This is a small dev update.
- New HUD targets representation.
- HUD Lock is broken if angle between sensor and target is greater than a configurable value.
- You may use virtual weapons or/and real weapons for both, HUD and TV camera systems.
- Up to six potential targets supported on HUD display.
- BVR lock and track capability added to the HUD targeting system.
- New HUD colors.
- TV Camera missiles can be configured as fire and forget or not, if not you cannot break the lock while the missile is inflight to select a different target.
- TV Camera sensor can be configured as present or not. If present, potential targets will be marked on the camera display, if not, you will need to locate the targets visually (this doesnt affect to remote targets).

MMA 2.35, ArmA getting closer to Falcon 4 (watch in hi quality)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #361 on: 06 Jan 2009, 22:19:24 »
Update Jan 6 2009

Attached to the first post of this thread you will find MMA235_teaser.Intro.zip, which is a teaser of MMA 2.35B new HUD system. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

All mando missile functionalities not used in the teaser demo have been removed to save space.
The new mando_missilevehicle3.sqf HUD handler present in the demo will be heavily modified before 2.35 final verions to allow the customization of several hardcoded parameters in a similar way as current 2.35 TV systems.

MMA 2.35 teaser video, Falcon 4 style

Example video of MMA 2.35B

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #362 on: 07 Jan 2009, 04:41:16 »
Wow this looks amazing
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #363 on: 10 Jan 2009, 12:47:57 »
MMA 2.35 help doc is not even started, meanwhile, find here the list of new customization vars used by the camera systems (\mando_missiles\tv\tv_types\ scripts):

\mando_missiles\tv\tv_types\mando_tv_hellfire.sqs used as example.
Code: [Select]
;Text that will be shown in the bottom of the camera with a description of the system
mando_tv_info       = "AGM-114 AG Missile"   
; Camera position in vehicle model coordinates, this argument is passed from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf
mando_tv_cam_pos    = [_camerapos select 0,_camerapos select 1,_camerapos select 2]
; Missile idx, pased from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf. If < 0, then it is an existing weapon idx -1 in negative, for example, for real weapon idx 2 the value would be -2 -1 = -3. For non existing weapons just use an idx >= 0 (each missile system in a vehicle must have a different idx)
mando_tv_missileidx = _missileidx
; Background color [R,G,B,A] for the camera, parameter specified in mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf
mando_tv_backcolor  = _backcolor
; Target types array for this camera system ("Air", "Ships", "Vehicles", "REMOTE" and/or "RADAR")
mando_tv_target_types = [];
mando_tv_target_types = mando_tv_target_types + _targettypes;
; Required maximum angle in degrees between screen center and a potential target to lock on it.
mando_tv_ang_to_lock = 1
; Vehicle that has the camera system
mando_tv_plane = vehicle player
; Switching between auto/semi-auto/manual guidance modes not allowed (true / false)
mando_tv_no_manauto = false
; Switching between remote and local target acquisition modes not allowed (true / false)
mando_tv_no_remloc = false
; Initial acquisition mode REMOTE (true / false)
mando_tv_remote = false
; Initial guidance mode MANUAL (true / false)
mando_tv_man = false
; Fire and forget missile? (true / false). If false, the lock must be kept until missile impact, else the missile will fail
mando_tv_faf = false;
; Initial angle of the camera, pased in camera array from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf
mando_tv_init_ang = _camerapos select 3
; Maximum angle of the camera, pased in camera array from mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf
mando_tv_max_ang = _camerapos select 4
; Weapon type: "MISSILE" or "GUN"
mando_tv_wtype = "MISSILE"
; Is the camera showing potential targets (green squares)? (true / false)
mando_tv_sensor_rects = true
; Detectable area width in front of the camera (doesnt matter for remote targets)
mando_tv_sensor_rng_w = 1000
; Detectable area length in front of the camera (doesnt matter for remote targets)
mando_tv_sensor_rng_l = 3000
; Firing position in model coordinates sent by mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf (doesnt matter if missile idx < 0, using onboard existing weapons)
mando_tv_firing_pos = [_launchpos select 0, _launchpos select 1,_launchpos select 2]
; Weapon lenght (applies in most cases for guns)
mando_tv_weapon_length = 0;
? ((count _launchpos) > 3): mando_tv_weapon_length = _launchpos select 3
; Fixed firing angle (relative to vehicle direction) if >= 0, else the missile will be fired direclty aiming at the target
mando_tv_init_dir = _fixeddir
; Ammo based (applies if missile idx < 0, using oboard weapons): "MissileBase" or LaserBombCore"
mando_tv_ammo_base = "MissileBase"
; Minimum delay between fires sent by mando_mccallow_by_name.sqf or mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf
mando_tv_firing_delay = _scanstoload
; Weapon used (if no existing weapon, "")
mando_tv_weaponname = "HellfireLauncher"
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2009, 16:22:59 by Mandoble »

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #364 on: 30 Jan 2009, 19:43:25 »
Hi,

I have just started to dig into you scripts for my missions but I am not really sure where to start. I have an empty Hilux PK sitting in a town which I want to use a basic SAM site. I have read the documentation but so far I have not got my head round it.

Any help appreciated.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #365 on: 30 Jan 2009, 20:23:13 »
If you want this vehicle to work as an automatic SAM site, you may add the following to the init.sqf:
if (isServer) then
{
   Sleep 1;
   // Hilux PK named snafu_sam1 acting as automatic SAM against east air units
   _disp = snafu_sam1;
   _posunit = 1; // 0 - driver, 1 - gunner, 2 - commander, 3 - not alive AI inside the vehicle required
   _ttype = ["Air"];
   _quantity = 12; // 12 missiles loaded
   _minrange = 500;  // Minimum engagement range
   _maxrange = 3000;  // Maximum engagement range
   _rof = 6; // Firing up to 6 missiles per minute

// 3 first elements represent firing position in model coords, adjust for your hilux
   // Last member is radious around that firing position (0 if not needed, but > 0 if firing position is the center of a wide turret (case of ZSU, for example)
   _pos = [0,1,2, 2];

_scan = 360;  // Able to scan for enemies all around
   _mink = 0; // The AI doesnt need to have any visual contact with the enemy to engage   
   _enemies = [east,sideEnemy]; // Change enemy sides at will here
   _antimissile = false; // Not antimissile capable (switch to true and it will be able to intercept detectable mando mssiles
   _fixed_firing_direction = false; // Able to fire in any direction
   _initially_active = true;

// SAM is activated
   [_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_hawk.sqs";
};
Note that AI will reload automatically missiles if close to ammo trucks.

You may also check the example missions mando_sams.Intro and mando_sams2.Intro.

EDIT:
Forgot the detail that your hilux is empty, then set _posunit = 3 (no alive ai is required)
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 20:24:51 by Mandoble »

Offline snafu

• Members
« Reply #366 on: 30 Jan 2009, 20:28:16 »
Thank you Mandoble. I've spent the last while poking around all the missile stuff. It's a lot to take in but I am getting there.

An absolutely excellent set of scripts you have produced.

:good:

Offline maxsword

• Members
« Reply #367 on: 07 Feb 2009, 18:00:08 »
Hello Mandoble,

First let me congratulate with You for your stunning work, it's really awesome!!

Now, I'm new  in scripting but I tried to set up a mission Air Force oriented, full of aircraft and helos.

I did that with ACE ( using also aircraft from xternal mods) and I found several issues trying to make all my aircraft working with mando  ILS, air to ground missiles against radar (SEAD) and A-A missiles.

problems:  ILS- the square and the circle on the hud are stuck not moving
                RADAR missile an error (more or less ...something  0 found , 3 espected...)
                A-A missile  I just can't tag the enemy AC.

Do you have any suggestions or tricks to fix those problems? Is there any non-compatibility issue with ACE?

Thank You in advance for Your answer.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #368 on: 07 Feb 2009, 18:29:16 »
With the information provided I cannot give you any suggestions as I have no idea how you are trying to implement these things/version of mando missile used. Mando missile doesnt incorporate any ILS BTW. There should not be any compatibility problem with ACE, what I dont know is if ACE already includes mando missile inside (they had it included in some beta for the Javelin).

Offline maxsword

• Members
« Reply #369 on: 07 Feb 2009, 20:29:31 »
Mandoble,

to give you a beter idea on wht is happening here are the pic with the error, the mission, init and description file.

Can You have a look at them by chance? that would be highly appreciate.

Thanx.

BTW ACE included the mando missile as you can se in this link
http://www.acemod.net/wiki/ACE:Feature:Missiles

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #370 on: 07 Feb 2009, 20:55:20 »
As it is clearly stated at the very first post of this thread:

Attached below you will find MMA235_teaser.Intro.zip, which is a teaser of MMA 2.35B new HUD system. Do not mirror, do not include it into any addon and use it only for testing purposes as MMA 2.35 is already quite close to be public.

As stated above, they (you or anyone else) can use 2.35b only for testing purposes.
The very only thing that they can use is mma 2.3 with their own setup scripts for launchers,etc inside any public version of ACE, but always with mando missile outside of the mod and fully controled by the mission editor.

Anyway, your existing problem might be related to
_sams = [sam1, sam2, sam3, sam4, sam5, sam6, sam7, sam8, sam9, sam10, shilka1, shilka2, shilka3, shilka4, shilka5, shilka6, shilka7, shilka8, shilka9, shilka10, ship1, ship2];
make sure all these units exist.

Also, execute that part only server side:
// Setup SAMs: shilka e sa6 devono sere chiamati shilka1, shilka2, sam1, sam2 etc.
if (isServer) then
{
_posunit = 0;
_ttype = ["Air"];
_quantity = 24;
_minrange = 100;
_maxrange = 4000;
_rof = 5;
_pos = [0,0,0,3];
_scan = 360;
_mink = 0;
_enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

_sams = [sam1, sam2, sam3, sam4, sam5, sam6, sam7, sam8, sam9, sam10, shilka1, shilka2, shilka3, shilka4, shilka5, shilka6, shilka7, shilka8, shilka9, shilka10, ship1, ship2];
for [{_i=0},{_i < count _sams},{_i = _i + 1}] do
{
   _disp = _sams select _i;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"ace_sys_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";
   Sleep 1;
};

};

mma 2.35b is initialized with the mando missile init script in the init.sqf of your mission, and it is not there. So I assume you are using some other ACE initialization method.

Offline maxsword

• Members
« Reply #371 on: 07 Feb 2009, 22:00:14 »
Mandoble,

I didn't mean to use the mision with other purpose than as a demo.

I followed your precious instructions, but can you clarify what you mean with:

"mma 2.35b is initialized with the mando missile init script in the init.sqf of your mission, and it is not there. So I assume you are using some other ACE initialization method.

I though that mando misile in ACE is initialized somehow automatically.

Thanx

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #372 on: 07 Feb 2009, 22:14:44 »
2.35b in its current state is initialized via init.sqf as long as you have also the corresponding mando_missiles folder in your mission:
//init.sqf
// Mando Missile ArmA initialization (script suite version)
[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

Might be ACE is initializing it automatically, dont know. I understand that your problem persists after making sure that all the listed units exist, or not?

EDIT:
Your init.sqf is a bit weird, you are setting the same flare system for many vehicle types, but you are using a script per vehicle. For example:
// Add here as many types as you want that will share the very same configuration
_my_list_of_types_with_10_flares = ["f15e_cbuc_mesh","f15e_blue_mesh", "USEC_C130"];

[_my_list_of_types_with_10_flares, 0, "", [0,0], [0,0], 10, 10, "ace_sys_missiles\units\ace_mando_missilevehicle2.sqf", false, true, false, false, [3,-2,-3.5], "ace_sys_missiles\units\keysets\mando_air1_keys.sqf", 5, 10, 2, 0, false, 0]execVm"ace_sys_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";

Also, looking at this, it seems that ACE already setups some vehicle types by default, make sure these dont interfere with yours, if so, you would need to disable ACE setup, they explain how here, in the "Mando Missiles Override" section.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2009, 22:30:49 by Mandoble »

Offline maxsword

• Members
« Reply #373 on: 07 Feb 2009, 22:24:54 »
Mandoble,

It looks like the problem is fixed 'cause no more errors are shown at mission start. (all sams create in accordance with the array).

I don't know how it will beheave on the server.

And what do you think about the ILS problem described on the very first messae?

Thanx

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #374 on: 07 Feb 2009, 22:35:21 »
Check my edited message above for other potential issues with your setup.

About the ILS, before activating it while in a plane with mando missile hud, click on the hide mma hud action, when you finish with the ils, activate the mma hud again. Anyway, if this is OFPEC ILS, then better use this thread.