Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 118804 times)

Offline maxsword

• Members
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #375 on: 07 Feb 2009, 23:21:04 »
Thanx Mandoble, for all your helpful suggestions.

:clap:

Another question related to the KEYSETS:
I tried al the Air to Air keysets but I don't see any that fit aircraft with an active radar missile with a pretty long lock distance.

Am I right (meaning tht I have to customize one for my purposes) or I forgot something.

Thanx for being so patient.
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2009, 14:03:02 by maxsword »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #376 on: 08 Feb 2009, 14:37:30 »
With your current version you need to use an MMC for long range interceptions (Example vid applied to France's F18). In your version, visual lock on is limited by los check range (defined in mandomissile_init.sqf), by default it is 3km. 2.35 allows you any range, check the 2.35b teaser attached to first post of this thread.

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #377 on: 10 Feb 2009, 19:08:43 »
Now that ACE has your missile system in it I'm wondering how to add Mando Missiles to the vehicles? The addon configures all spawned vehicles to start with 0 missiles. If I want to spawn a vehicle in, is there a way to overwrite ACE's -

[["AH1W","ACE_AH64_AGM_HE","ACE_AH64_AGM_HE_F","ACE_AH64_AGM","ACE_AH64_HE","ACE_AH64_HE_S_I","ACE_AH64_AGM_HE_F_S_I","ACE_AH64_AGM_AIM","ACE_AH1W_AGM_HE","ACE_AH1Z_TOW_TOW_HE","ACE_AH1Z_TOW"], 0, "", [0,4], [0,0], 4, 4, "ace_sys_missiles\s\units\ace_mando_missilevehicle2.sqf", false, false, false, true, [4,0,-2], "ace_sys_missiles\units\keysets\mando_air1_keys2.sqf", 5, 5, 2, 0,false, 1]execVm"ace_sys_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";

..call? Note I know this should be an ACE question but I was hoping... maybe you could help...  ;)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #378 on: 10 Feb 2009, 19:36:41 »
First, this is a mando missile question, not an ACE question.
Second, I suppose they have include 2.35beta into ACE because 2.35 final in addon or script suite is not ready yet (so, supposedly, they are using it ONLY for testing purposes), once 2.35 is finished they will not be allowed in any way to include mando missile INSIDE ACE, as stated clearly in the MMA official page. What ACE team, as anyother user can do, is to include MMA setup/config scripts within ACE, but never MMA itself. That means that "ace_sys_missiles\" folder will not work anymore as the correct folder is, must be and will be "mando_missiles\", take this into consideration to avoid further surprises.

And now, about the mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf question itself, check this. Maximum number of missiles and Current number of missiles arrays defines the initial weapon set (the number of them and maximum number). Missile index number for AA missiles is the first index for the missiles (AA ones, if any) and this number + 1 is the missile idx for AG weapons. And then, the Keyboard control script is from where all the missile parametrization and locking on is done.

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #379 on: 10 Feb 2009, 20:14:32 »
But if the mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf has already been set for all A10s and I want to have one A10 in a mission start with missiles as well as working HUD (type 0), how could I "override" the all encompassing looping script that was initialized by ACE?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #380 on: 10 Feb 2009, 20:20:16 »
Seems they have a way to override their basic setup.

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #381 on: 10 Feb 2009, 20:42:03 »
Okay... I was worried that might be the case.... thanks.

Offline chef

• Members
« Reply #382 on: 12 Feb 2009, 00:37:22 »
hey guys

first of all after reading all these 29 pages trying to find an answer to my question (to no prevail :weeping:) i want to say a big well done and congrats to mando for this script it sounds a good 1, and thats my probblem i cant get the dam thing to work  :(.

i have followed and read through the online help that comes wiv the files and think well accualty know i an doin somthing wrong but dont know what, but please forgive me as i am a complet and utter noob to scripting and mission making and all this rigmera, tho i did make one mission for opf befor opf:r but that got flamed and deleted it was that bad (but no use crying over spilt milk) so i was wondering if you very talented ppl could plz plz plz plz plz plz plz help me the probblem is as followed:

every time i go to load on of ur example mission i get the following error when Arma crashes back the the desktop:- ( include file missions\anit-radar.sara\mando_missiles\mando_missiles.h not found)

the that is just and example of what the message says when i load a mission the bit in bold and italici is the bit that always pops up.

my system info is as followed if it help:

dell inspiron 530
intel core2 duo @2.60GHz
Ram 2.00Ghz
32-bit operating system
and iam on windows vista service pack 1

p.s sry abt spelling

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #383 on: 12 Feb 2009, 00:49:02 »
This is the description.ext file present in Anti-Radar.Sara mission (I guess you are using that example mission).
Code: [Select]
// Needed for Mando Missile ArmA
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"

class RscTitles
{
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"
};

class CfgSounds
{
  sounds[] = {};

#include "mando_missiles\mando_sounds.h"
};

Inside that mission folder you will find mando_missiles folder, and inside mando_missiles folder you will find mando_missile.h (not mando_missileS.h).

So, first make sure you have "mando_missiles" folder inside your mission folder (unless you want to use mando missile addon), then make sure mando_missile.h is inside mando_missiles folder, then reload the mission directly from the editor and try again.

BTW, none of the examples included into the zip gives any error.

Offline chef

• Members
« Reply #384 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:12:14 »
hey
cheers for the help boss, it worked and it looks fantastic sry if it sounded as if i was slateing your work, i wasn't i was just frustrated that i couldnt get it to work lack of sleep i suppose. anyways cheers for the help and crackin job

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #385 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:31:12 »
I had this same problem. Not sure how it happened but every single example mission I had from the DL didn't have the mando missiles folder. Lucky I had downloaded it once before, found that DL and took it out of there.

Strange stuff a foot.

EDIT:

Well I just DL'd it again and none of the examples have that folder in there. It's in the required resources but not the missions. Not sure if that's just something one my end but I tried the DL again and it wasn't there
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2009, 01:35:37 by Manzilla »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #386 on: 12 Feb 2009, 07:49:23 »
True, read mma_readme_first.html and the table with the demo missions ;)
As there are many example missions, to save space mando_missiles is in a separate folder required_resources\script_suite into the zip file instead of into each demo mission using the script suite.

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #387 on: 12 Feb 2009, 15:30:32 »
Yeah I saw that but it confused me when you wrote:
BTW, none of the examples included into the zip gives any error.

So that's why I mentioned this. I thought you meant "just out of the box" the missions didn't give you that error but they would unless the folder was copied from required resources. I just got confused by that reply so I brought up the error.

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #388 on: 12 Feb 2009, 20:22:26 »
Mandoble!!! Oh you made the game so fun.... Could I ask what the diff between the various "attackers" are?

mando_aim120_fighter.sqs
mando_asroc.sqs
mando_basicag_unit.sqs
mando_basicsam_unit.sqs
mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs
mando_basic_fighter.sqs
mando_harpoon.sqs
mando_hawk.sqs
mando_javelin.sqs
mando_lgb.sqs
mando_patriot.sqs
mando_s300.sqs
mando_scud.sqs
mando_seasparrow.sqs

I noticed some fire an LGB ! Could you maybe describe when to use each and what the differences are? Plus I am not familiar with the terminology... like S300 and SeaSparrow? What are these? When used?

May I also ask what a "realistic" SAM site setup might look like?? Should I spawn a Shilka (with no ammo) and assign as mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs and spawn another with ??? and make it able to shoot down missiles? for defense? I've also noticed the time between "Radar Tracking You" and "Incoming Missile" is rather short.. and was wondering if there was a way to delay this..? I assume this is done with the "minimum knowledge" setting? What are some good values to use here?

Oh one more thing... I've noticed the missiles fired from mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs are rather "weak"... I can get hit up to 3 times before being shot down. Most times I took no damage as the missile exploded near me.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2009, 20:33:24 by Doolittle »

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #389 on: 13 Feb 2009, 04:14:06 »
Information about most of the missiles is freely available from a well-known encyclopedia. Check the External links section at the end of each article for further information.

mando_aim120_fighter.sqs
mando_asroc.sqs
mando_basicag_unit.sqs
mando_basicsam_unit.sqs
mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs
mando_basic_fighter.sqs
mando_harpoon.sqs
mando_hawk.sqs
mando_javelin.sqs
mando_lgb.sqs
mando_patriot.sqs
mando_s300.sqs
mando_scud.sqs
mando_seasparrow.sqs

About "realistic SAM sites":
In case you have Google Earth installed, there is a KMZ file that contains the locations of over 3000 SAM sites worldwide.

try { return true; } finally { return false; }