Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 117933 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #390 on: 13 Feb 2009, 23:47:27 »
First of all, all these sqs scripts are some basic examples with internal parameters to finally execute mando_missileattacker.sqf, so all of them are to be used by automatic missile launchers (not played controlled). You can always execute directly mando_missileattacker.sqf passing all the required parameters, and, of course, you may create your own personalized "attackers" (like these sqs examples, but dont place them into mando_missiles\units\attackers, just create your own folder in your mission folder for your personalized launchers to avoid overwrites with newer versions of mando missile). Basically all these sqs define the missile parameters for the desired launcher. The best way to test all the exiting parameters is to play with them in mando_missile_lab.Sara mission, which incorporates a dialog from where you can set any parameter and test the missiles.

mando_aim120_fighter.sqs: powerful warhead, active range of 3km and fired in inertial mode (updating target position every 2 seconds). Fairly agile and maneuverable.

mando_asroc.sqs: This missile is fired in parabolic trajectory, at its top it detonates and spawns another "missile", which is, infact, a torpedo descending in chute, once in water the torpedo is activated and tracks the final target (ship or sub). You can see it here and here.

mando_basicag_unit.sqs: Basic example of long range AG missile, quite powerful warhead but low maneuverability.

mando_basicsam_unit.sqs: Similar to the aim120, but a bit better acceleration, shorter range and less maneuverable.

mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs: A crappy missile, it is there to scare you but not to kill you.

mando_basic_fighter.sqs: averagely good and deadly short range missile. You may use it for planes.

mando_harpoon.sqs: SSM missile, it is fired in inertial mode, then it goes down and is able to follow the terrain at the indicated cruise altitude. See it in action. This is set as "detectable", so mando antimissile units can locate and intercept it.

mando_hawk.sqs: Powerful, but not quite maneuverable missile (SAM), its refresh time is long (6 secs) till it is quite close to the target (2.5km). It is not quite fast at all.

mando_javelin.sqs: A javelin.

mando_lgb.sqs: LGB bomb

mando_patriot.sqs: Poweful warhead, long range and good antimissile capability

mando_s300.sqs: Similar to the patriot, but not so good acceleration.

mando_scud.sqs: Scud missile, do use against target too close to the firing unit. It has its particular firing-effect script for smoke effects at launch time as well as shock wave affecting all the soldiers too close to the firing position (they are pushed violently away of the firing placement). This missile goes quite high before diving for the target, it has the most powerful warhead and, like the harpoon, it is detectable and interceptable. See them in action intercepted by Patriots.

mando_seasparrow.sqs: Fleet defense, good antimilise choice.

mando_sa2.sqs: Slow, not too maneuverable but powerful missile. Sa2 site with 3 launcher and a centralized radar

mando_torm1.sqs: torm1 SAM testing platform, example in action.

Remember that you can create your own ones with your own missile parameters, you may create also your own warhead scripts, your own smoketrail scripts and your own special effects scripts for launch.

The delay between radar lock on and missile fired is the time elapsed between radar lockin on you (not just detecting you, but selecting you as a target) and missile in air tracking you. This will change a bit in 2.35, as the missile warning will be there ONLY once the missile switches to active mode, so in some cases, when the missile already is closer than 3km and heading for the vitim for the final kill.

The automatic launchers may use the knowsabout level or not, if minimum knows about is set to 0, then the automatic launcher will fire at you as soon as the target is in range and there are no physical obstacles between the target and the firing unit, unless the firing unit works in "REMOTE" mode, in this case the target is provided by a third unit (a radar station, a sonobuoy, etc) and there is no line of sight checking.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #391 on: 07 Mar 2009, 20:44:17 »
SA2 site (MMA2.35B) attached by Jynx request.

Remember, this is MMA 2.35 is beta, not to be included into any addon and not to be mirrored. At the moment, the only purpose of 2.35B is to be tested to get some feedback.

Offline Jynx

• Members
« Reply #392 on: 07 Mar 2009, 23:28:25 »
Outstanding job Man. Thanks alot for making scripts like this that really enhance the ArmA game

:good:

Offline Vengeance

• Members
« Reply #393 on: 12 Mar 2009, 14:17:22 »
Hello,

Is this a option that you have and can be used or maybe it was something someone else did, can't remember? ???

mando_missile_stealth = ["USEC_F117_AGM65"];

UPDATE: Sorry it was right infront of my face Line 30 of the Init:   :whistle: 
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2009, 18:48:57 by Vengeance »

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #394 on: 21 Mar 2009, 16:58:57 »
Hi Mandoble,
I'm using the below script to launch a torpedo (or many).
I'd like to change it so the torpedo is simply launched in a pre-selected direction from the Sub (periscope facing) which is likely easy enough, but I want to to travel in a straight line (without a pre-assigned target) and scan for a target (in its scan range) along the way, until it times out.
The problem is;
- Not sure I can use your scripts without an assigned target
- Not sure if your target scanning mode is true independant scanning and stand-along.

i.e. I want the torpedo scripts to do all the work, true independant torpedos (1 or many), no oversight scripts running.

Could you advise if this is possible.
Cheers.

_sub = _this select 0;
_target = _this select 1;
               _launcher         = objNull;
               _missilebody      = "GNT_mu90s";
               _vangle           = -1.5;
               _speedini         = 0;
               _speedmax         = 36;
               _acceleration     = 8;
               _boomrange        = 15;
               _activerange      = 6000;
               _modeinit         = 2;
               _cruisealt        = 80;
               _boomscript       = "mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missileheadtorp.sqf";
               _smokescript      = "mando_missiles\exhausts\mando_torpedowater2a.sqf";
               _soundrsc         = "";
               _sounddur         = 49;
               _endurance        = 160;
               _terrainavoidance = false;
               _updatefreq       = 1;
               _delayinit        = 2;
               _controltime      = 0;
               _detectable       = false;
               _debug            = true;
               _launchscript     = "";
               _hagility         = 35;
               _vagility         = 0.1;
               _accuracy         = 1;
               _intercept        = true;
               _scanarch         = 180;
               _scanarcv         = 65;
               _offsety          = -1;

[_launcher, _missilebody, [getPos _sub select 0, (getPos _sub select 1), (getPos _sub select 2)- 1], getDir _sub, _vangle, _speedini, _speedmax, _acceleration, _target, _boomrange, _activerange, _modeinit, _cruisealt, _boomscript, _smokescript, _soundrsc, _sounddur, _endurance, _terrainavoidance, _updatefreq, _delayinit, _controltime, _detectable, _debug, _launchscript,_hagility, _vagility, _accuracy, _intercept, _scanarch, _scanarcv,_offsety] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_missile.sqf";

Offline Jynx

• Members
« Reply #395 on: 24 Mar 2009, 07:39:15 »
Do you mean like if the sub was to snapshot a torpedo?

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #396 on: 24 Mar 2009, 13:08:23 »
Do you mean like if the sub was to snapshot a torpedo?

Huh? "snapshot" ... don't know what you mean.
BTW, mando missile does shoot "slow" torpedo's too, not just fast moving airbourne missiles.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #397 on: 25 Mar 2009, 15:36:26 »
If you dont need a target to launch the torpedo, then the torpedo might be the "missile launcher" itself firing an active torpedo against the selected target and deleting itself. A mando_missile.sqf script slightly modified (without creating the torpedo but using an object passed as argument).

Offline Tobi89

• Members
« Reply #398 on: 08 May 2009, 23:30:43 »
How do get mando missile to work In Editor? And how do get your missile lab in editor? Btw I dont know to script (im newb :P )

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #399 on: 08 May 2009, 23:58:49 »
Hi Tobi89,

Don't want to speak for Mandoble, but my advice is to study the "readMe" files in his scripts.
If you don't understand those (scriptwise) I don't recommend using his scripts except after extensive trial and error testing. They are usually complicated/advanced but very useful, meaning you need some experience before implementing them in your own missions.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 09 May 2009, 00:19:22 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Tobi89

• Members
« Reply #400 on: 09 May 2009, 00:54:17 »
Im always up for learning :D were would i put the scripts in editor or in the mission folder (mission made in editor)?

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #401 on: 09 May 2009, 08:09:14 »
In the mission folder  :)
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Tobi89

• Members
« Reply #402 on: 09 May 2009, 18:52:06 »
ok ty

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #403 on: 11 May 2009, 10:49:37 »
Toby, best you can do is to open any of the many many example missions, open the init.sqf file and check there the initialization code. In most missions everything is setup from init.sqf (text file inside your missions main folders) and these files have many explanatory coments insde. init.sqf can be open directly using windows notepad. Then you can start applying a copy/paste policy for your test missions until you get confortable with the way to use all these scripts.

Offline Jynx

• Members
« Reply #404 on: 18 May 2009, 05:09:03 »
Is there a way to setup MMA so that launchers feed each other thier targets as well as aquire thier own? like the way patriot systems do. also i am trying to use my own missle params and have gotten confused. could you possibly give me an example of how it works please? thanks bro