Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)  (Read 119054 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Missile ArmA (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #285 on: 19 Oct 2008, 21:38:53 »
New Mando Gun Lite test using the USEC C130, I would say now it is accurate enough  :D, it is ready for next beta.

Offline ricnunes

• Members
« Reply #286 on: 19 Oct 2008, 22:04:35 »
Mando,
I understand what you're saying about the guns, but since every hellfire fired in the Hellfire camera of your script means that every hellfire fired is accounted for, which means that if I start a mission with 8 Hellfires and I fire a Hellfire in the Hellfire camera and I get out of the camera and go back to the "normal gunner view" I have 7 Hellfire left which is exactly what i expect, so I thought that it could be possible to do the same about the cannon ammo. Petty it can't.

Regarding the Hellfire, I think that you haven't understood my point. What I mean was NOT to remove the manual Hellfire guidance but instead to guide it manual basically as it is now but instead of guiding the missile using a camera in the missile's nose, we should use the hellfire camera (mounted in the helicopter) and the missile should go/hit the point where the camera is pointed at. The sugestion that you gave, will basically remove the manual fire.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #287 on: 19 Oct 2008, 22:18:42 »
I think you misunderstood the suggestion. It was to find a way to create more of a "smoother" flight. But yes, the hellfire can be guided many ways. This, I believe is to assure success. For example, if the enemy had a way to stop Semi-Active Laser Homing missiles the operator could use electro-optical (TV Guided). The quoted hellfire below is what is in use today.

AGM-114K Hellfire II
A Hellfire II cross-sectioned.
A Hellfire II cross-sectioned.

* Target: All armored threats
    * Range: 8.000 m (8,749 yd)
    * Guidance:
          o Semi-active laser homing
          o Digital autopilot
          o Electro-optical countermeasures hardening
          o Target reacquisition after lost laser lock
    * New electronic SAD
    * Warhead: 9 kg (20 lb) tandem shaped charge HEAT
    * Length: 163 cm (64 in)
    * Weight: 45 kg (99 lb)
    * Unit cost: $65,000
    * Essentially the proposed AGM-114J w/ SAD

Of course, we also today have the Longbow Hellfire. This system uses MMW (Millimeter Wave) Radar. Though this system can  be mounted on board of a Cobra, it must take the place of a AIM Sidewinder. All of the above is soon to be replaced with the AGM-169 JCM.

And if Mando says there is no way to control the ammo out of the gun then I am sure that he is right. So just remove the ammo from the turret. I haven't tried this with the gun but try this.

Code: [Select]
this removeWeapon "M197"; this removeMagazine "750Rnd_M197_AH1";
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2008, 22:25:03 by USM-CPT.Dyson »
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline CyDoN

• Members
« Reply #288 on: 19 Oct 2008, 22:55:39 »
I find all u do for arma to be godlike.

Now is there a way to to reload the script ammunition and not the regular one? can you make a truck for that job?

Thanks for your time and great scripts ;) :clap: :clap:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #289 on: 19 Oct 2008, 23:02:16 »
For reloading, you may use mando_missiles\units\mando_missilereloadallow.sqf,check it header for more details.  Also that script will reload "virtual" missiles, BIS missiles (even if virtualized later) should be reloaded by normal ways.

Code: [Select]
[["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"], 12]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_missilereloadallow.sqf"

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #290 on: 20 Oct 2008, 01:11:46 »
Mando,

IDK if it's you or the addon, but could you try and lose the red/green filters for the cameras?

Also sometimes I hit myself in the wing with the heavy gun, could you see if you could fix that, too?

Thanx,

Luke

EDIT:

After some testing some of the weawpons are underpowered from their real-world counterparts.

Nix earlier suggestion in favour of damage realism.

Now try attaching:

1x M61 Vulcan Cannon Using B_20mm_AA @ 3k rounds/min, 50 round salvo
1x Bofors 40mm L/60 gun using R_Hydra_He @ 120 round/min, 5 round burst
1x M102 Howitzer using Bo_GBU12_LGB (yes, the bomb!) @ ~8 round/min, 1 round shot

for damage realism.

@ricnunes, are you suggesting a system like the AH1 Cobra's TOW Missile?
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 06:05:44 by Luke »
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #291 on: 20 Oct 2008, 13:27:24 »
Ricnunes, there is a difference between using missiles and using the gun. For the missiles you have two options always, use directly mando missiles (as the sidewinders of the AH1Z demo) or use BIS missiles which are substituted by mando ones at firing time (as the hellfires of the AH1Z demo). So, if using a BIS missile you are really firing the BIS weapon and BIS system computes correctly the number of weapons left (same for reloading). If you use directly mando missiles, mando missile system controls the number of weapons left, as well as reloading.

But for the gun the system is different, as Im not firing any BIS gun. You may just remove BIS gun weapon from AH1Z and then you will have only mando gun ammo count.

I know what you are talking about related to that manual guidance. This is already implemented inside mando missile HUD (visual launchers), here you have an example. Probably I'll include that kind of manual guidance to the camera system.

Luke, read the instructions of MCC allow scripts, there you have detailed info about how to change filter colors, etc. You can try to attach as many guns as you want to any plane and using any ammo type (you may have a gun firing Su34s at 1000m/s).

Offline ricnunes

• Members
« Reply #292 on: 20 Oct 2008, 15:12:19 »
Mando,

Ok, I understand. Thanks for the explanation about how the missile and gun system works within the script.  :)

The (Hellfire) manual guidance system that I was talking about is exactly the system shown in the video that you posted! I've seen that video in the past and for some reason I wrongly got the idea that the script in that movie was integrated in the camera system of Mando Missiles script. It would inded be cool to include that kind of manual guidance to the camera system of Mando Missiles! Can't wait for that version   :good:

BTW, where can I download that manual guidance script shown in that video? (if it's available, that is!)
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 15:14:53 by ricnunes »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #293 on: 20 Oct 2008, 16:37:57 »
That is already included in current mando missile v2.3, look for mando_target demo mission, there you will find 3 AH1Z, each one with a different guidance system integrated, from laser guided to directly manually guided TOWs (set the player as gunner of each of these three choppers).

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #294 on: 20 Oct 2008, 21:21:44 »
Question about missile manual guidance (the real systems)

1 - We have the nose camera mounted on the missiles and the pilot or an operator "flies" the missile looking through that camera.

2 - We have also manual guidance using just a visual reference like the TOW, where the operator tries to keep the missile all the time just between the firing unit LOS and the target.

3 - But then we have the manually guided Hellfire to break any potential laser countermeasures present at the target.
Does any of you how it really work from the point of view of the missile operator? Same as first case?

Offline ricnunes

• Members
« Reply #295 on: 20 Oct 2008, 23:27:04 »
The real Hellfire is aways operated very similary to the TOW, and basically the diference between the TOW and Hellfire is that the TOW receives it's commands thru wire (from the sight that is aimed by the gunship's gunner) and the Hellfire follows a laser spot (reflected on a surface -> like for example the target's surface) which is aimed by the gunship's gunner sight.

Basically if you're talking about the AGM-114K ability against laser countermeasures, this happens because:
- The laser coding (sort of an encription) is more effective than in previous versions thus being harder for a laser countermeasure to be sucessfull.
- Even if the laser spot is momentary blocked by a countermeasure or adverse weather conditions (such as low clouds) the missile as the ability to re-adquire/lock the laser spot again.
But resuming, no there isn't any camera mounted on the hellfire (This is also true for all laser guided weapons). The only thing that the Hellfire has in it's nose is a laser spot tracker.

The only weapons that I know that works like the way that you pointed in 1- is the Walleye electro-optical guided bomb and the SLAM GPS/IR missile (but only the the final stages of it's flight profile) but even in order for the pilot to be able to directly control any of those weapons the launching aircraft must carry a data-link pod (or else those weapons can only be aimed prior to launch).

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #296 on: 20 Oct 2008, 23:34:46 »
So we may conclude that hellfire is definitively not a fire and forget missile unless it is guided by the laser of a third party unit, and never manually guided (unless we call manual the laser illumination of the target)? If so, the actual camera system keeps the target illuminated automatically even if the target moves, you dont need to keep the laser spot (camera) pointed to the target manually.

For cases like Maverick, you just select the target on camera (missile camera itself) and then just fire, it should be considered a real fire and forget missile.

Offline ricnunes

• Members
« Reply #297 on: 21 Oct 2008, 00:03:13 »
Well a Hellfire can be manually guided by aiming the targetting camera from the helicopter that launches the Hellfire which by it's turn aims the laser. I once read a statement made by an Apache gunner that usually the Hellfire is aimed/guided this way.
There is like you said an "Autotrack" mode in which the helicopter targetting camera tracks the target's IR image (if it's working in FLIR mode) or the target's visual image (if it's working in DTV mode) so while in Autotrack there's no need for the gunner to aim the camera. But that same Apache Gunner said that the "Autotrack" sometimes failed to keep track and follow the target hence why the Hellfire is usually aimed manually in real life.

Most of the Maverick versions are either IR guided or TV guided which means that it simply locks the target image (prior to the missile launch) and after launch the missile will go after the priorly locked target.
As a curiousity there is one version of the Maverick, the AGM-65E which is laser guided and works very similar to the Hellfire.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #298 on: 21 Oct 2008, 00:33:57 »
I see. I will consider the manual guidance (as the one present from the HUD) for the camera, but with low priority.

Now im testing a fire a forget system for AG missiles and the camera system, this is an example applied to A10 Mavericks.

Offline Luke

• Members
  • Thank God! The OFPEC Staff are here!
« Reply #299 on: 21 Oct 2008, 01:20:58 »
Mando;

For the C130 could you add a hellfire camera?

the reason I ask is because of this, this, and this.

Luke
Pesky Human!!
Wort Wort Wort.