Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Please) Three Kings v1.06  (Read 12326 times)

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
Re:Three kings
« Reply #45 on: 04 Aug 2005, 18:21:51 »
ThreeKings version 4 is being made available on the beta hosting site

Although this mission has some 'undocumented features' it is way past average in mission theme, content and playability. Well worth a struggle folks. Size 15meg

eta 1 hour

You're all sooooo kind. I'm getting a little misty-eyed  :'( ... :)

Thanks a LOT, Mikero!

*edit : I'm glad there's someone else here who knows this film and it's music, MrN!
BTW, it's almost unbeliavable how deep you go through all that definitions to find something ;D
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2005, 19:36:39 by Jezuro »
"We are Her salvation, and through Her command we shall live forever. I will not die. Not here. Not now. Never!!!"

Offline action man

• Members
« Reply #46 on: 05 Aug 2005, 13:19:18 »
Well my plan worked perfectly ;D i.e complain ,rant and rave ect.And now a result,i finely get to download the mission ;D Perhaps now i can be excused for being rude :P (only joking,i am sorry)
Kill em alll! Let God sort em out!

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #47 on: 05 Aug 2005, 14:21:42 »
BTW, it's almost unbeliavable how deep you go through all that definitions to find something

I try to be thorough. ;) I was trying to find the text rather than watching the intro again and again to get the grammar/ spelling errors.

I also de-pbo'd it to try and get it working in the editor.
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #48 on: 05 Aug 2005, 18:40:01 »
I also de-pbo'd it to try and get it working in the editor.

Like I said, I think it will work if you activate only necessary addons and disable all mods. It works fine for me that way.
"We are Her salvation, and through Her command we shall live forever. I will not die. Not here. Not now. Never!!!"

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #49 on: 05 Aug 2005, 22:52:31 »
With everyone trying this mission I tried downloading from the new location and I was finally able to play it.

Overview: Nothing wrong with..

Intro: The intro was pretty neat, well made! Liked it, I liked the face of the soldier, the sounds after that and the text coming on the screen slowly.
Well made! You did a good job.

Mission: Okay I started the mission a nice intro showing me in the boat and I'm coming on shore. Nice radio messages, they're all timed right.
I choose 99% enemy, 50% my soldiers. And get to my contact, he's dead so I go to the camp and kill all of the soldiers after some retries. Nice system of adding savegames! I liked the sound of getting the keys, but an animation of opening the car, or at least a sound when opening the car would be better. Not the replace the sound when you get the keys, just an extra thing.

Got in the UAZ and drove to the contact point, nice scenes showing me in my car, with some radio chat. Nice graphic display, I really liked it, made me feel like a SF guy. I got to my contact person and things went okay from here. I take the guy out in the Ural (nice insect, didn't know why I had that radio chat? I though the resistance dude was a veteran?)

Got in the Ural and we headed to the prisoner camp. We stopped on the road and he ordered me to hide so I got out and hid in the bushes. "Not too far", so I waited and waited, 4x speed waited.. nothing happened. I figured out I had maybe done the wrong thing and walked back up the road, found the ural there and got in. Yeah, the conversation continued, finally after some waiting.

We drove to the prisoner camp and I had only my pistol left. We disembarked and everything went fine. Wait, uhm nothing happening.. okay "Now!" on my screen I get my pistol and fire. Damn, the mission ends I'm discovered. I'm thinking something went wrong, another try.. nothing a few more tries nothing.. I get out again (saved here) and follow the patrol, I could follow them without they shooting me (a bit strange isn't it?). When the "Now" came on the screen I got my pistol ready, but no it failed again. Figured out I had to do it faster, not let them call the enemy maybe. I try again and kill them ASAP after the "Now". Finally! It works out and we get freed and we get away into the woods. I get an RPG Launcher and I press "Continue" (did you make it clear to the player that he had to press it? I walked around but nothing happened before I figured out what I had to do)

We walk to La Pessagne, but I can't keep an eye on the officer and don't know there he is. Maybe you could make it so that I know where he goes? Or at least which route he follows or where we meet after the woods? I wait for him between the woods and the town and finally he arrives. We get  to the town, I shoot the enemy officer and bullet start flying around. I kill most of the soldiers.. before I'm killed I was in a bush and didn't know who killed me. Strange, but okay. I didn't continue playing because I had other things to do (I write this about a day later).

Outro: Didn't accomplish the mission, so didn't see it.

Overall: A really good mission, but the later part of the mission needs to be polished a bit more. Why? Because the player is a bit frustrated if he needs many retries or if he doesn't know what to do.

I don't have many things to add, many things have already been commented on. I really like the feeling of the mission, but please, those small things. Fix them, they might ruin this great mission.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #50 on: 06 Aug 2005, 19:52:34 »
Thanks for playing, Cheetah!

@ Ural ambush

The partisan is no war veteran, just a tough guy ;) Your task in this part is to shoot the driver when he gets out of the truck, your friend pretends he's a lost soviet troop.

@ Graveyard action:

"Now" happens when you start firing or do nothing too long. I will revise this part, but basically, all you have to do is start shooting as the first :)

@ Continue button

There was a hint there, but I removed it after some feedbacks (bad influence for replayability). Maybe I will give it back, don't know yet.

@ Rest of the mission?

Just an ordinary shooting range and credits :)

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #51 on: 12 Aug 2005, 19:53:31 »
Patch to version 1.05 available, please see the first post:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=23920
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2005, 19:54:18 by Jezuro »

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #52 on: 17 Aug 2005, 18:34:59 »
Well, that's it. I've played TK several times again and am satisfied. I hope I'll manage to release version 1.05 tomorrow here at OFPEC. Thanks everobody who played my mission again!

Edit: Version 1.06 is available from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 02:45:35 by Walter_E_Kurtz »