Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Please) Three Kings v1.06  (Read 12771 times)

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
Re:Three kings
« Reply #30 on: 29 Jul 2005, 03:07:21 »
@Jezuro

>Intro change of mind...

I should have just used the words 'suggested' to make the blackout a little less. It's good as is, I think that brief flashes of 'action' would be better.

>The position of the contact hasn't changed at all

hmm, i missed him 1st version because i was (rightly) focussing on that lighthouse area. You have to watch for players doing the unpredictable, ie everything else EXCEPT what you want them too, we aren't dumb, we are cunning. 2nd version, I was looking for him, so I suspect this is an 'author thing' we're you're so used to him being 'there', it aint obvious. It sure is obvious when you look. If you look. Perhaps changing the car to a brighter color might be better (tm)

ditto comment on graveyard buisiness, we WILL arm ourselves if we can, no matter what you say, we should do, or hint to do. It's because ofp itself allows us to be wide open in our game play. It might be 'obvious' to attack from the south because we're closer eg. Many players will circle round and attack a target from the north instead, simply, because we can.

Although you've initially disarmed me, I would additionally, delete the items and restore them after the sequence. I didn;t think or assume eg, that rearming with binoculars would have caused me so much grief. If you say I can only have my handgun, make sure I only can. Get my fake russian eg to disarm me with a voiceover, makes whole thing more authentic.

>4 man patrol

First version had these people, or 4 anyway, very close to where the jeep stops. I drove past them and they ignored me.

this version, they were'nt there, and I assume 'they' are now at the tent area, which is a VERY long way from the stop position. I am very unlikely to drive that road, unless I'm dead stupid. So the walk, was long and boring. We need another bunch of them where they originally were for this part of the mission to be 'agreeable'.

>download
no problem here, obviously, but the general confusion could be sorted out by making sure you always version, the zip file at least.

This mission of yours remains one of my favorites.:cheers:

Just say no to bugz

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #31 on: 29 Jul 2005, 15:14:48 »
Yes, I assume that players could and will take something of their equipment back and therefore I made the officer to get furious and start shooting. That's how I wanted it to be done. To make the player think: "Will they shoot me if I take it back?" or "Did Jezuro suppose that I take something back? I'll give it a try..." and so on.

The position of the patrol is random (5 alternatives) for replayability without player knowing where to wake up and be careful, but their camp is still on the same place.

I will pay some more attention to the intro as well  ;)
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2005, 15:16:21 by Jezuro »
"We are Her salvation, and through Her command we shall live forever. I will not die. Not here. Not now. Never!!!"

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 31 Jul 2005, 00:14:53 »
Just to notify you:
- the 1.04 version stops downloading at around 5% and becomes corrupted
- the 1.03 version freezes at 8%

Any others links couldn't be found and gave an error.
I do also get a low download speed, around 10 kb/s.
Could you do something about this, I'd like to play the mission.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #33 on: 31 Jul 2005, 20:25:09 »
Just to notify you:
- the 1.04 version stops downloading at around 5% and becomes corrupted
- the 1.03 version freezes at 8%

Any others links couldn't be found and gave an error.
I do also get a low download speed, around 10 kb/s.
Could you do something about this, I'd like to play the mission.

I just downloaded complete version 1.04 8) Problems with downloading are probably caused by my not-very-reliable czech server, but I'm not able to upload it anywhere else :-[
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2005, 20:26:19 by Jezuro »
"We are Her salvation, and through Her command we shall live forever. I will not die. Not here. Not now. Never!!!"

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #34 on: 01 Aug 2005, 19:42:29 »
*cough*
http://www.rapidshare.de

http://www.yousendit.com

I'm getting a very unreliable 6-9Kb on a 1.5mb connection.  ???

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline action man

• Members
« Reply #35 on: 02 Aug 2005, 20:27:54 »
Okey Dokey here i go! I have been reading this forum and visiting ofpec from day one,I have never felt the need to register, that is until this "three kings" download fuckup!I have been trying to download it for a couple of month's. Your'e server/site whatever is a total fuckin joke,i.e everytime i try to download my download speed goes to just above fuckin zero,and last night after an hour just when i thought to myself"great got it this time" the bastard download stops!My advice take the link off the forum untill you sort it out! Or are you goin to tell me it was all a fuckin joke to wind us all up. EDIT sorry now that i have calmed down and read my post it seems a tad harsh,however i hope you get the point
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2005, 20:35:27 by action man »
Kill em alll! Let God sort em out!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #36 on: 02 Aug 2005, 20:43:40 »
just use a link from what MrN posted when ive had troubles with my site then i turn to you send it and thats allways seems to work

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #37 on: 02 Aug 2005, 20:52:26 »
Hey action man,

And welcome to OFPEC Forums!

I'm glad you finally registered. Now I can tell you what you can and what you can't do at OFPEC.

Your post above is something you're not allowed to do. The tone of it to be more precise.
What you can do is give people constructive, helpful and polite comments in the 'beta testing' -board.

So, you'll understand yourself that your stay here with us didn't exactly start off too good. However, we want to believe that people learn as they go (as you yourself also noticed that your post was "a bit harsh") and so you get off with a warning.

Please remember that these are usermade missions. Nobody is forcing you to download them and like it. This fact takes away the right to go ballistic when something is wrong.  ;)

Have a more pleasant stay in the future action man.  :)
Not all is lost.

Offline action man

• Members
« Reply #38 on: 02 Aug 2005, 20:54:32 »
Message received and understood ;D P.S My angry post was aimed at Jezuro and his site ,not the excellent OFPEC's
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2005, 21:05:20 by action man »

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #39 on: 02 Aug 2005, 22:49:37 »
Benchmark 6410, ECP 1.085, Vet mode, no super AI

Typo's noted:

Desorganised = disorganised

Malden Airport

Reqiem for a Dream OST = requiem (in description.ext) good choice btw  :)

During the attack on US headquarters was killed colonel Henry Blake the commander of allied forces on the island.
This doesn't sound quite right. Something like:
The commander of the allied forces was killed during the attack on the US headquarters.

Plan of quick counterattacks

Overview:
Fine

Intro:
Nicely done, it's an interesting style and it works well. Really liked the text.

This is as far as I got. "Early in the morning…etc"

Try as I might I couldn't progress any further. I tried 2 different versions of ECP, no ECP, checked my other BAS missions worked, checked the streetlamp addon, tried in the editor. Every time a crash to desktop.

Bit stuck now… :P
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Offline action man

• Members
« Reply #40 on: 03 Aug 2005, 12:06:29 »
MrN,were did you manage to download the mission from?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #41 on: 03 Aug 2005, 12:08:54 »
right click the link and save target as works for me and i had no problems ill do a review some other time

Offline MrN

• Contributing Member
  • Pffff
« Reply #42 on: 03 Aug 2005, 12:25:52 »
The link in the first post. Used a download manager and left it to do its job.
 :)

Offline Jezuro

• Members
  • Hookah 4 lyfe!
    • Jezuro's ArmA Workshop
« Reply #43 on: 03 Aug 2005, 20:57:54 »
Try as I might I couldn't progress any further. I tried 2 different versions of ECP, no ECP, checked my other BAS missions worked, checked the streetlamp addon, tried in the editor. Every time a crash to desktop.

Bit stuck now… :P

Oh boy... This problem is the worst a mission can cause  :-\ Try to activate only addons needed for this mission and don't run it under any mod ; it was neither designed nor tested under any.
And thanks a lot for playing so far!

@ Action man : There's no point getting angry, you see how buggy this mission is  :)

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #44 on: 04 Aug 2005, 13:19:02 »
ThreeKings version 4 is being made available on the beta hosting site

Although this mission has some 'undocumented features' it is way past average in mission theme, content and playability. Well worth a struggle folks. Size 15meg

eta 1 hour
Just say no to bugz