Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP released!  (Read 11367 times)

RED

Re:ECP released!
« Reply #15 on: 12 Nov 2003, 14:10:26 »
Hi underthaker, did you add the -mod=@ECP to the end of the shortcut? It should look like this

My shortcut has this command line at the end of the target: -mod=@ECP;hisky because I want to run Kegetys high-res skys. If you only want to run the ECP, use this: -mod=@ECP

I hope that helped you a bit!

RED

underthaker

« Reply #16 on: 12 Nov 2003, 16:27:54 »
yes i have the -mod@ECP in the shortcup, but nothing.... :'(

RED

« Reply #17 on: 12 Nov 2003, 17:21:37 »
yes i have the -mod@ECP in the shortcup, but nothing.... :'(

Was that a typo? It should be -mod=@ECP

Kegetys OFP launcher is very good, http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/Launcher2.zip this allows you to choose MODs by checking boxes (no shortcut editing needed)

If you still have problems feel free to add me to your ICQ list: 113172658

RED

underthaker

« Reply #18 on: 12 Nov 2003, 21:47:07 »
 ;D

know is work, but i most change the config.bin in the BIN folder original.

C:\program files\codemasters\operationflashpoint\BIN

thank any way

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #19 on: 13 Nov 2003, 12:14:45 »
That thing lags terribly for me!
I cant enjoy it. Had to remove it

Athlon 1Ghz
GeForce 4 TI 4200

Cheers
AliMag

Strange Alimag,
I did constant tests through out development on a

ASUS CUBX mobo (440bx chipset)
PIII866 256 level 2 cache
32mb Matrox G400 max (2 x AGP)
512 pc133 SDram
win98se OS
yamaha DSXG pci audio card, no HW acc enabled

and found there was negligible lag at all except on heavy maps. Did you attempt to lower blood particles from default 50 to 25 or lower? Or lower max number of blood objects from default 500 to 250?

You can also choose the BAS chopper heli dust script rather than VBs one, it requires less CPU cycles.

Any and all the affects may be altered by end user.

Hope this helps

Zay
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2003, 12:17:24 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2003, 18:36:45 »
@RED, ZAYFOD

Sorry guys for the delay...

No, I did not try to change any parameters.
I just downloaded it, install it and try it on a map that I was working on.

It is not a small map but the lag is acceptable without the mod. The mod triples the lag.

I'll try to play with the params and see what happend

Thanks for the replies
Cheers
AliMag

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #21 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:04:02 »
Think I found a doosie of a bug. I was trying out Lojack2 with ECP and the dynamic Range addon and everytime I would click on "retry" from within the game, I would get this error message and a CTD:

I deleted the autosave file from my profile, and made it so only ECP and the addons I needed were loaded and the bug continued to happen like clockwork. I loaded OFP without ECP and the bug ceased to happen.
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #22 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:11:13 »
Hmm. The bug seems to only happens with v1.94. I tried it with v1.91 and the bug no longer happens.

Nope..happens with v1.91 too. :(
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2003, 05:15:49 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #23 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:24:38 »
Are u able to replicate this error using the normal ECP (non DR) config Toadlife?

Zay
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #24 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:28:40 »
Please send me the autosave.fps file in question via email.

Looks like it is having trouble restarting a script when reloading a mission.
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #25 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:43:10 »
Are u able to replicate this error using the normal ECP (non DR) config Toadlife?

Zay

I'll go and do some more testing and let you know. Also, I'll make sure and save the various autosave files.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #26 on: 17 Nov 2003, 06:50:56 »
Ok, it happens with the DR and nonDR version of ECP. I've sent of an email to Snypir will all of the relevant files.

Iso_Marvel

« Reply #27 on: 22 Nov 2003, 00:02:57 »
Hi!

I havenÂ't played OFP at all since early summer and itÂ's great to see some new stuff. This is definately one of most important relase in last few months. I test this quickly with BAS Tonal campaing and itÂ's almost like a new game  ;D

Couple thinks I notice. You canÂ't use ECP with Kegetys high resolution sky (or can you?), becouse it works as a mod too. I know that itÂ's possible to replace OFP data files with Kegetys sky, but I donÂ't want to mess with my orginal files. Is that stupid idea to add more detailed sky for ECP? ItÂ's pretty much same kind of stuff as blood and explosions.

It looks bit too dramatic to me that destroyed heavy machine gunÂ's go in flames. Does this make same fire effects for all of vechiles, no matter are they guns or cars etc?

Yep, thats all I got in mind. Great stuff anyway. Thanks guys.

RED

« Reply #28 on: 22 Nov 2003, 09:30:17 »
Hey Iso Marvel, you can run the ECP mod and the hisky mod together by using this:

-mod@ECP;hisky

RED

Commando

« Reply #29 on: 23 Nov 2003, 13:54:04 »
I got a really weird bug when i try to run ECP mod on my other computer it says something about config.bin and addons.cfg missing and stuff.
But when i run it on my first computer it runs fine and i can experience ofp at its best.
I copied the mod folders @BAS and @ECP and modfiied the desktop shortcut for ofp 1.94 but its not working at all. When i launch ofp it says config.bin error and then when i load the mission editor and try to preview something even with original units it gives me error messages...
i reinstalled ofp 2 times but it only works when i doesn't got ECP installed...
I have't put in any other addons than the ECP and bAS and its really annoying when i couldn't get to play any ofp with the mates last night  :P