Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP released!  (Read 11365 times)

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re:ECP released!
« Reply #45 on: 10 Mar 2004, 17:06:49 »
Some nice ideas commando, they'll be looked into, the boats can probaly be done by moving them down, ok it isn't as cool as custom animations, but it's worth a shot ;)
Get those missions out there you morons!

Commando

« Reply #46 on: 11 Mar 2004, 13:14:28 »
Thumbs up to You guys! You really cheered up my school day  ;D
Looking forward to hear more about your stuff and so on  ;)

any chance of being a beta tester? I can do Multiplayer beta testing and some SP too.  :)

Komuna

« Reply #47 on: 13 Mar 2004, 19:00:04 »
[..]
if you implemented these kind of stuff to boats and maybe air vehicles and maybe could make some trashed tanks & cars too. If you wan't to go the whole way you can make the original buildings that gets destroyed a whole new look too.
Some of the mods have stuff like that already like BAS has the wrecked uh-60 that can be found under empty objects and i think red hammer studio made some wrecked t55's that was very cool to.
DKM mod's mi-28 havoc has somekind of wrecked model that it transforms it to when its destroyed  8)

Just some cool idea's that would make ofp more superb.

EhEh! What a coincidence! Besides the new ECP boucing&animated grenades, I've been working on a few resources for mission makers, such as ladders, wood stairs and wood boards - that can be used to walk between roofs ;) - which nicest feature is the way thay get destroyed: instead of the old fashioned "destructBuilding" or "destructTree" effects, the "dead" structures are replaced with a "thing" [MMK_Thing] type object that, unlike most buildings, are subdued to gravity, bounce along the map when hit and smoke or burn according to its nature. I'm also making animated doors that can be broken with a shotgun - the door opens or falls to the ground depending on the impact.

Implementing it to other vehicles is the easiest thing to do! All we need is to create new "DUM" wrecked vehicles according to the MMK_Thing base class and the already existant vehicle models.

Errrr... I think I'll start working on this right now. ;)
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2004, 19:02:24 by Komuna »

Commando

« Reply #48 on: 14 Mar 2004, 18:23:47 »
oh my god oh my god ect...  ;D  :o  8) you the man komuna!!!
that was more stuff than i could have imagined  :D
When you gonna be complete with that it will rock tha house!

any idea when or so next ecp version will be released?