Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP released!  (Read 11368 times)

RED

ECP released!
« on: 04 Nov 2003, 22:05:17 »
The ECP (Enhanced Configuration Project) has just been released, this adds effects to OFP without having to edit missions, these effects are fully compatible with MP and SP missions.

From the readme:

ECP - Enhanced config project; Version: Beta 1 - 04/11/03
=========================================================

1. ABOUT
2. INSTALLATION
3. FEATURES
4. EFFECTS SETTINGS
5. TROUBLESHOOTING
6. FEEDBACK
7. CREDITS

1. About
--------

The Enhanced OFP Configuration Project aims to increase the potential of the game through providing updated OFP game configuration files. The enhanced configuration provides special effects, and improved sound. The ECP will soon contain realistic weapons and vehicles provided in a future update.

In addition to increasing the enjoyment of the game for individuals, we aim to provide an open-source enhanced configuration for use by all mods.

The ECP adds effects to OFP without having to edit missions, these effects are fully compatible with MP and SP missions.
All effects can be turned off and on in ECP_settings.sqs to suit your needs.

The ECP contains 3 configs:

Normal config (default): No new sounds added, adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.
DR config: DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.
New DR config: Some new DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds, reconfigured all volumes to more realistic levels) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

Note: The new Dynamic Range addon is not yet finished, though it is highly recommended to download. We will provide easy to install
and small downloads to patch the DR pack.

2. Installation
---------------

Copy the @ECP folder into your root OFP directory. Now create a shortcut to your Resistance.exe file and modify
the shortcut's properties. In the target box, following 'Resistance.exe', place the following:

-mod=@ECP

An example command line: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@ECP

Hit apply and then OK. Run Resistance using the new shortcut to enable the new config. Kegetys OFP launcher is highly recommended
this can be found at his website in the other section.

To use different configs, copy the relevant config.bin from its folder and replace with the default config.bin in the bin folder (\@ECP\Bin)

You also have the option of playing the example map, this will show you the effects that are available in the game.

Copy the _effects_test.Intro folder to your Users\<your user name>\Missions directory and preview in the editor.

Note: To use the New DR config, you must download the wss dynamic range from the ECP page at the OFPEC, http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

3. Features
-----------

The following effects are automatically activated when the ECP is run (users do not have to do anything to get them to work) all effects can be modified to meet the users needs.

Effect                Author(s)                  Description
=============================================================
Blood               - (ECP - snYpir)             - Blood will shoot out from any man class unit in a mission
Chopper dust        - (BAS and Vektorboson)      - Choppers will create dust when flying near the ground
Fire                - (BAS - TJ)                 - Destroyed vehicles will smoke and produce fire
Tank shock dust     - (Fishion)                  - Tanks will create dust when they shoot
Tail rotor failure  - (Vektorboson)              - When choppers reach a certain damage a tail rotor failure may occur
Anti tank backblast - (Sui's concept, ECP - RED) - AT weapons produce a backblast which also damages anyone behind it
Plane damage        - (ECP - Stalker and RED)    - Planes smoke when damaged
Chopper smoke       - (BAS - TJ)                 - Choppers smoke when damaged
Spectating          - (Kegetys)                  - Spectating script activates when a player dies in an MP mission without respawn
Sound scripts       - (ECP - Zayfod)             - Bullets have in flight sounds, Tanks shells make noises

All author permission has been granted.

4. Effects Settings
-------------------

All effects are customisable via text sqs files in the @ECP folder. See ECP_Settings.sqs and ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs for more information.

Any of the global variables can be defined within missions, any variables that mission editors choose in
missions will be used by OFP rather than those in the ECP_settings file.

Changes made to the ECP_settings file while mid-mission will not take effect until the mission is reloaded.

5. Troubleshooting
------------------

Q: How do I run other mods with the ECP?
A: Add -mod=@ECP;modname;modnam2 to the commandline in the shortcut

Q: I get lag with the ECP, can I stop this?
A: You will have to edit the ECP settings to suit your needs, eg turning off all the effects. IE to turn off chopper dust you would edit '\@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs' file in a text editor (notepad will do) and make ECP_chopper_dust_enable = false.

Q: I don't want to turn any effects off, but I get some lag when units are shot?
A: Open up the '\@ECP\ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs' file in a text editor (notepad will do) and change the blood_particle_number to a lower number, default is 50.

6. Feedback
-----------

We would love to know what you think of this, both positive and negative CONSTRUCTIVE comments.
Email: graham_uk@btopenworld.com (Reds email address)
Forums: ECP topic at the Offical Flashpoint Forums, addons and mods: Complete

7. Credits
----------

snYpir     (Effects scripts, eventhandlers, project leader)
Red        (Effects scripting, optimisations, second in command)
DeadMeat   (Config changes)
PitViper   (DR, config decryption)
Stalker    (Scripting)
Zayfod     (Sounds, scripting)
TJ         (Effects scripting)
Gummi      (Camera scripting)

Kaliyuga   (Testing)
KTottE     (Testing)
Macguba    (Testing)
Shadow     (Testing)
GD         (Testing)

We would like to thank all the authors of the scripts we used in this pack!

The ECP download can be found at the Editors Depot under the mods section named ECP

You might want to note that the best way of testing the ECP is by playing missions, the effects test included will not give you the propper feeling of the ECP.

We are all very pleased with the way things are in the ECP now, though we know we have much more work to do before it is ready for final release. It would be great to hear your suggestions on how to improve it.

It is best to use OFP v1.94 for this addon, we had someone crashing on v1.91.

Cheers,

RED

Kyle

Re:ECP released!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2003, 01:47:42 »
The download is a corrupt zip file.  I have WinRAR and it said that and wouldnt let me extract it.  PLZ FIX IT SOON! :(  I really wanna play with these effects! :)

ChEeRs,
     Sniper_Kyle ;D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2003, 02:00:06 »
 That happened to me the first time I tried to download this version Kyle.. just try it again... worked the second time for me  ;D

cliff

« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2003, 02:25:15 »
Completely awesome. This is a giant step towards simplifying the use of enhanced OFP play for everyone, including those who find "regular" scripting boring.
Thanks people. ItÂ's great to be on the receiving end of your creativity.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2003, 03:15:15 by cliff »

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2003, 11:35:26 »
Excellent work, guys!  Having a blast with the new config! Found a quirk in  ECP_Effects/init.sqs
  • The lines that check for side == CIVILIAN and side = RESISTANCE have their  then-clauses mixed - civvie units are added to ECP_res_units and vice versa
  • Risk for script error if someone accidentally names a unit/group/variable the same as a side (experienced this in a mission where someone named a unit "resistance"
Suggested fix:
Code: [Select]
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "GUER") then {ECP_west_units = ECP_west_units + [_veh]}
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "EAST") then {ECP_east_units = ECP_east_units + [_veh]}
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "CIV") then {ECP_civ_units = ECP_civ_units + [_veh]}
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "GUER") then {ECP_res_units = ECP_res_units + [_veh]}

Also, a few questions:

1:  is the ECP scripted to skip certain parts (visual effects) that would be unneccessary to run on a dedicated server since it wont do any graphical output?

2: if random weather is enabled, is it synchronized between MP players and a server, so that everyone has the same weather?

3: will a server enforce the random weather setting, even if a client disables it? (Same goes for other settings, I guess)
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2003, 11:42:37 by Killswitch »

RED

« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2003, 15:37:17 »
Cheers for the feedback Killswitch,

1. The 'dropped' effects will not be run on dedicated servers.
2. All cleints are synced are when using weather scripts (check this by turning the weather report ok, you will find this variable at the bottom of the ECP_settings.sqs file)
3. Yes server enforces effects.

Also thanks for the fix, I will include that in the next release!

RED

Kyle

« Reply #6 on: 05 Nov 2003, 23:12:31 »
I tried downloadin it a total of 20 times and still nothing :(  maybe another website (ofp.cz?) can upload it to thier DB?  PLZ! ;D

ChEeRs,
      Sniper_Kyle ;D

Kyle

« Reply #8 on: 06 Nov 2003, 00:00:02 »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
                                      TOADLIFE

ChEeRs,
     Sniper_Kyle ;D

Johan_D

« Reply #9 on: 10 Nov 2003, 23:51:38 »
Just a small note:

Under the last 1.94 version, I have to manually copy the ecp .bin file to my flashpoint bin directory to make it work.. (overwrite).
Yes I had the -mod=@ecp thing used in the shortcut.

Johan

RED

« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2003, 08:48:51 »
Just a small note:

Under the last 1.94 version, I have to manually copy the ecp .bin file to my flashpoint bin directory to make it work.. (overwrite).
Yes I had the -mod=@ecp thing used in the shortcut.

Johan

Was your shortcut pointing at the 1.94 .exe file? My guess is that you used the old flashpoint.exe

RED

B-2-0

« Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2003, 16:33:39 »
The link is down for the new beta, any more mirrors? :(

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 11 Nov 2003, 16:47:29 »
That thing lags terribly for me!
I cant enjoy it. Had to remove it

Athlon 1Ghz
GeForce 4 TI 4200

Cheers
AliMag

RED

« Reply #13 on: 11 Nov 2003, 16:54:23 »
Could you tell me when you get the lag please? I am running a 1Ghz PC and don't get any lag (except on huge missions) I have also tested it on a 450Mhz PC and don't get that much lag.

RED

underthaker

« Reply #14 on: 12 Nov 2003, 09:39:37 »
i install the ecp like readme file say but is not work for me..

i make the shortcup, everything but nothing, (1.94) "flashpointbeta.exe".

everything is still the same, and mission test say a script tailrotor is missing to, sa.........

i want try the ecp but can you help me whit them problem sa i can test the ecp............

thank you

RED

« Reply #15 on: 12 Nov 2003, 14:10:26 »
Hi underthaker, did you add the -mod=@ECP to the end of the shortcut? It should look like this

My shortcut has this command line at the end of the target: -mod=@ECP;hisky because I want to run Kegetys high-res skys. If you only want to run the ECP, use this: -mod=@ECP

I hope that helped you a bit!

RED

underthaker

« Reply #16 on: 12 Nov 2003, 16:27:54 »
yes i have the -mod@ECP in the shortcup, but nothing.... :'(

RED

« Reply #17 on: 12 Nov 2003, 17:21:37 »
yes i have the -mod@ECP in the shortcup, but nothing.... :'(

Was that a typo? It should be -mod=@ECP

Kegetys OFP launcher is very good, http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/Launcher2.zip this allows you to choose MODs by checking boxes (no shortcut editing needed)

If you still have problems feel free to add me to your ICQ list: 113172658

RED

underthaker

« Reply #18 on: 12 Nov 2003, 21:47:07 »
 ;D

know is work, but i most change the config.bin in the BIN folder original.

C:\program files\codemasters\operationflashpoint\BIN

thank any way

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #19 on: 13 Nov 2003, 12:14:45 »
That thing lags terribly for me!
I cant enjoy it. Had to remove it

Athlon 1Ghz
GeForce 4 TI 4200

Cheers
AliMag

Strange Alimag,
I did constant tests through out development on a

ASUS CUBX mobo (440bx chipset)
PIII866 256 level 2 cache
32mb Matrox G400 max (2 x AGP)
512 pc133 SDram
win98se OS
yamaha DSXG pci audio card, no HW acc enabled

and found there was negligible lag at all except on heavy maps. Did you attempt to lower blood particles from default 50 to 25 or lower? Or lower max number of blood objects from default 500 to 250?

You can also choose the BAS chopper heli dust script rather than VBs one, it requires less CPU cycles.

Any and all the affects may be altered by end user.

Hope this helps

Zay
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2003, 12:17:24 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2003, 18:36:45 »
@RED, ZAYFOD

Sorry guys for the delay...

No, I did not try to change any parameters.
I just downloaded it, install it and try it on a map that I was working on.

It is not a small map but the lag is acceptable without the mod. The mod triples the lag.

I'll try to play with the params and see what happend

Thanks for the replies
Cheers
AliMag

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #21 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:04:02 »
Think I found a doosie of a bug. I was trying out Lojack2 with ECP and the dynamic Range addon and everytime I would click on "retry" from within the game, I would get this error message and a CTD:

I deleted the autosave file from my profile, and made it so only ECP and the addons I needed were loaded and the bug continued to happen like clockwork. I loaded OFP without ECP and the bug ceased to happen.
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #22 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:11:13 »
Hmm. The bug seems to only happens with v1.94. I tried it with v1.91 and the bug no longer happens.

Nope..happens with v1.91 too. :(
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2003, 05:15:49 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #23 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:24:38 »
Are u able to replicate this error using the normal ECP (non DR) config Toadlife?

Zay
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #24 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:28:40 »
Please send me the autosave.fps file in question via email.

Looks like it is having trouble restarting a script when reloading a mission.
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #25 on: 17 Nov 2003, 05:43:10 »
Are u able to replicate this error using the normal ECP (non DR) config Toadlife?

Zay

I'll go and do some more testing and let you know. Also, I'll make sure and save the various autosave files.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #26 on: 17 Nov 2003, 06:50:56 »
Ok, it happens with the DR and nonDR version of ECP. I've sent of an email to Snypir will all of the relevant files.

Iso_Marvel

« Reply #27 on: 22 Nov 2003, 00:02:57 »
Hi!

I havenÂ't played OFP at all since early summer and itÂ's great to see some new stuff. This is definately one of most important relase in last few months. I test this quickly with BAS Tonal campaing and itÂ's almost like a new game  ;D

Couple thinks I notice. You canÂ't use ECP with Kegetys high resolution sky (or can you?), becouse it works as a mod too. I know that itÂ's possible to replace OFP data files with Kegetys sky, but I donÂ't want to mess with my orginal files. Is that stupid idea to add more detailed sky for ECP? ItÂ's pretty much same kind of stuff as blood and explosions.

It looks bit too dramatic to me that destroyed heavy machine gunÂ's go in flames. Does this make same fire effects for all of vechiles, no matter are they guns or cars etc?

Yep, thats all I got in mind. Great stuff anyway. Thanks guys.

RED

« Reply #28 on: 22 Nov 2003, 09:30:17 »
Hey Iso Marvel, you can run the ECP mod and the hisky mod together by using this:

-mod@ECP;hisky

RED

Commando

« Reply #29 on: 23 Nov 2003, 13:54:04 »
I got a really weird bug when i try to run ECP mod on my other computer it says something about config.bin and addons.cfg missing and stuff.
But when i run it on my first computer it runs fine and i can experience ofp at its best.
I copied the mod folders @BAS and @ECP and modfiied the desktop shortcut for ofp 1.94 but its not working at all. When i launch ofp it says config.bin error and then when i load the mission editor and try to preview something even with original units it gives me error messages...
i reinstalled ofp 2 times but it only works when i doesn't got ECP installed...
I have't put in any other addons than the ECP and bAS and its really annoying when i couldn't get to play any ofp with the mates last night  :P

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #30 on: 03 Dec 2003, 20:38:46 »
I may have missed something, but...here goes:

How about having smoke grenades with that block the AI:s vision, much like the trick that's been done in JAM?

Commando

« Reply #31 on: 04 Dec 2003, 00:43:36 »
Well somehow by some very strange reason ofp is working like its should at my other computer so now me and my friends can have our ofp weekend lan tournaments again  ;D

Lin_Txarames

« Reply #32 on: 07 Jan 2004, 17:10:03 »
Hello.

Well, I have several questions about ECP mod:

I have ECP installed in my computer and it works well with version 1.055. Ok I know that exist the version 1.057 :

what files I must download and overwrite to update to this version? I dont know if I have uptade it well, because when I download ECP 1.057 and overwrite the files and INQ congfig 1.057, I launch the game and the game shows me an error like:
"Cannot open Object_ecp_effects\bruss.p3d" and when I fire the first time another error: "Cannot open Object_ecp_effects\kickdust.p3d" I dont see the bullets when I'm firing.

note: I have download all optional downloads: Dynamic sound, INQ, Jam, & MAP.

Another question:

What must I do to work a server with ECP? I cant understand very well, so if anyone can explain it to me I will be  :)  :-* :-* lol
If the ser is running with  ECP mod can enter members without ECP mod and play as the server was running without ECP?
Advantages and disavadvantages plz.

Another question:

Optional Download: ECP Development Versions --> I must download it if before I download the all previous ECP and optinaol downloads? wht is used it to?

More questions the next day  :D :D

Thxu very much friends yeahh  ;D
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2004, 17:12:04 by Lin_Txarames »

RED

« Reply #33 on: 07 Jan 2004, 20:34:52 »
Hi Lin,

When updating from 1.055 -> 1.057, you must update: config.bin (use the DR bin if you want the DR sounds), ECP_effects.pbo and resource.cpp.

You must have the most recent ECP addon installed on your server, just put the file and load it as a MOD (the same way you normaly do) put it in the command line of the shortcut to the server file.

You do not need the ECP development files, these are only for addon makers who want to add/use/change anything from the ECP. You do need these files to update the ECP :)

RED

farthur

« Reply #34 on: 20 Jan 2004, 17:02:29 »
 :'( when i trie to install dynamic range sound he sais i dont have flashpointbeta but i do can someone help me please

Lin_Txarames

« Reply #35 on: 21 Jan 2004, 14:24:55 »
Hello again dudes ¡¡  :)

We have the Linces Server with ECP at the moment. I saw while I was playing coop alone my bandwidht it's so hight sometimes over 300 and 400...ok...now I type the command #monitor 1 (for 1 second) and I cant believe...Sometimes The server sends too many info 200, 300, 400, 500 I cant understand why.  :o :o

RED

« Reply #36 on: 21 Jan 2004, 14:28:41 »
@Lin: The ECP will send some data around at the start of a mission, but not very much when the game is running. When in the mission are you using this command?

RED

Lin_Txarames

« Reply #37 on: 21 Jan 2004, 20:27:10 »
Red Here are ECP updates url (Clan Linces mirrror), the previous links that I gave you this morning are not the installer version, now they are  :)

UPDATE V. 1.071

ECP 1.071

Dynamic Range Sound

DR config 1.071

INQ WeaponPack

INQ Config 1.071

Jam2 ECP compatible

MAP Marines Assault Pack

« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2004, 20:27:41 by Lin_Txarames »

RED

« Reply #38 on: 21 Jan 2004, 22:29:32 »
Cheers Lin :)

RED

Commando

« Reply #39 on: 14 Feb 2004, 05:26:37 »
i downloaded the ECP jam and ECP marines before and i wonder what are the weapon and ammo names? Or does the old jam and MAP weapon & ammo names still work? Going to config a description with many many weapons to choose from  ;D i still love playing ofp with ECP mod , it should be a human right for everyone that has ofp to play it with ecp mod ( the way it should be )  8)

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #40 on: 18 Feb 2004, 23:56:21 »
i downloaded the ECP jam and ECP marines before and i wonder what are the weapon and ammo names? Or does the old jam and MAP weapon & ammo names still work? Going to config a description with many many weapons to choose from  ;D i still love playing ofp with ECP mod , it should be a human right for everyone that has ofp to play it with ecp mod ( the way it should be )  8)
The weapons and units names of the ECP compatible JAM and marine packs are the same as the "old" ones. So keep playing and dont worry  ;D

Commando

« Reply #41 on: 19 Feb 2004, 00:05:08 »
thx for reply killswitch, i have a idea for ecp mod to, why not make a gunner in civie cars that can be seated inside the car but you can have a handgun or m16 or so to fire out the window but it would only have a same radius of fire as the blackhawk gunner and not jeep mg radiums with weapon  ;D
it seems like a hard project but if anyone can do it its have to be ecp mod  :D
if its not impossible with the game engine to have a gunner not standing up vbut instead have him inside the car only gun showing outside the window.

Commando

« Reply #42 on: 19 Feb 2004, 21:10:35 »
how do i make it so that when i host a server we will be able to shoot down those pesky a.i su-25's again when playing with ecp mod? curently they got flares wich are blessed in teamdeathmatch but not in coop when you wanna shoot a.i's down with a AAlauncher :D

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #43 on: 20 Feb 2004, 00:59:29 »
how do i make it so that when i host a server we will be able to shoot down those pesky a.i su-25's again when playing with ecp mod? curently they got flares wich are blessed in teamdeathmatch but not in coop when you wanna shoot a.i's down with a AAlauncher :D

Hehe,
welcome to the new opflash where chaff and jamming actually work as they should.

To shut this function off simply open ECP_settings and set this to false mate  :)

; Jamming System
; ==============

;ECP_jam_enable:
   ; enable jamming system script? (bool)
   ; defined by server in MP

? [ECP_jam_enable] call ECP_is_null: ECP_jam_enable = true

or you may alter the chance of jamming being successful here

; ECP_jam_chance
   ; % chance of jamming successfully
   ; defined by server in MP

? [ECP_jam_chance] call ECP_is_null: ECP_jam_chance = 0.33

and play with the figures untill u like what u get.

Zay
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2004, 01:00:36 by Zayfod »

Commando

« Reply #44 on: 10 Mar 2004, 10:10:28 »
hey you Ecp team, i don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but i just got a great idea that you could make for the next release.
You probably have seen colonel klinks fishinb boats and other civilian boats,
what about changing the borijng old cardboard destroyed look on vechicles to something more fresh and realistic.

http://www.dc3d.co.nz/utopia/fairlady.htm scroll down the page to features and check at those very nice pics of sinking boats! I think it would be nice if it was possible to have that effect for all the original boats for an example, you guys don't have to make 10 different animations for a sinking boat if you don't wan't to but it would be Extreme  :wow: if you implemented these kind of stuff to boats and maybe air vehicles and maybe could make some trashed tanks & cars too. If you wan't to go the whole way you can make the original buildings that gets destroyed a whole new look too.
Some of the mods have stuff like that already like BAS has the wrecked uh-60 that can be found under empty objects and i think red hammer studio made some wrecked t55's that was very cool to.
DKM mod's mi-28 havoc has somekind of wrecked model that it transforms it to when its destroyed  8)

Just some cool idea's that would make ofp more superb.

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #45 on: 10 Mar 2004, 17:06:49 »
Some nice ideas commando, they'll be looked into, the boats can probaly be done by moving them down, ok it isn't as cool as custom animations, but it's worth a shot ;)
Get those missions out there you morons!

Commando

« Reply #46 on: 11 Mar 2004, 13:14:28 »
Thumbs up to You guys! You really cheered up my school day  ;D
Looking forward to hear more about your stuff and so on  ;)

any chance of being a beta tester? I can do Multiplayer beta testing and some SP too.  :)

Komuna

« Reply #47 on: 13 Mar 2004, 19:00:04 »
[..]
if you implemented these kind of stuff to boats and maybe air vehicles and maybe could make some trashed tanks & cars too. If you wan't to go the whole way you can make the original buildings that gets destroyed a whole new look too.
Some of the mods have stuff like that already like BAS has the wrecked uh-60 that can be found under empty objects and i think red hammer studio made some wrecked t55's that was very cool to.
DKM mod's mi-28 havoc has somekind of wrecked model that it transforms it to when its destroyed  8)

Just some cool idea's that would make ofp more superb.

EhEh! What a coincidence! Besides the new ECP boucing&animated grenades, I've been working on a few resources for mission makers, such as ladders, wood stairs and wood boards - that can be used to walk between roofs ;) - which nicest feature is the way thay get destroyed: instead of the old fashioned "destructBuilding" or "destructTree" effects, the "dead" structures are replaced with a "thing" [MMK_Thing] type object that, unlike most buildings, are subdued to gravity, bounce along the map when hit and smoke or burn according to its nature. I'm also making animated doors that can be broken with a shotgun - the door opens or falls to the ground depending on the impact.

Implementing it to other vehicles is the easiest thing to do! All we need is to create new "DUM" wrecked vehicles according to the MMK_Thing base class and the already existant vehicle models.

Errrr... I think I'll start working on this right now. ;)
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2004, 19:02:24 by Komuna »

Commando

« Reply #48 on: 14 Mar 2004, 18:23:47 »
oh my god oh my god ect...  ;D  :o  8) you the man komuna!!!
that was more stuff than i could have imagined  :D
When you gonna be complete with that it will rock tha house!

any idea when or so next ecp version will be released?