Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP released!  (Read 11369 times)

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Re:ECP released!
« Reply #30 on: 03 Dec 2003, 20:38:46 »
I may have missed something, but...here goes:

How about having smoke grenades with that block the AI:s vision, much like the trick that's been done in JAM?

Commando

« Reply #31 on: 04 Dec 2003, 00:43:36 »
Well somehow by some very strange reason ofp is working like its should at my other computer so now me and my friends can have our ofp weekend lan tournaments again  ;D

Lin_Txarames

« Reply #32 on: 07 Jan 2004, 17:10:03 »
Hello.

Well, I have several questions about ECP mod:

I have ECP installed in my computer and it works well with version 1.055. Ok I know that exist the version 1.057 :

what files I must download and overwrite to update to this version? I dont know if I have uptade it well, because when I download ECP 1.057 and overwrite the files and INQ congfig 1.057, I launch the game and the game shows me an error like:
"Cannot open Object_ecp_effects\bruss.p3d" and when I fire the first time another error: "Cannot open Object_ecp_effects\kickdust.p3d" I dont see the bullets when I'm firing.

note: I have download all optional downloads: Dynamic sound, INQ, Jam, & MAP.

Another question:

What must I do to work a server with ECP? I cant understand very well, so if anyone can explain it to me I will be  :)  :-* :-* lol
If the ser is running with  ECP mod can enter members without ECP mod and play as the server was running without ECP?
Advantages and disavadvantages plz.

Another question:

Optional Download: ECP Development Versions --> I must download it if before I download the all previous ECP and optinaol downloads? wht is used it to?

More questions the next day  :D :D

Thxu very much friends yeahh  ;D
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2004, 17:12:04 by Lin_Txarames »

RED

« Reply #33 on: 07 Jan 2004, 20:34:52 »
Hi Lin,

When updating from 1.055 -> 1.057, you must update: config.bin (use the DR bin if you want the DR sounds), ECP_effects.pbo and resource.cpp.

You must have the most recent ECP addon installed on your server, just put the file and load it as a MOD (the same way you normaly do) put it in the command line of the shortcut to the server file.

You do not need the ECP development files, these are only for addon makers who want to add/use/change anything from the ECP. You do need these files to update the ECP :)

RED

farthur

« Reply #34 on: 20 Jan 2004, 17:02:29 »
 :'( when i trie to install dynamic range sound he sais i dont have flashpointbeta but i do can someone help me please

Lin_Txarames

« Reply #35 on: 21 Jan 2004, 14:24:55 »
Hello again dudes ¡¡  :)

We have the Linces Server with ECP at the moment. I saw while I was playing coop alone my bandwidht it's so hight sometimes over 300 and 400...ok...now I type the command #monitor 1 (for 1 second) and I cant believe...Sometimes The server sends too many info 200, 300, 400, 500 I cant understand why.  :o :o

RED

« Reply #36 on: 21 Jan 2004, 14:28:41 »
@Lin: The ECP will send some data around at the start of a mission, but not very much when the game is running. When in the mission are you using this command?

RED

Lin_Txarames

« Reply #37 on: 21 Jan 2004, 20:27:10 »
Red Here are ECP updates url (Clan Linces mirrror), the previous links that I gave you this morning are not the installer version, now they are  :)

UPDATE V. 1.071

ECP 1.071

Dynamic Range Sound

DR config 1.071

INQ WeaponPack

INQ Config 1.071

Jam2 ECP compatible

MAP Marines Assault Pack

« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2004, 20:27:41 by Lin_Txarames »

RED

« Reply #38 on: 21 Jan 2004, 22:29:32 »
Cheers Lin :)

RED

Commando

« Reply #39 on: 14 Feb 2004, 05:26:37 »
i downloaded the ECP jam and ECP marines before and i wonder what are the weapon and ammo names? Or does the old jam and MAP weapon & ammo names still work? Going to config a description with many many weapons to choose from  ;D i still love playing ofp with ECP mod , it should be a human right for everyone that has ofp to play it with ecp mod ( the way it should be )  8)

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #40 on: 18 Feb 2004, 23:56:21 »
i downloaded the ECP jam and ECP marines before and i wonder what are the weapon and ammo names? Or does the old jam and MAP weapon & ammo names still work? Going to config a description with many many weapons to choose from  ;D i still love playing ofp with ECP mod , it should be a human right for everyone that has ofp to play it with ecp mod ( the way it should be )  8)
The weapons and units names of the ECP compatible JAM and marine packs are the same as the "old" ones. So keep playing and dont worry  ;D

Commando

« Reply #41 on: 19 Feb 2004, 00:05:08 »
thx for reply killswitch, i have a idea for ecp mod to, why not make a gunner in civie cars that can be seated inside the car but you can have a handgun or m16 or so to fire out the window but it would only have a same radius of fire as the blackhawk gunner and not jeep mg radiums with weapon  ;D
it seems like a hard project but if anyone can do it its have to be ecp mod  :D
if its not impossible with the game engine to have a gunner not standing up vbut instead have him inside the car only gun showing outside the window.

Commando

« Reply #42 on: 19 Feb 2004, 21:10:35 »
how do i make it so that when i host a server we will be able to shoot down those pesky a.i su-25's again when playing with ecp mod? curently they got flares wich are blessed in teamdeathmatch but not in coop when you wanna shoot a.i's down with a AAlauncher :D

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #43 on: 20 Feb 2004, 00:59:29 »
how do i make it so that when i host a server we will be able to shoot down those pesky a.i su-25's again when playing with ecp mod? curently they got flares wich are blessed in teamdeathmatch but not in coop when you wanna shoot a.i's down with a AAlauncher :D

Hehe,
welcome to the new opflash where chaff and jamming actually work as they should.

To shut this function off simply open ECP_settings and set this to false mate  :)

Code: [Select]
; Jamming System
; ==============

;ECP_jam_enable:
   ; enable jamming system script? (bool)
   ; defined by server in MP

? [ECP_jam_enable] call ECP_is_null: ECP_jam_enable = true

or you may alter the chance of jamming being successful here

Code: [Select]
; ECP_jam_chance
   ; % chance of jamming successfully
   ; defined by server in MP

? [ECP_jam_chance] call ECP_is_null: ECP_jam_chance = 0.33

and play with the figures untill u like what u get.

Zay
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2004, 01:00:36 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Commando

« Reply #44 on: 10 Mar 2004, 10:10:28 »
hey you Ecp team, i don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but i just got a great idea that you could make for the next release.
You probably have seen colonel klinks fishinb boats and other civilian boats,
what about changing the borijng old cardboard destroyed look on vechicles to something more fresh and realistic.

http://www.dc3d.co.nz/utopia/fairlady.htm scroll down the page to features and check at those very nice pics of sinking boats! I think it would be nice if it was possible to have that effect for all the original boats for an example, you guys don't have to make 10 different animations for a sinking boat if you don't wan't to but it would be Extreme  :wow: if you implemented these kind of stuff to boats and maybe air vehicles and maybe could make some trashed tanks & cars too. If you wan't to go the whole way you can make the original buildings that gets destroyed a whole new look too.
Some of the mods have stuff like that already like BAS has the wrecked uh-60 that can be found under empty objects and i think red hammer studio made some wrecked t55's that was very cool to.
DKM mod's mi-28 havoc has somekind of wrecked model that it transforms it to when its destroyed  8)

Just some cool idea's that would make ofp more superb.