Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP released!  (Read 11366 times)

RED

ECP released!
« on: 04 Nov 2003, 22:05:17 »
The ECP (Enhanced Configuration Project) has just been released, this adds effects to OFP without having to edit missions, these effects are fully compatible with MP and SP missions.

From the readme:

ECP - Enhanced config project; Version: Beta 1 - 04/11/03
=========================================================

1. ABOUT
2. INSTALLATION
3. FEATURES
4. EFFECTS SETTINGS
5. TROUBLESHOOTING
6. FEEDBACK
7. CREDITS

1. About
--------

The Enhanced OFP Configuration Project aims to increase the potential of the game through providing updated OFP game configuration files. The enhanced configuration provides special effects, and improved sound. The ECP will soon contain realistic weapons and vehicles provided in a future update.

In addition to increasing the enjoyment of the game for individuals, we aim to provide an open-source enhanced configuration for use by all mods.

The ECP adds effects to OFP without having to edit missions, these effects are fully compatible with MP and SP missions.
All effects can be turned off and on in ECP_settings.sqs to suit your needs.

The ECP contains 3 configs:

Normal config (default): No new sounds added, adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.
DR config: DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.
New DR config: Some new DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds, reconfigured all volumes to more realistic levels) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

Note: The new Dynamic Range addon is not yet finished, though it is highly recommended to download. We will provide easy to install
and small downloads to patch the DR pack.

2. Installation
---------------

Copy the @ECP folder into your root OFP directory. Now create a shortcut to your Resistance.exe file and modify
the shortcut's properties. In the target box, following 'Resistance.exe', place the following:

-mod=@ECP

An example command line: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@ECP

Hit apply and then OK. Run Resistance using the new shortcut to enable the new config. Kegetys OFP launcher is highly recommended
this can be found at his website in the other section.

To use different configs, copy the relevant config.bin from its folder and replace with the default config.bin in the bin folder (\@ECP\Bin)

You also have the option of playing the example map, this will show you the effects that are available in the game.

Copy the _effects_test.Intro folder to your Users\<your user name>\Missions directory and preview in the editor.

Note: To use the New DR config, you must download the wss dynamic range from the ECP page at the OFPEC, http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

3. Features
-----------

The following effects are automatically activated when the ECP is run (users do not have to do anything to get them to work) all effects can be modified to meet the users needs.

Effect                Author(s)                  Description
=============================================================
Blood               - (ECP - snYpir)             - Blood will shoot out from any man class unit in a mission
Chopper dust        - (BAS and Vektorboson)      - Choppers will create dust when flying near the ground
Fire                - (BAS - TJ)                 - Destroyed vehicles will smoke and produce fire
Tank shock dust     - (Fishion)                  - Tanks will create dust when they shoot
Tail rotor failure  - (Vektorboson)              - When choppers reach a certain damage a tail rotor failure may occur
Anti tank backblast - (Sui's concept, ECP - RED) - AT weapons produce a backblast which also damages anyone behind it
Plane damage        - (ECP - Stalker and RED)    - Planes smoke when damaged
Chopper smoke       - (BAS - TJ)                 - Choppers smoke when damaged
Spectating          - (Kegetys)                  - Spectating script activates when a player dies in an MP mission without respawn
Sound scripts       - (ECP - Zayfod)             - Bullets have in flight sounds, Tanks shells make noises

All author permission has been granted.

4. Effects Settings
-------------------

All effects are customisable via text sqs files in the @ECP folder. See ECP_Settings.sqs and ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs for more information.

Any of the global variables can be defined within missions, any variables that mission editors choose in
missions will be used by OFP rather than those in the ECP_settings file.

Changes made to the ECP_settings file while mid-mission will not take effect until the mission is reloaded.

5. Troubleshooting
------------------

Q: How do I run other mods with the ECP?
A: Add -mod=@ECP;modname;modnam2 to the commandline in the shortcut

Q: I get lag with the ECP, can I stop this?
A: You will have to edit the ECP settings to suit your needs, eg turning off all the effects. IE to turn off chopper dust you would edit '\@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs' file in a text editor (notepad will do) and make ECP_chopper_dust_enable = false.

Q: I don't want to turn any effects off, but I get some lag when units are shot?
A: Open up the '\@ECP\ECP_Blood_Settings.sqs' file in a text editor (notepad will do) and change the blood_particle_number to a lower number, default is 50.

6. Feedback
-----------

We would love to know what you think of this, both positive and negative CONSTRUCTIVE comments.
Email: graham_uk@btopenworld.com (Reds email address)
Forums: ECP topic at the Offical Flashpoint Forums, addons and mods: Complete

7. Credits
----------

snYpir     (Effects scripts, eventhandlers, project leader)
Red        (Effects scripting, optimisations, second in command)
DeadMeat   (Config changes)
PitViper   (DR, config decryption)
Stalker    (Scripting)
Zayfod     (Sounds, scripting)
TJ         (Effects scripting)
Gummi      (Camera scripting)

Kaliyuga   (Testing)
KTottE     (Testing)
Macguba    (Testing)
Shadow     (Testing)
GD         (Testing)

We would like to thank all the authors of the scripts we used in this pack!

The ECP download can be found at the Editors Depot under the mods section named ECP

You might want to note that the best way of testing the ECP is by playing missions, the effects test included will not give you the propper feeling of the ECP.

We are all very pleased with the way things are in the ECP now, though we know we have much more work to do before it is ready for final release. It would be great to hear your suggestions on how to improve it.

It is best to use OFP v1.94 for this addon, we had someone crashing on v1.91.

Cheers,

RED

Kyle

Re:ECP released!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2003, 01:47:42 »
The download is a corrupt zip file.  I have WinRAR and it said that and wouldnt let me extract it.  PLZ FIX IT SOON! :(  I really wanna play with these effects! :)

ChEeRs,
     Sniper_Kyle ;D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2003, 02:00:06 »
 That happened to me the first time I tried to download this version Kyle.. just try it again... worked the second time for me  ;D

cliff

« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2003, 02:25:15 »
Completely awesome. This is a giant step towards simplifying the use of enhanced OFP play for everyone, including those who find "regular" scripting boring.
Thanks people. ItÂ's great to be on the receiving end of your creativity.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2003, 03:15:15 by cliff »

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2003, 11:35:26 »
Excellent work, guys!  Having a blast with the new config! Found a quirk in  ECP_Effects/init.sqs
  • The lines that check for side == CIVILIAN and side = RESISTANCE have their  then-clauses mixed - civvie units are added to ECP_res_units and vice versa
  • Risk for script error if someone accidentally names a unit/group/variable the same as a side (experienced this in a mission where someone named a unit "resistance"
Suggested fix:
Code: [Select]
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "GUER") then {ECP_west_units = ECP_west_units + [_veh]}
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "EAST") then {ECP_east_units = ECP_east_units + [_veh]}
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "CIV") then {ECP_civ_units = ECP_civ_units + [_veh]}
if (format ["%1",side _veh] == "GUER") then {ECP_res_units = ECP_res_units + [_veh]}

Also, a few questions:

1:  is the ECP scripted to skip certain parts (visual effects) that would be unneccessary to run on a dedicated server since it wont do any graphical output?

2: if random weather is enabled, is it synchronized between MP players and a server, so that everyone has the same weather?

3: will a server enforce the random weather setting, even if a client disables it? (Same goes for other settings, I guess)
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2003, 11:42:37 by Killswitch »

RED

« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2003, 15:37:17 »
Cheers for the feedback Killswitch,

1. The 'dropped' effects will not be run on dedicated servers.
2. All cleints are synced are when using weather scripts (check this by turning the weather report ok, you will find this variable at the bottom of the ECP_settings.sqs file)
3. Yes server enforces effects.

Also thanks for the fix, I will include that in the next release!

RED

Kyle

« Reply #6 on: 05 Nov 2003, 23:12:31 »
I tried downloadin it a total of 20 times and still nothing :(  maybe another website (ofp.cz?) can upload it to thier DB?  PLZ! ;D

ChEeRs,
      Sniper_Kyle ;D

Kyle

« Reply #8 on: 06 Nov 2003, 00:00:02 »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
                                      TOADLIFE

ChEeRs,
     Sniper_Kyle ;D

Johan_D

« Reply #9 on: 10 Nov 2003, 23:51:38 »
Just a small note:

Under the last 1.94 version, I have to manually copy the ecp .bin file to my flashpoint bin directory to make it work.. (overwrite).
Yes I had the -mod=@ecp thing used in the shortcut.

Johan

RED

« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2003, 08:48:51 »
Just a small note:

Under the last 1.94 version, I have to manually copy the ecp .bin file to my flashpoint bin directory to make it work.. (overwrite).
Yes I had the -mod=@ecp thing used in the shortcut.

Johan

Was your shortcut pointing at the 1.94 .exe file? My guess is that you used the old flashpoint.exe

RED

B-2-0

« Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2003, 16:33:39 »
The link is down for the new beta, any more mirrors? :(

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 11 Nov 2003, 16:47:29 »
That thing lags terribly for me!
I cant enjoy it. Had to remove it

Athlon 1Ghz
GeForce 4 TI 4200

Cheers
AliMag

RED

« Reply #13 on: 11 Nov 2003, 16:54:23 »
Could you tell me when you get the lag please? I am running a 1Ghz PC and don't get any lag (except on huge missions) I have also tested it on a 450Mhz PC and don't get that much lag.

RED

underthaker

« Reply #14 on: 12 Nov 2003, 09:39:37 »
i install the ecp like readme file say but is not work for me..

i make the shortcup, everything but nothing, (1.94) "flashpointbeta.exe".

everything is still the same, and mission test say a script tailrotor is missing to, sa.........

i want try the ecp but can you help me whit them problem sa i can test the ecp............

thank you