Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: More Buildings  (Read 5542 times)

Kaliyuga

More Buildings
« on: 30 Sep 2003, 22:36:01 »
 With a couple other projects getting ready to be completed,

I'm going to finish up some custom buildings (like 4 or 5 of them) that I have had on the back burner  for a while now.

These will include a  Police station and Gunshop.

The gunshop is in the 70% complete range while the Police station is somewhere in the 20-30% range I'd say.  

But I'd love to hear what everyone would like to see included in these buildings...  I've already got alot of things planned/done but want to make sure I don't miss anything.

I'll use this thread to post some screenshots for everyone (at a later date) as well   ;D

:cheers:

Iwesshome

Re:More Buildings
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2003, 23:06:44 »
Soda Machines
Coffee Machines
Computers
Phones
Plants
Tile Flooring
Florescent Lighting
Ash Trays
Welcome mats
Toilets
Gun Range
Microwaves
Sinks
Cabinets
Groceries
...........? Still thinking  ;D

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2003, 03:18:30 »
a car park for the police station and an arms locker that works like an ammo crate

KyleSarnik

« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2003, 03:30:17 »
Make a bank with a big animated vault and money inside and a big hole that you can blow in the wall and then like animated cash registers and stuff then have money that you can take as magazines, and an armored truck and some security cameras (the ones that really work). And maybe some alarms and glass doors, animated glass doors that you can shoot at (and have some dammage textures with bullet holes and shattered glass) and some turned over tables and chairs for some firefights and stuff.... That would be fun, lol fighting some bank robbers armed w/ ak47s then you throw in a grenade and BOOM! We win! lol

bigdog632

« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2003, 04:13:49 »
build a fire station with a working pole

or maybe a strip club with a working pole? ;D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2003, 06:29:47 »
 All great ideas guys....  :thumbsup:

I can definately say the Police station will have at least a small car park attatched to the rear for prisoner transport Registered_fugitiv.

Something with a garage door for security purposes.... think it will be 2 story at the most.. perhaps the police vehicles can park on level 2 and the prisoners can be loaded up on the first floor.

I am going to do animated, lockable jail cells as well... I have them built already just need to add them in when the time comes..  I'm supposed to be getting some floorplans on a real police station very soon  so I will wait to lay out the bulk of the stuff until I see how they match up to what I've got pictured in my head  ;D

The bank is a good idea for another building to do as well Kyle .. I'm not sure if damage textures are possible on buildings, but I'm going to try to get the best looking/behaving glass  I can for the window textures

@ bigdog632:

filthy  err.... perverted ummm  great minds think alike  ;)

http://waterman.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=AddonIdeas&action=display&num=1038518879

Drozdov

« Reply #6 on: 01 Oct 2003, 20:26:32 »
Perhaps you should have a 'get in' slot for the jail cells? The prisoners in the cells would be sitting on the bench when in. This may not be necessary but it could help with some ai pathing problems. Make sure you have an interrogation interviewing room with a tape recorder in it :).

GrimMonkey

« Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2003, 21:18:59 »
Also can make an Electric Chair, operated by Drozdov's 'Get In' idea. It would be could for movies or cutscenes :P.

Beware the GrimMonkey

m21man

« Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2003, 01:55:26 »
2, Get in Electric Chair

Oh no, 2 is down!

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #9 on: 02 Oct 2003, 01:59:11 »
I had an idea once while playing Day of Defeat, but because of my zero skill in model building never took it anywhere  ???

How about making a standard building, but "distress" it by making the surface texture covered with bullet holes, blast marks, broken areas and so on.  Then "clad" the whole thing in a patchwork of ultra thin panes (additional objects) that can be easily destroyed by gunfire.  The theory would be that if a player sprayed the building with bulets then the "clean" texture would fall away, revealing the pockmarked and scorched wall underneath.

If you really wanted to go bananas you could make multiple layers to the onion, with the inner layers having more damage ability and greater visible damage.  By making the varous "panes" impassable (until destroyed) you could even make an object whose geometry changes as you shoot it up.

Example - Brick wall defined as a smooth textured pane ("x" damage), over a pock marked textured pane ("10x" damage), over a low rubble textured pane ("100x" damage).  Do enough damage to the thing and you can either climb over it or walk through it.

Am I mad or would this require way too many objects and or too much work to create ?  :-\

Roni

Kaliyuga

« Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2003, 03:06:43 »
 Not so sure about the electric chair as It will be a small, local kinda police station with just a few holding cells.. not a prison or anything..  :)

don't think they have electric chairs in police stations....  well maybe in Texas  ;D

@Drozdov: Good idea for the "cargo positions" in the cells.. I thought about this.. but each bench would have to be a seperate addon that was classed as a vehicle... or else perhaps class the entire building as a vehicle just one that doesnt move at all....  

@Roni:
  You idea sounds good in theory.... I don't see why it wouldn't work or be that hard to do.....   Just need a seperate addon/object for each "shell" of the house.......perhaps I'll implement it on a bunker I have lying around and see what comes of it ;)

And here's some pics of my work last night:

« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2003, 03:08:21 by Kaliyuga »

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2003, 03:26:22 »
lookin good :) just looking at the lobby tho it looks a little to big almost double the guys size maybe make it a bit smaller and add some weed to the evidence room

Kaliyuga

« Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2003, 05:04:22 »
 You mean lower the ceiling a little bit?   Can definately lower it some...  I guess about 9-10 foot ceiling is average and that does looks more like 12 now that you mention it  ;D

:cheers:

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2003, 07:22:42 »
The station looks great, but a bit like an Ikea show room.  I reckon everything should be lower, darker and dirtier to get that grungy police station feel.

OTOH - I wish I had even a tenth your skill in making models (some day I'll open up Oxygen and teach myself how . . .   :-\

Blitzer

« Reply #14 on: 02 Oct 2003, 09:50:30 »
Looks good, the evidence room could hold all sorts of random gear. What about a morgue part in the building, with sliding cabnets and dead people inside. Say in a mission when one of your men dies he could end up in the morgue. And an armour room with some new armoured jackets(that really work) and different clothes that you could change into. Great for spy missions.
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2003, 09:57:50 by Warsmith »