Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: More Buildings  (Read 5545 times)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Re:More Buildings
« Reply #30 on: 12 Oct 2003, 23:08:57 »
any suggestions?

maybe a dingy concrete or breezeblock texture or a pebbledash (you know where those really sharp pebbles are stuck to the wall with somthing) maybe ill take some pictures of my local cop shop and post em up to give you an idea, fromt he OUTSIDE though, i have no plans to actually see what it is like from the inside lol......so far they havent been able to pin anything down on me yet muahahaha LOL

Vyper

« Reply #31 on: 12 Oct 2003, 23:23:28 »
why not use Dead Meats Police pack?  Its got the Volga GAZ-24 police car...jeep...motor bike...UAZ....Cessna....BRDM and a load of various policemen....all vehicles have light and sound scripting.....perfect!

All nogovan as well.

Vyper

Kaliyuga

« Reply #32 on: 13 Oct 2003, 18:36:21 »
 We may contact DeadMeat about reskinning his police pack or something since it is definately a great adddition to OFP.

But we didnt want to use anyone else's addons in our campaign, and It won't take place on Nogova at all, so a new paint job would be in order perhaps.

@KJAM: I think for the outside texture , the simpler the better especially with my texturing skills...  :-\  

I am on the lookout for a suitable outside texture though  ;D

**I'll post a few pics once I get home from Botany class**
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2003, 18:37:11 by Kaliyuga »

Torak

« Reply #33 on: 13 Oct 2003, 18:46:22 »
I think it would definitely benefit from a more traditional police car as well; i e a police car of a less "military" style, like those used by most modern police forces.

Oh, and something with a water cannon.

MovingTarget

« Reply #34 on: 16 Oct 2003, 13:05:31 »
I've just had a look at those screen shots and I have to say they are more than impressive. I can't wait to bring in suspects for the old good cop, bad cop, length of hose, nightstick, spilt coffee and "He fell down the stairs, your honour" interrogation treatment!  :beat:

Seriously though, there was an addon that provided police units with a boat, a cessna and a Skoda police car. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember where I got it.

Sorry  :(

Torak

« Reply #35 on: 16 Oct 2003, 13:31:12 »
Yes, that was the DMX Police pack. It contains, if I recall correctly, a Jeep, a UAZ, a Cessna, a BRDM, a motorbike, and a Gaz (the most civilian in style). All with rather lovely working lights...

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #36 on: 17 Oct 2003, 20:01:35 »
Hey guys i've finished taking a break from modding and i enjoy making buildings with lots of little animated stuff, so if you want something, just e-mail me @ speciminx@aol.com and then ask me to make something, if it's simple i'd probally start right away for you and if i don't like the idea i'll stick it on my todo list for when i get bored

Kaliyuga

« Reply #37 on: 18 Oct 2003, 05:05:51 »

bars will be spaced a little more evenly of course..... and the upstairs won't have the same tiled floor as the downstairs......  ;)

a shot of inside (accidentally replaced my nice looking ceiling tiles.. but I had planned on altering them a little anyways)

I've been pretty busy this week with other things.... but I should be able to spend some more time on it this weekend  ;)
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2003, 05:07:15 by Kaliyuga »

Sundevil

« Reply #38 on: 18 Oct 2003, 06:37:19 »
Looking good amigo.  

The gun store is optimal.  I visualized a pawn-shop atmosphere with glass display cases for the pistols and racks of weapons on the walls.  Maybe even a elk head, or moose hanging on the wall would be cool.

I wish that this was as easy as "the sims" to create stuff.  There are so many possibilites out there, I just don't have the patience to learn how to create the addons.

'Devil

Kaliyuga

« Reply #39 on: 18 Oct 2003, 09:48:31 »
 I'll get some pics of the gunshop up for you sometime soon as well...

the modelling is completely finished... just need to redo textures as I did it several months ago when I knew next to nothing about texturing ;)

It will have shelves with guns that you can purchase... as well as some guns hanging on racks on the walls....

also a small shooting range out back ;)

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #40 on: 18 Oct 2003, 12:05:20 »
Looking good, can't wait for the finished version

ruff

« Reply #41 on: 22 Oct 2003, 09:43:58 »
those buildings look amazing!!!!
why didnt u post them on bis forums!!!!

have u ever thought of a mansion like the governors residence by philcommando?
but ur 1 could be more detailed and at a larger scale like the ones ur making now or like the resistance buildings

Kaliyuga

« Reply #42 on: 22 Oct 2003, 18:31:39 »
why didnt u post them on bis forums!!!!

You mean there are other forums? ;)

I may make a large residence  to go with the set as well, but am just focusing on retexturing the gunshop.. and finishing up the police station for the time being... don't want to start too many things at once...

nice thing is once you have a large enough building you can just sorta rearrange the pieces to make a new one ;D

I also made an interiour wall texture that is far better than the one shown in the screenshots up already....  I'll put up some more pics in the next day or two

:cheers:

Splintercell

« Reply #43 on: 23 Oct 2003, 01:54:09 »
what is that bug that needs fixing

Kaliyuga

« Reply #44 on: 23 Oct 2003, 02:09:06 »
what is that bug that needs fixing

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=13661

it's being worked on at the moment though.. and may be fixed by the weekend ;)