Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: More Buildings  (Read 5543 times)

Kaliyuga

Re:More Buildings
« Reply #15 on: 02 Oct 2003, 18:31:49 »
I reckon everything should be lower, darker and dirtier to get that grungy police station feel.

I'll be sure to dirty it up a bit before I'm finished... add a layer of dirt to that floor and walls ;)

And an armour room with some new armoured jackets(that really work) and different clothes that you could change into.

I'll be sure to include a locker room and supply room as well.. not so sure about the clothes as you can't change in the middle of a mission, this would just have to be some addon soldiers that were swapped or whatever ;)

I wonder if setobject texture works on the entire body of a unit like it does with arm patches ?

Drozdov

« Reply #16 on: 02 Oct 2003, 19:54:30 »
As Roni says, this looks far too new and shiny. Make it dirty, but also make the colours a bit less bright. The wooden surfaces in the second screen shot look too bright... the contrast between the textures looks a bit too sharp as well.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #17 on: 02 Oct 2003, 22:53:57 »
 Those pics were brightened a bit before posting as well ...  screenshots are always coming out wayyyyy too dark for my liking with OFP   :-\

Kaliyuga

« Reply #18 on: 03 Oct 2003, 03:20:46 »

I didn't brighten up the pic as much on these.. and I've started the process of making the wall and floor textures a little smudged up and stuff  ;D

I've got the floor plan of the first floor laid out.. with  a locker room and an equipment room as well as two interview rooms and the radio/desks area also.. I scrapped the desk texture and am looking for something a little different. I added a couple of generic vending machines inside near the locker room area also...  so I've   got all that and a little extra space to play around with on the first floor.

Second floor will have at least 4 cells with three cells that would sleep two men each as well as a larger holding cell that could hold about 5-6 i guess.
  And a guard room on that floor as well where the doors will be controlled from

I may start on the cells tonight.. or else work on finishing up the locker/equipment rooms.    

:cheers:

Oh.. and I'm going to lower those second floor walls also to where the barred windows are at eye level.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2003, 03:22:44 by Kaliyuga »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #19 on: 11 Oct 2003, 03:46:24 »
Perhaps you should have a 'get in' slot for the jail cells? The prisoners in the cells would be sitting on the bench when in. This may not be necessary but it could help with some ai pathing problems.

I did this today Drozdov as I am working on the jail cells some after finally getting OFP working on my computer again  ;D

And it works real well.. there is no limit that i know of to the number of cargo proxies that you can have... so expect  them for quite a few places in the building possibly...

I figure it's a shame that you can't designate what position they move into but I guess gamelogics would work well enough to fill the empty slots.. and I will write a few small scripts to show how to position  the prisoners/guards into the various rooms.

Been a little tied up banging my head against the desk trying to figure out something on the sub , and trying to make some money..  but expect some screenshots by Sunday.....  

I think the bulk of the modelling should be done this weekend...  

Oh.. and what do you guys think about a built in floodlamp on the station?

Kaliyuga

« Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2003, 08:17:43 »
 Oh.. and another nice little side effect of having cargo positions ...

how about glass windows that can be shot out? :o

Homefry31464

« Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2003, 14:52:56 »
Those pictures get better and better.  A floodlamp, not sure what you mean.  In an interrogation room, that light you always see swaying back and forth(I don't know if thats a flood lamp), or a floodlamp on the outside.  

How about adding a few security cameras and a monitor to watch them?

Kaliyuga

« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2003, 21:22:49 »
 Thing is that since I had to make the building into a vehicle in order to have cargo positions in the jail cells..  

I can now activate all those car attributes via some selections in O2.

such as:

Headlights: which could double as a floodlight out front or back of the station.. or perhaps both ......

The ability to have window glass be shot out like is in a vehicle....

I could even tell it that it was a BMP2 and have a Missle battery on the roof if I wanted too :o

As far as the security cameras go..  a while back there were some released that do just what you're talking about...  

Our Mod has permission from the maker to alter them to suit us seeing as there were some functions that were not included in his version that were going to be in a version that I was making already...

I scrapped most of what I was working on once we got the go-ahead to alter the other addon , we just haven't gotten around to making the cam work the way we want it to....

I do plan on adding it to the building if at all possible.. but that will probably be one of the very last steps

KyleSarnik

« Reply #23 on: 11 Oct 2003, 23:27:42 »
There is one problem with having it as a vehicle, AI.... They wouldnt be able to move around to well, and you can't put AI positions on it (like when you place WPs over houses and they give you a list of positions in the house)...

Kaliyuga

« Reply #24 on: 12 Oct 2003, 00:02:15 »
and you can't put AI positions on it

Are you sure about that part?

I'll go try right now as I have O2 open.

****EDIT*****

hmm......  so what I'll do now is make a seperate addon that is in the same .pbo file that is the prison bunks made into vehicles that can be setpositioned into place....

so much for windows you can shoot out  

:P
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2003, 00:16:26 by Kaliyuga »

KyleSarnik

« Reply #25 on: 12 Oct 2003, 02:42:52 »
so much for windows you can shoot out

why not just make the windows seperate? Yea, and you could add some scripts to them. One to setpos them into position, and then one when they get a certasin amount of dammage (the same dammage it would take to make the dammage textures apear) and then setpos some  glass peices there and if they are classed right and have proper geometry LODs, they should act like real glass..

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #26 on: 12 Oct 2003, 03:05:28 »
The station is looking good, I can't wait to see the final work.  :)

I agree with the floodlight - sounds like it would really add to the effect.

I hate to kibbutz, but what the hell - there's nothing more fun than making impossible suggestions for other people's work !   ;D

Did I miss something or are there two things missing -  a pistol range and a carport ?  Obviously the pistol range is not so important but someplace to park the 1 Adam 12 or Starsky mobile is a definite "must have".

Also - while we're in the realm of imposible addons how about locking cells ?  Set a small addaction trigger somewhere in the front office - hit it and the door object (that you have cunningly built from scratch) will change it's position to slide open or shut.  Could be a lot of pain to code, which is why I sugested it  :D ;D :D

Good luck on the project !

Roni

Kaliyuga

« Reply #27 on: 12 Oct 2003, 10:21:06 »
 @ Kyle: Your idea sounds like something I'll definately look into  :thumbsup:

I hate to kibbutz, but what the hell - there's nothing more fun than making impossible suggestions for other people's work !   ;D

Hey keep em coming....  very few things are impossible with OFP as long as you can think of a clever work around...   ;D  

And you've definately had some awesome input so far ( as everyone has)

Did I miss something or are there two things missing -  a pistol range and a carport ?  Obviously the pistol range is not so important but someplace to park the 1 Adam 12 or Starsky mobile is a definite "must have".

Going to model the carport seperate.... and haven't started yet....   ;D

And my mostly finished gunshop does have a pistol range out back... I may bring it over to the police station as well.... just have to copy/paste it and change a few texture paths

Also - while we're in the realm of imposible addons how about locking cells ?  Set a small addaction trigger somewhere in the front office - hit it and the door object (that you have cunningly built from scratch) will change it's position to slide open or shut.  Could be a lot of pain to code, which is why I sugested it  :D ;D :D

Definately going to have this..... just have to alter the  code from the E.C. safe addon  ;)

Homefry31464

« Reply #28 on: 12 Oct 2003, 16:58:09 »
What color are you going to have for th outside of the station?  What cars are you thinking about using for the police?  

Kaliyuga

« Reply #29 on: 12 Oct 2003, 23:02:03 »
What color are you going to have for th outside of the station?

any suggestions?

What cars are you thinking about using for the police?

I have no idea..  we do have a very rough version of a SWAT van tucked away on my hard drive...

but all along we have been sort of hoping some sort of police Mod would get off the ground and we could work together with them to require less addons being made by our already very small team ....  

We did have one such partnership a while back, but that Mod didn't last very long.  :-\

One way or another there will be police cars of some sort, after all we do need something to shoot at besides the police jeep ;)