Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Delta Team  (Read 62095 times)

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:BAS Delta Team
« Reply #120 on: 20 Dec 2002, 23:25:06 »
tiger,

do you and BAS a favor....don't give updates to the community through the forums (your webpage is good enough). you guys already have your experts and have pretty much decided on what you are going to do in respect to your addons. i'm getting a bit tired of all these little "teaser" pics that are constantly being posted on the forums (when the product is not really due for release for another month or two), all it does is get gamers excited and then they try to critique it themselves, which is something that you guys don't need and don't want. i understand how you want to keep the public informed, but the only info we need (and want) is when the final product is being released. i would recommend for you not to release pics or videos until the finished product is DEFINITELY getting released within 3-5 days. i've been patiently waiting on your addons, but it truly sucks to see all this work (through pics and video) and then wait a month or two (mh-60 for example) for the addon to be released. a simple heads up or notification of what you are working on is enough (one pic) and when you KNOW it is ready for release, then bombard us with the photos and video. man, you already know that i'm a big fan of your work and i hate to see you let loose like you did in your previous posts, but i think there is something to learn from this.

1.don't give your public too much info, unless you need help.
2.don't give teasers for work that won't be done for a long  
time.

you know how the public is and now you and your team must adjust accordingly. just my 2 cents worth.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #121 on: 21 Dec 2002, 00:18:19 »
I'd Have to Agree with Bug Kill, I'm a little disgusted with this whole argument, why post things on forums if you don't want Imput? just put that Info on your site, and leave us out, unless you want help (I know that's a little Redundant), and to thoes of you who said, "why don't you learn how to make addons," well that's kind of what I'm doing  ::) but it's hard work so I understand, I'm not Griping Complaning or any thing, I was trying to help, but I guess you don't want that, so I'm done with this Thread, I'll check your Site for Updates. Peace!

Bosniarat

« Reply #122 on: 21 Dec 2002, 00:50:56 »
Tiger,
    The rants from these people are as silly as they are numerous. I think your team has some of the best addons that i have used. As i do suck with making addons I rely on addon makers to both create great addons and have them work great as well. Your team has made the some of the greatest addons i have ever used. To these wannabe whinning addon Users that come out and rant at a good group of addon makers, I would like to repeat something that was said before, If you dont like an addon Make it your self!
   As to the last statement I like to know how the addon is coming along so i can think about how to use them :)
Keep up The GREAT WORK!!!!!
HOOOOOOAAAAH!!!
(paitently awaiting the Delta Force and Blackhawks) :D

Skaven

« Reply #123 on: 21 Dec 2002, 00:56:15 »
Guys this is a little bit a silly conversation, we show our work for you guys to know how things are going if you don't want to see than we won't show them , really not much to discuss in here  ;D
We don't release teasers or anyting, we just show how our work is going along, if you guys can't control yourselfes, it's ok for me no more pics nor news than, only at the end  ;)

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #124 on: 21 Dec 2002, 01:18:01 »
skaven,

just the release dates will do me just fine. a simple post to let everyone know that the project is still continuing is all that is needed. no more discussions or pics (until the end), just give us the real deal when it is done. keep up the great work.

Skaven

« Reply #125 on: 21 Dec 2002, 01:24:51 »
sure mate, no more pics, ETA don't know yet, we're talking about it excately at this moment.
However this is strange, as a user I like to see how the other addon makers are going with their work  :-\
But you guys asked to don't know things than you won't know them, only at the final   ;)

SilentEcho

« Reply #126 on: 21 Dec 2002, 01:39:31 »
Hey skaven, and bas, first off i would like to say you guys are doing an excellent job.  I really enjoy your addons and i am anxiously awaiting your delta and blackhawks, like i imagine most of the community is.  I myself enjoy your pics and keeping us updated on the progress of your work, and if its not to much trouble i hope you guys keep on updating us, despite the advice from certain users i.e. bugkill.  As for all the crap thats been posted lately dont take it to heart its like a lot of people have already said, its just a bunch of armchair experts talking s@!t.  Dont let a few bad apples spoil the whole tree  ;) .  

Thanks again

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #127 on: 21 Dec 2002, 02:16:35 »
i never had a problem with updates until all this crap that is being talked about on some of these threads (which stem from the pics) and the fact that you guys don't have a definite release date. i've had enough updates, pics, teasers, etc. right now, i just want a download link and nothing else. you guys at BAS have given more than enough "progress" pics and there are just some things that addon makers just need to keep to themselves. hell, i've seen so many in-game pics that i'm saying to myself "why isn't it released now? looks done to me", each time i see them. i'm not on the team, so i don't know what works needs to be done, but just looking at your pics makes me wonder why there is no release date even set. i know you guys got high standards and that is why it's taking so long to release, but that is the main reason why i say just continue with the work until it's done and the only update that i'm concerned with is your release date info. it's a bit of "overkill" when it comes to these addons and i feel that it just needs to tone down until there is a definite release date. i've gasped enough at the work you guys have done so far, right now i'm ready to just get my hands on it. i always believe in keeping your work private and not give the public too much info. just give very little during the process of creating, so then i can appreciate it more when the final product comes.

Skaven

« Reply #128 on: 21 Dec 2002, 02:27:37 »
I understand your position bugkill, but I also think you should respect the persons that like to see the updates, however, there is something I can't understand, if you can't whait for our work to be ready seing the pics than just don't look at the BAS****** threads, take a look only at our main website, where we post the most important news  :-\
If we are taking some time to make them is only to suit your interests and the community ones, if you can't accept that, than please don't make our hard work worth  :-\
We are only working for you, at the exchange for nothing, maybe respecting that and the way we work including pics  ;)could be a better option  :-\

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #129 on: 21 Dec 2002, 03:46:15 »
first, this is not about respecting other people who like updates. i'm not on your team at BAS and that means that i have no "say so" on how you guys go about promoting your addons, so in the end...my opinion means "nada".  all i'm saying is that it is getting a bit overboard with all these "updates" and now people are flaming each other or questioning the way you guys are doing the addon on these forums. the updates you do at your website is fine, but to bring it into the ofpec forums is a bit of a mistake. that is why you are getting the type of posts that piss alot of people off. i just think that the updates belong on your website and not in forum threads. finally, i find it regrettable that you feel that i don't respect the work you guys are doing. i have not made not one bad comment about you and the team at BAS. yet, you feel that you could try and tell me "We are only working for you, at the exchange for nothing, maybe respecting that and the way we work including pics could be a better option" as if i don't have a clue of what you guys are doing. you need to go back and read my previous posts and then you will see that i totally understand and respect the work you guys do. i'm not flaming you, but your comment was not warranted and i'm intitled to my own opinion. i'm just one of those people that feel that there has been enough talk about this addon and now it time to wait for the finished product. all your pics and videos feel like "teasers" at this moment, given the long wait it has been for these addons. now, i'm not trying to put pressure on you or demand changes, i'm just giving my opinion on the issue......nothing more, nothing less.

Skaven

« Reply #130 on: 21 Dec 2002, 05:00:37 »
Ok I think we all understood your position now, thanks for droping it to us. ;)
Unfortunately, you'll have to whait as everybody else, so please, this comments are perfectely unecessary, so don't make me Lock my own thread  ;D
I really don't which to keep this conversation, it's a little bit pointless, it's Bas's thread, so we can update pics always we want, it's in your choice to look or not to look ;)
The Delta are very close to be finneshed, very very close indeed, but I ain't gonna tell you when, this weekend? 4 days ? 7 days? 10 days?  ???
Really , really soon  ;) A lof of surprises have been added, a lot of new weapons, I think you guys are gonna like them so much as we do,a lot of new things a lot of surprises I'm not gonna reveal anything more  ;)

Mr.ThunderMakeR

« Reply #131 on: 21 Dec 2002, 05:31:28 »
I just noticed you removed the CH-53 and MH-53 from the project list on your site, PLEASE say you didnt cancel those :o

Chomps

« Reply #132 on: 21 Dec 2002, 05:45:48 »
With the new weapons you are making for the Delta team, do you plan on updating the configs of the SOAR pilots to use the new MP5s?  (On a side note, if you do plan on revisiting the SOAR pilots, there is this teensy weensy texture error that shows up on certain LODs, where the bottom of the front of the pilots vest goes white.)

Further, do you plan on replacing the onboard silenced MP5 on the Littlebird with a new MP5, since you have made the model for it?  This really is not necessary, just wondering.

By the way, if the answer is simply "no" to both, I'm fine with that, I am trying to tiptoe around the issue of suggestions with all the recent debate.  Keep up the good work.  ;D

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #133 on: 21 Dec 2002, 07:01:09 »
About the MP5SD3's, considering that the M4 SOPMOD is replacing many of the older silienced MP5's, it's perfectly logical to issue the silenced models to pilots and other crew members. I think BAS should keep the current weapons, it's less work for them, and the silenced version looks better in my opinion.

Skaven

« Reply #134 on: 21 Dec 2002, 13:22:25 »
screamingeagle_101, it's enough, there is no perssonel issues here and no perssonel nothing, we talked and we settled things, it's over, I'm also sorry if I hurt any of you guys ;)

Chomps, we have two new pilots with different cammos  ;)