Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helicopter Pilot  (Read 7513 times)

bigdog632

Re:Helicopter Pilot
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jun 2003, 06:33:29 »
helo pilot mission would be interesting
i played a nam mission coop where ya had a observer get shot down and ya had to find them
teamspeak made that too easy but a single player version would be interesting go off occasional radio messages or a beacon to find him and get shot at the entire way

eversman

« Reply #16 on: 03 Jun 2003, 15:00:54 »
Good. You are CSAR chopper pilot and you must lokalize a pilot who were shot down. Biddog you wrote about beacon, have you played in Operation Lojack. There was a kind of beacon to lokalize some man, maby in this case  that script should be a good idea.

TIGER

« Reply #17 on: 03 Jun 2003, 23:38:52 »
Ah The good Old days rideing in a chopper under fire..:gunman:
and about that time your under fire your think up there about that. Time you start thinking you dead..:help: so it take little more then just fancey flying.. your team must work to geter as a team not like AA...
hmm good thing i am doing those type of mission all night with the 101st Airborne and some times we team up with CAG14...to all those gunner and Ground Ponders and pilots :cheers: and good luck too all
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2003, 23:39:31 by TIGER »

Phantom

« Reply #18 on: 04 Jun 2003, 04:05:15 »
delaware, i think you need to calm it like noon said. if it's about the name, the guy made a mistake, it happens. and saying he died isn't disrespectful, it's the truth. being sixteen doesn't mean that your a little brat. and the man wasn't a soldier, he was a pilot.
and the bloke never put his life on the line for me, so stop trying to make him sound like our savior, they guy faught for his country, good on him.

stop looking for an excuse to pick on someone, how old are you anyway?

delaware

« Reply #19 on: 04 Jun 2003, 06:13:11 »
Phantom,

My post had absolutely nothing to do with him mistaking Wolcott's name.  My issue is with him thinking it's a "cool" idea to recreate Wolcott's death, and his presentation of this idea showed no respect for the Wolcott himself, or his family.  That, regardless of age, is disrespectful and childish.  In fact, why don't you do some research on the families of the fallen men in Mogadishu and see what their stance is games recreating the death of their relatives?

Secondly, I specifically said the advice was for him.  Read my post again and explain to me how I implied Wolcott's was your or anyone else's (including BMG) savior.  You can't explain it because I didn't say that ... you're reaching for straws to fuel your (baseless) argument here.  I suggested BMG show due respect.

As for picking on him, I saw a remark in extremely bad taste and offered advice to him.  If you consider that being "picked on," maybe you should develop thicker skin.  And to answer your question, I'm 22.

Also, a soldier is anyone serving in an army, and not necessarily an infantryman.

Feel free to PM me if you want to continue.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jun 2003, 07:07:08 »

PM / IM / EMail would be a most welcome alternative to continuing that conversation in this thread.

Thanks.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Iwesshome

« Reply #21 on: 04 Jun 2003, 14:44:31 »
The only issue I see about making helicopter missions is how do you keep the player hungry for more.... I have played some and it was like this

1. Board Helicopter
2. Fly here and load troops
3. Fly here and drop troops off
4. End mission

I think if you created a well-orchestrated battle with the infantryman involved and helos as support then made the player the helicopter pilot hovering in support in might work as long as they don't mind sitting there.

IW

« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2003, 14:44:58 by Iwesshome »

eversman

« Reply #22 on: 04 Jun 2003, 20:50:40 »
So, lets go to work...

Iwesshome

« Reply #23 on: 04 Jun 2003, 21:58:14 »
IM if you want to share some ideas...

:)

eversman

« Reply #24 on: 05 Jun 2003, 10:37:58 »
You prabobly see Black Hawk Down ::)
And do you remember the scene where Delta stoped the convoy of three cars and arested Osman Atto, the Adid's chief banker and munitions supplier
maby this kind of mission....

Homefry31464

« Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2003, 01:39:35 »
Is it possible?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #26 on: 06 Jun 2003, 01:48:55 »
ive made a version of it.... but ofp choppers do have a mind of their own so is very hard to get right.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

eversman

« Reply #27 on: 06 Jun 2003, 18:38:20 »
Very hard but possible... .

Homefry31464

« Reply #28 on: 07 Jun 2003, 03:46:20 »
Nice, how did you make it so when you shoot the car it stopped?  

Phantom

« Reply #29 on: 07 Jun 2003, 10:45:51 »
you only need 4 people to play that as a mission online. a MH-60 and a MH-6 pilot a sniper or something and a driver. so don't worry about ofp, just do it as mp