Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bibmi's Modernised West Soldiers???  (Read 16494 times)

Bibmi

Re:Bibmi's Modernised West Soldiers???
« Reply #75 on: 15 Oct 2002, 09:15:20 »
Believe me when I say at Least 90% of Africa's paramilitary (rebel, guerilla (sp), freedom fighters, terrroists) are equipped with hardware from the former Soviet Union. In fact most official militaries use the Ak as their primary weapon. Why? Its realtive cheap cost and durability are the primary reasons. The African Militia addon is a way off, but expect lots of Aks, maybe some Fals.

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: 15 Oct 2002, 11:37:48 »
steele,

please check your IM, i sent you a message.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #77 on: 16 Oct 2002, 01:17:28 »
Hey Bibmi, can you post more Screens of the Delta guys?

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #78 on: 16 Oct 2002, 04:15:34 »
Bibmi, when you'll finish your African Militia.....than just equip 'em with UCE's AKM(ak47), and a g3 from an H&K pack by LB mod............
btw, do you have ne pics of teh M4's(A1/sop) that you want to equip your SF guys with ?

JFK

« Reply #79 on: 21 Oct 2002, 20:41:09 »
once again bimbi supplies us with possibly some of the best addons around........

i want i want i want

;)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #80 on: 22 Oct 2002, 05:47:23 »
hey bibmi it's been a few day since you or STEELE updated us, need the Info, throw me a frickin' bone here, I'm hip I'm with it! but you should make your new soldiers evil!!!!!
Sorry got a little Dr. Evil in me today  :hmm:

Dkraver

« Reply #81 on: 25 Oct 2002, 02:19:37 »
Believe me when I say at Least 90% of Africa's paramilitary (rebel, guerilla (sp), freedom fighters, terrroists) are equipped with hardware from the former Soviet Union. In fact most official militaries use the Ak as their primary weapon. Why? Its realtive cheap cost and durability are the primary reasons. The African Militia addon is a way off, but expect lots of Aks, maybe some Fals.

Hmm i would say you are wrong about the 90%. Africa was the third (think, might be fourth or higher) front of the cold war. Even though it wasnt West and east units fighting against each other (But "advisors", except Angola where russian soldiers where based) it was these two sides that put loads of weapons into the hands of the different countries "leaders".
East
Main Supplier. Russia and China
Weapons. AK47, RPG's
Armour. T55, PT76, BTR-60, BTR 52 (also the chinese counter parts) and basicly the old weapons of the east block.
West
Main suppliers. France, UK (coloni nation's) and US
Weapons. FN FAL, HK G3, M16
Armour. M60, Centurion, M48, AMX's, M3 APC.
Most of the armour have been destroyed in the different Battle through out africa. And the M16 havent lasted that long because of the plastic parts on it. Left are the AK, FN FAl and the G3. I would say in a ratio of 60% AK and 40% FN FAL and G3 Based on book material i have. Also if you look at news cast from african conflicts with rebels and the others when you have a group of 7-8 people 4 or 5 of them will have ak's, others one of the two others or even a third kind. But movies mostly show AK's when talking about Africa conflicts.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #82 on: 25 Oct 2002, 05:22:28 »
It would depend a lot on what country your in, and how well... "established" the Military is, take Samolia for example, no Gov't just Warlords and Mercenarys, they use what ever they can get, but say South Africa Probly uses better Gear like AK74s or M16 (but I don't know for sure), and then you got the small countrys that are in between, and probly use AKMs or other weapons, also there are the Northern Countrys like Egypt and Libya that get AK47s and T72s and relativly good Gear, it's all a mess, there are Dozens of Countrys in Africa all with Different Militarys and Governments, and Bibmi is from South Africa (Right?) so he'd probly know better that a lot of us who are from Europe or the US and Canada Mostly.

Bibmi

« Reply #83 on: 25 Oct 2002, 07:14:10 »
Sorry about the lack of updates...I was hoping to release something this weekend, but I'll be away on business...I'll have more information next week...the end is near...

Chomps

« Reply #84 on: 25 Oct 2002, 20:15:06 »
That is good news.

Anyway, Bibmi, if you get a chance, check out this thread: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=2660

TkKivi

« Reply #85 on: 27 Oct 2002, 07:20:49 »
Thou i have never seen US army live or anything,

about the regular infantry camo pattern, is it like that in the modern US BDUĂ‚'s? ...the original camo pattern from OFP, to be honest i hate it.  :P

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #86 on: 27 Oct 2002, 10:51:57 »
Which do you mean? What actual US BDU's look like, or how BIS textured the US troops for the game? I've never been a fan of the standard US woodland camo pattern...
MARPAT is like very small, ( think digital pixles that make up the image on your monitor ) squares of green, brown, and black I think, in varying shades, and random patterns.
That is how the new USMC camo is patterned, and I hope the rest of the US military forces follow suit.

TkKivi

« Reply #87 on: 27 Oct 2002, 19:08:15 »
umm, for example in Ghost recon the US units, the woodland camo.

contraz0rz

« Reply #88 on: 27 Oct 2002, 20:52:51 »
these addons look VERY good, can't wait for a release!

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #89 on: 28 Oct 2002, 06:51:37 »
My Dad is in the US Army and has been since before I was Born I'm Joining is a Year when I turn 18 and Finish High School and I think there are a lot of inaccuracys in OFP but the Cammo Textures in the Game for US soldiers are Perfect! in don't know about the Reds but the US's are Right On, so I wouldn't Change them.