Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bibmi's Modernised West Soldiers???  (Read 16495 times)

Chomps

Re:Bibmi's Modernised West Soldiers???
« Reply #30 on: 27 Sep 2002, 23:49:22 »
Is all lost?  :'(

3XTR3ME

« Reply #31 on: 28 Sep 2002, 06:23:26 »
ah, I believe he didnt have any beta testers that had the addons themselves....tough luck whenever I make an addon for ofp and other games I always let people beta test and when I have problems like this they just send me the addon

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #32 on: 28 Sep 2002, 20:25:52 »
Well, I have the Demo Dessert Delta buy that came from his site. I'm sure others do too, so Just wait and See, and Bibmi hasn't been on for a While so I susspect he's deep in some Laboratory, with Ompa Lompas, Building His Addon, LIVE DAMN IT LIVE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bibmi

« Reply #33 on: 07 Oct 2002, 14:48:03 »
Sorry for the lack of updates...good news though...I've recruited STEELE to help out with the coding and testing of what I could recover which is mostly everything...sort of...so hopefully these addons are back on track as well as some other little surprises in the works...

Bosniarat

« Reply #34 on: 07 Oct 2002, 17:01:43 »
HOOOOAAAH! ;D ;D ;D
Thats Great News! I was kinda worried there for a moment :P Cant wait too see them!
HOOOOAAAAH! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Big-Boss

« Reply #35 on: 07 Oct 2002, 20:36:55 »
Great work!

STEELE

« Reply #36 on: 07 Oct 2002, 22:50:08 »
Thanks for the oppotunity Bibmi;
Guys Bibmi has outdone himself with these guys. ;D
The Desert Rangers are my personal favourites! Other units we're working on for the pack include;
Rangers in Woodland camo.
Rangers in Desert 3 colour (Ala BHD)
Green Berets in Desert & Woodland camo
& last but by no means least:
DELTA OPERATORS in Desert & Woodland.

Currently they're using a ranger of weapons including Flippers M4's, Taiwan Workshops M249 & standard game weapons.
They all have working Flak vests that will stop a pistol round to the chest, & BiBmi & I are looking at doing versions for 1.46 & 1.75.
Well thats it for now I'll post some pics when I have time, cheers STEELE :)

Chomps

« Reply #37 on: 07 Oct 2002, 23:00:15 »
All those different models, all those different camos, I cannot wait!! ;D

Great job, you two.  Glad you could recover most of it, Bimbi.

Eviscerator

« Reply #38 on: 07 Oct 2002, 23:29:05 »
any news on the vietnam soldiers?

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #39 on: 08 Oct 2002, 01:14:32 »
Bibmi Great News, Your Not Dead Yaaaaaa! :D I Knew you were in a Lab Yelling at your Helper guy with the Hunch Back, Yelling Live Darn It Live (why cant I say Damn?) we all Missed ya Buddy! It's good to hear from ya.

Chomps

« Reply #40 on: 08 Oct 2002, 01:44:07 »
I have a couple questions, just to make the thread more interesting:

1) Will the soldiers be released in separate packs by their group, or will they all be under one Special Forces pack?

2) Will the third-party weapons you are using modified in any way for consistency or what not?

3) Any plans to include any additional weapons or use any you created before (if they were not lost)?  For example, what will the snipers of the groups use, the OFP default?

4) Have an estimate on when it will be released?  A simple "when it's done" will do. ;D

Oh yeah, if you could supply any more updated screenshots I would appreciate it. ;D

Bibmi

« Reply #41 on: 08 Oct 2002, 10:56:48 »
Evi...I sent all the US soldier files I recovered to Ebud and Select...

Chomps...you'll have to ask STEELE about the weapons...Ideally, what I'd like to see is...

1. Rangers (M16 and M203s) - ingame
                (SAW) - I think Steeles already reworked the Taiwan Workshops SAW

2. Green Berets (FlipeRs M4s - he gave me permission to use them a while back and although I haven't got the res ones...I hear they're awesome)

3. Delta (SOPMOD M4s...reflex and acog sights - unfortunately I lost my models of them, but they could easily be redone...just that they weren't very good  :-\ )

ditto for the delta snipers a modified M4 with all the sniper attatchments (the modified M21 is a "clunky" weapon from what I here). don't know if one exists...

screenshots soon...

Delta_One_Zero

« Reply #42 on: 08 Oct 2002, 13:31:17 »
Regarding the Delta Sniper, couldn't you just use Flipers' M4A1 with Suppressor (ala BHD.. minus the M68 Reflex, which in retrospect wouldn't really work out, still hopefully Fliper plans too release his M68 equipped M4A1's soon'ish).

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #43 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:12:43 »
Granted the M-21 has been done to death and is a bit heavy... but there are other 7.62mm precision rifles out there. Why not a HK G3SG1, MSG-90, or even a PSG-1, all of which have fantastic models already made for OFP? If you prefer a US based sniper weapon, how about a SR-25 with Knight supressor, Harris bipod and Leupold scope?

andy51

« Reply #44 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:35:35 »
Bibmi- on your site i saw a brit SF soldier in standard green camo and camo face and a wooly hat(SAS?),a desert guy (SAS?), and a Royal Marine,are you going to release these after the US SF?

If so how about the Special Boat Service being included as a unit, as there is yet to be an SBS addon released.
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2002, 23:42:48 by andy51 »