Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Black Hawk Down  (Read 5466 times)

Josef

Black Hawk Down
« on: 12 Jan 2003, 19:45:25 »
Hey, I think I'll make a BHD mission, and a good one!

All I need to know is a few facts about the operation, how was the force organisation?

Black Magic

Re:Black Hawk Down
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2003, 07:30:59 »
Now there's an original idea! :o
You know, someone should do Omaha Beach as well! ;D

I rest my case. ::)

Nah only joking. I think you seem pretty dedicated to it, but I'm just sick of alot of people saying they're going to do it better than anyone - only to fall under. If you do get it done, I'd be more than happy to check it out cause BHD missions are far and few between and those that do make it to see the light aren't as great as their hype makes out. 8)

Best of luck with it though man. :)

max_killer_payne

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2003, 20:18:58 »
I would also like to see a BlackHawk Down mission out to download, but the problem is due to Flashpoints engine and it cant take more then about 60 men in one mission, it would be hard to make a realistic BHD mission, and the city would be hard to create, and due to the OFP aircraft A.I which isnt great, the helicopters may smash into buildings etc, and you would need alot of buildings and a new island probably.

Dont make it seem like im against you tryin!!  ;D   Im all for a BHD mission it would just be hard to make!!

Loc-Dog

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2003, 22:12:21 »
You guys ever heard of deleting units and creating units during a mission? ;)
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/tutorial_view.php?id=129 I haven't tried that script yet but i'm sure its what you need
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2003, 22:43:02 by Loc-Dog »

Josef

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2003, 15:32:44 »
I know its not an orginal idea, but I just thought it cool for LAN, with Human littlebirds its possible...

And I dont know if ill make the movie one, maybe with some twist:) Like a different city and different troops;)

O Neil

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2003, 06:46:18 »
ON another note, I reckon that there should be a thread on this, like Editing and scripting, you know, topics like that, but for massively knowen Missions in history.
You know?
There's gotta be like, 143514350769876 topics on BHD and Omaha Beach and my toilet.............oh, mabey not.  ;)

O Neil ;)

Black Magic

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2003, 13:43:55 »
"143514350769876" :o

I'm curious to know how you came up with this figure. ::)

lmao :P

O Neil

« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2003, 01:20:37 »
It didn't take long, I just slammed my hand on the numbers ;)

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 06 Feb 2003, 03:05:10 »
Why don't you make a tiny effort, go out and ge the book, Black Hawk Down, by Mark Bowden. That way your doing the story and not people on the forum's.

If you changed the place and soldiers, then I guess it wouldn't really be Black Hawk Down, now would it

Blacky

« Reply #9 on: 09 Feb 2003, 21:07:46 »
HereƂ's a site with interviews, weapons, stories ans stuff about Operation Restore Hope.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/ambush/

Offline Cougar

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2003, 22:19:37 »
Hey bro if you can find someone who can make a real detailled map of Mogadishu ill be glad to help on it;) oh and sry for the 56kers

O Neil

« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2003, 03:34:45 »
Nice  ;)

Bronski

« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2003, 07:41:47 »
Actually it is about 60 groups per side (i actually think that number is slightly higher).  So, you could actually have about 720 people on the enemy side though that would kill practically everyone's computer.

O Neil

« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2003, 08:36:48 »
1000 somalians were killed
17 (I think) USA soldiers were killed
70 (I think) injured

....but you probaby know that.......so I'll just go.......

O neil ;)

Mooseman

« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2003, 13:40:40 »
hi there

I think "BHD" would be a very interesing topic. Even more since there are the rangers and deltas + littlebirds from BAS to realize it.

I also think that it is nearly impossible to realize "BHD" in one mission; the events back in '93 have been all topsy-turvy you would need like 1.000 somalis about 170 rangers + deltas, 5t Trucks, Hummer, Littlebirds and, ah yes, black hawks, obviously...

The key to bring "BHD" alive in OFP is consequently not to make a mission but a campaign. Just like in Bowdens book. The Author's story isn't one continuous flow of events. Instead it is devided several chapters, each telling you a distinct story that is interlinked with all the other chapters. All chapters together build the story of "BHD".

So IMHO "BHD" for OFP shouldn't be a mission but a campaign. Each mission within this campaign gives you the opportunity to replay certain elements of the desaster (eg. secure and hold the position around the target building with your chalk; evacuate wounded ranger with an Hummer; storm target building with delta; lead convoy through streets &c)